Alan Shearer contract latest: long gone

Shearergol

If Shearer wasn't going to stay the talks would have been over by now IMO, he doesn't strike me as the kind of person to sit around for hours and hours on end waiting to be convinced.

They've probably agreed everything regarding his contract in principle but are going through the paperwork and making plans for the squad/transfer dealings.

The fact that Ashley came and went seems to back this up.

Rememebr the KK talks when he walked out after the transfer window, i'm getting the feeling that Shearer is experiencing the same problems, issues and pig headed stupidness KK came up against.

Try you best but you just cant expline things to some people, especially a pair of Knackers who have shown they know sweet f*** all about running a professional football club.

No offence, but you just made that all up didn't you? We have no idea what is happening, for all we know the club could be just working out the details of Shearer's deal/demands.

This is a big decision, it's only been a couple of days, give them a chance FFS.

No offence, but mind your neb.

I'm saying what I think is happening going off past preformances by the GOONS in charge.

Sorry but they DO have previous.

I just believe in criticising people for things they've actually done, rather than stuff that exists only in my imagination.

Rememebr the KK talks when he walked out after the transfer window, i'm getting the feeling that Shearer is experiencing the same problems, issues and pig headed stupidness KK came up against.

Try you best but you just cant expline things to some people, especially a pair of Knackers who have shown they know sweet f*** all about running a professional football club.

No offence, but you just made that all up didn't you? We have no idea what is happening, for all we know the club could be just working out the details of Shearer's deal/demands.

This is a big decision, it's only been a couple of days, give them a chance FFS.

I'm saying what I think is happening going off past preformances by the GOONS in charge.

I just believe in criticising people for things they've actually done, rather than stuff that exists only in my imagination.

Yeah we have last season to go off as an example.

KK pissed around with these cunts for 3 days before conceding he couldn't get through to them what makes you think this is any different?

OH and I do believe that I'm entitled to criticise these goons as much as I want considering they allowed the club to be relegated from top flight football for the first time in 16 years.

We have seen jack shit from them to suggest they are suddenly going to change their business practices.

SO aye, its hardley in my imagination considering the season we've just.

FFS

KK pissed around with these cunts for 3 days before conceding he couldn't get through to them what makes you think this is any different?

Well yeah, I'm not saying they didn't do things wrong before, so fair enough criticise them for that. There was claim and counter-claim with KK as well, we still don't know who was really at fault.

All I'm saying is don't slag them off for fucking things up with Shearer when nothing has happened yet.

Edit - as for your second reply, feel free to slag them off as much as possible for us getting relegated, that would fall into the 'things that have actually happened' category. I just don't see why you have to find extra things to have a go at the club for, when in reality they might just as well announce Shearer as manager in the next few days.

KK pissed around with these c***s for 3 days before conceding he couldn't get through to them what makes you think this is any different?

Well yeah, I'm not saying they didn't do things wrong before, so fair enough criticise them for that. There was claim and counter-claim with KK as well, we still don't know who was really at fault.

All I'm saying is don't slag them off for f***ing things up with Shearer when nothing has happened yet.

Aye! Why would anyone not trust Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias?

:idiot2:

KK pissed around with these c***s for 3 days before conceding he couldn't get through to them what makes you think this is any different?

All I'm saying is don't slag them off for f***ing things up with Shearer when nothing has happened yet.

So what's your point?

I've never said we should just trust them, and I've admitted they've made massive errors that they deserve criticism for.

So what's your point?

I've never said we should just trust them, and I've admitted they've made massive errors that they deserve criticism for.

Was just pullin' ya leg, mate.

Personally, I don't trust them one bit. And, although Shearer could still well sign for us, it would be less of a surprise to me if they fucked it up and Shearer walks...

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2009/05/28/alan-shearer-stands-firm-as-nufc-management-talks-drag-on-61634-23730500/

Although the situation is obviously delicate with the number of issues that need to be sorted out, a club insider told The Journal that nothing sinister should be read into a second day passing without an agreement.

“The process is continuing. Both parties are interested in getting something resolved as soon as possible but there are plenty of things to talk about,” the source told The Journal. “Talks haven’t broken down, there’s been no disagreement, the situation hasn’t really changed. Talks are continuing.”

