Home form

lovejoy

Today it was like watching us 2 seasons ago at home. If a team set out to defend all game we have no way of breaking them down.

And yet when they'd do it last year we'd butcher them, by and large. We've changed our attitude to a more cautious one and it's not what we should be doing.

The only positive I can think of is that a lot of us probably expected to be on about 7 points at this stage (having lost against Everton and maybe Villa). Its by no means a complete disaster losing to Blackpool and Stoke when we have picked up unexpected points elseware. If anything it gives us a good kick up the arse and a chance to sort it out.

At the same time though we could well have been on 13 points right now. But lets face it, that was never going to happen anyway.

What pisses me the most is that whatever we think, our team is so much better than a relegation battle. We're playing well, we just lack that final ball as we can outplay most teams in the league bar top 6.

I mean we have played well and all we just dont seem to be able to score and move upfront. We need to put Nolan on the bench. Give Ben Arfa his central position and put Jonas on the left.

I think we can go to City and get a draw. No doubt.

Very disappointing attendance today. I could t get back for the game but at least my ticket was used. Just over 41,000. Where did all the fans from the Blackpool game go?

Considering our efforts at Chelsea and Everton, today's turn out was a let down.

They are are good side, who are physically and aerially much stronger than us. They used their strengths to their advantage today.

Tell me, what is our team's main strength?

I wouldn't say that were a "good side" like.

We should have definitely won it, but playing Carroll up by himself at home is really costing us as he's getting kept out of the game for large periods. Besides putting the pen away, I don't think Nolan added much going forward and should be dropped for the next home game so we can go 4-4-2.

</captain obvious>

Can you tell me what our main strength as a side is?

With the pace of Enrique, Perch, Guti, Routledge & Ben Arfa.

+ The passing ability of Tiote (Fast himself) & Barton in the middle.

It really should be attacking at speed & countering in general. Which is a very good strength to have, we're just not using it that much.

Main strength? So you're basically saying they're one dimensional?

That's spot on then. They were fucking awful first half, barely resembled a football team at all. They smashed their way to a goal in the second half and then we gifted them the winner. We only have ourselves to blame for letting that shower come here and take all 3 points.

I presume you mean Stoke? Of course they are one-dimensional, everyone knows that about them. The point is, knowing this we should have adapted our game plan to deal with their ugly football.

I couldn't disagree more. I think we did this in the second half and that's what cost us the game. We shouldn't be worrying about Stoke, they should be worrying about us.

First half we had them right where we wanted them and while we weren't battering them, we were passing it round and looking very comfortable. Second half we played where they wanted us to, in the air.

I presume you mean Stoke? Of course they are one-dimensional, everyone knows that about them. The point is, knowing this we should have adapted our game plan to deal with their ugly football.

No. We should have adapted our gameplan to exploit their massive, fundamental weaknesses. The fact they're slow, cumbersome and have limited footballing ability. Why we didn't just keep the ball on the floor I'll never know.

Adapting the gameplan to suit their play is what we did today (long ball to Carroll) and is why we played into their hands.