Boro or Hull

Guest toonlass
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Definitely Boro tbh; they're down - no coming back for em. You'd think the win against Liverpool would have galvanised them a bit but it didn't. If they win we've still got them at home, so their relationship with us in this division doesn't really change. It's still up to us to beat them and put them to bed. It's between us and Hull for that third spot imo.

Guest firetotheworks

Us staying up at Sunderland expense would be just about the best thing thats happened this season. Such a sad state of affairs.

wat about sunderland? if we somehow manage to pull off a result at stoke they have man u and we'd be level on points

With most likely a better goal difference unless both matches are only won by 1 goal.

Couple of Mackems in my circle of mates, who've been lapping up our failures all season long - torture at times. If we stay up and go down it would be one of the happiest moments of my life. :lol:

For the fact that I don't believe Boro will stay up win, lose or draw tomorrow, I'd sooner see them close the gap on us rather than Hull go 1 or 3 points further ahead.

Draw.

A win for Boro and it might galvanize them. Don't want a Hull win, because with their run-in I can see us (in blind faith) catching them, however a win puts them within spitting distance of safety obviously.

Worst case scenario tomorrow: If we lose to Stoke, and Hull beat Boro, Portsmouth beat WBA and the Mackems beat Man Utd we look quite f***ed indeed.

We have to pray that 'boro win. If we finish above Hull we stay up; if we finish above 'boro and below Hull either us or the Mackems will be down.

In a nutshell really.

We have to pray that 'boro win. If we finish above Hull we stay up; if we finish above 'boro and below Hull either us or the Mackems will be down.

In a nutshell really.

Yeah, I agree. Hull are the team we have to aim for to get out of the drop zone. Portsmouth, the Mackems, Blackburn and Stoke have got the players to stay up, but Hull really don't.

Why do people seem to be thinking Boro are gone, when they're only 2 points behind you?

Because people also think that we're gone. :lol:

Seriously though, can you see Boro winning two games more than everyone else just above them in seven games? Doubtful really.

Boro have to win 2 out of 7 just to go 1 point ahead of Sunderland's current points tally. Realistically they have to win 4 just to have a glimmer of hope really.

You'd think so, some people seem to think this will somehow be the last game Boro can possibly win so we'll easily finish above them anyway.  In normal circumstances I'd agree that we'll get more points from the remaining games then Boro, but dropping down to second bottom just before playing one of the most difficult teams to beat in the league could ruin our confidence completely IMO.  If we cab beat Stoke then great I hope Boro win, but I'm not confident we will and we just can't end today down yet another place!

You'd think so, some people seem to think this will somehow be the last game Boro can possibly win so we'll easily finish above them anyway.  In normal circumstances I'd say we'll get more points from the remaining games, but dropping down to second bottom just before playing one of the most difficult teams to beat in the league could ruin our confidence completely IMO.

I agree Boro face a very uphill task, but it astounds me some of the comments here ("Boro are gone" etc).