Home form

lovejoy

we could look at our home form in a different light, we havnt been beaten at home in the league by a team outside of the top 4 since blackburn in september.

3 wins are not out of our grasp just yet people.

home form, 2009,  no wins.

did you expect a win from man utd, arsenal and chelsea a home?

pompey and boro, and arguably fulham, will be the weakest opposition at home outside the top 4 this year, it isnt insummountable (sp).

Its odd that we write ourselves off when faced with 3 winnable games at home - which they are, but also claim that we 'had' to win two away games - Stoke and Spurs or we're doomed.

good point.

Its odd that we write ourselves off when faced with 3 winnable games at home - which they are, but also claim that we 'had' to win two away games - Stoke and Spurs or we're doomed.

I had us losing to Stoke and Spurs but still staying up by winning our homes games. 

So according to the results so far we are ahead of my predictions.

It's definitely not impossible. As you say, we've played 9, but only won 3 and drawn 6 of those games you mention. In three of those draws as well we were in a leading position up until the 86th minute. It's not beyond the realms of impossibility, but it'll be tough. Least it's a glimmer of hope anyway!

Looking at previous form is irrelevant imo because of our injury problems and the return to near fitness of several key players.

Touch wood, and unless I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time this season we'll have had the attacking trio of Viduka, Martins and Owen all fit and available at the same time.

Another thing I was thinking about this morning that I didn't think worthy of a thread, but worthy of a mention.

A few years ago, we were dreadful but able to see teams off at home. We had a shit pitch that only our lot knew how to play on at times. Now our pitch is good, letting teams play better stuff.

I had us losing to Stoke and Spurs but still staying up by winning our homes games. 

So according to the results so far we are ahead of my predictions.

Same here, in fact us getting a point at Stoke is the only (I think) near-shock result by a bottom placed team lately.

Just had a quick check of the combined away records of Portsmouth, Boro and Fulham. Nowt flash tbh:

Played    48

Won        6

Drawn    17

Lost        25

For        30

Against 68

Looking at previous form is irrelevant imo because of our injury problems and the return to near fitness of several key players.

Touch wood, and unless I'm not mistaken, this will be the first time this season we'll have had the attacking trio of Viduka, Martins and Owen all fit and available at the same time.

If we can add in the factor that St James should be jumping then we have to believe we can still do it. Whether the players believe it we'll find out on Monday night.

I was quite happily getting used to the idea of Championship football next season.

Why do some f*ckers keep doing this by giving us crumbs of hope? :lol:

Bookie's odds on Newcastle v Portsmouth

W: 1/1 D: 23/10 L: 12/5 (bet365)

W: 2.08 D: 4.1 L: 3.45 (betfair)

A couple more crumbs for everybody :lol:

Guest Geordiesned

I can't believe I'm missing the Fulham game - at a wedding in Liverpool!

Why do some people get married during the football season?!?!

• 1 year later...

Everyone reckoned our home form would keep us up this season, and yet we have somehow lost to Blackpool and fucking Stoke. Should we be worried?

The worry is that games at SJP become a millstone around the players' necks rather than the confidence boost it should be. We needed the win today.