:indi:

Fair enough Mistle, I don't really 'trust' them either, I just know that it's in their interests to make this club a success. And I hope that the amount of shit we've been through, combined with the wake-up call that we actually aren't too big to be relegated, will make them ensure they get a decision right for once.

Time will tell.

Steven Taylor has repeated his call for Shearer to be given the job. The England under-21 skipper, who was confirmed as part of Stuart Pearce’s squad for the European Championships in Sweden yesterday, says he is the “only man” who can take the club back up.

“The club means so much to him. The fans love him and he was hurt like we were about relegation. The only one person who I think can take us back up is Alan,” he said.

stevie t sticking his oar in for the captains armband, doing a bit of crawly bum lick  ;D

Steven Taylor has repeated his call for Shearer to be given the job. The England under-21 skipper, who was confirmed as part of Stuart Pearce’s squad for the European Championships in Sweden yesterday, says he is the “only man” who can take the club back up.

“The club means so much to him. The fans love him and he was hurt like we were about relegation. The only one person who I think can take us back up is Alan,” he said.

stevie t sticking his oar in for the captains armband, doing a bit of crawly bum lick  ;D

;D

Well, in fairness, so would I!  :snod:

its probs taking so long as thes more to discuss than just the managers job, they said they were sitting down and talking about how to move the club forward etc..

its probs taking so long as thes more to discuss than just the managers job, they said they were sitting down and talking about how to move the club forward etc..

Presumably (and hopefully) Shearer has a hell of a lot to say about the farce that was last season. :thup:

Fair point.

You never know, maybe the two clowns are interested in rebuilding the club and moving it forward.

But I doubt it.

Steven Taylor has repeated his call for Shearer to be given the job. The England under-21 skipper, who was confirmed as part of Stuart Pearces squad for the European Championships in Sweden yesterday, says he is the only man who can take the club back up.

The club means so much to him. The fans love him and he was hurt like we were about relegation. The only one person who I think can take us back up is Alan, he said.

If Taylor was as good at defending as he is at playing to the gallery he'd be the England senior team first choice not just an U21.

Calm down boys and girls.

There are some multi million pound contracts being negotiated here, it will be in neither party's interest to rush anything.

Behind the scenes there will be more lawyers poring over details than we'd care to know about. Those guys never rush and nothing will be signed until they say so.

Edit - as for your second reply, feel free to slag them off as much as possible for us getting relegated, that would fall into the 'things that have actually happened' category. I just don't see why you have to find extra things to have a go at the club for, when in reality they might just as well announce Shearer as manager in the next few days.

Never had a pot shot at the club, i'm having a go at the owner and his clems.

It reads like you're having a go at the club. What are "clems" - is that a mackem expression ?

Steven Taylor has repeated his call for Shearer to be given the job. The England under-21 skipper, who was confirmed as part of Stuart Pearces squad for the European Championships in Sweden yesterday, says he is the only man who can take the club back up.

The club means so much to him. The fans love him and he was hurt like we were about relegation. The only one person who I think can take us back up is Alan, he said.

Yup - but assuming he does stay Habib should get the armband imo. 

It reads like you're having a go at the club. What are "clems" - is that a mackem expression ?

I do believe i mentioned Ashley and his goons a couple of times and though it was clear who i was having a pop at.  If you cant tell the difference between ashley and the club then maybe you need to question why your support of NUFC.

As for clems, are you a man?  If so you have two between your legs in a ball sack.  Unless your going through the change, if so you need to change your user name to Benwell Lass.

I do believe i mentioned Ashley and his goons a couple of times and though it was clear who i was having a pop at.  If you cant tell the difference between ashley and the club then maybe you need to question why your support of NUFC.

As for clems, are you a man?  If so you have two between your legs in a ball sack.   Unless your going through the change, if so you need to change your user name to Benwell Lass.

Don't worry about it, mate. Some don't want to hear criticism of the jokers who got the club into this mess so they're making stuff up, it's nowt but daft spin.  As you say, it's obvious from your posts you're not slagging off the club, the suggestion you are is ridiculous. It's obvious who you're having a pop at and it's more than justified.

Cheers