Should Owen be dropped?

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

dmck let me ask you this.

If by some miracle we could swap Owen for any of the Arsenal strikers for the run in till the end of the season would you switch him for any of them? Or keep Owen?

Swap him for any of Arshavin, Adebayor or van Persie without question.

They create and score chances, be more important to the team.

So why on Earth would Wenger show any hint of interest in our grubby, pass it's sell by date striker?

Owen is too one dimensional and too slow he wouldn't be able to keep up with those kids at Arsenal.

Those Arsenal kids are the future of the game. Young, fresh, exciting and sexy football.

Owen would be so out of place. He would be the guy no one wants to sit next to at lunch.

Because he scores goals in less attempts??

Guest neesy111

dmck let me ask you this.

If by some miracle we could swap Owen for any of the Arsenal strikers for the run in till the end of the season would you switch him for any of them? Or keep Owen?

Swap him for any of Arshavin, Adebayor or van Persie without question.

They create and score chances, be more important to the team.

So why on Earth would Wenger show any hint of interest in our grubby, pass it's sell by date striker?

Owen is too one dimensional and too slow he wouldn't be able to keep up with those kids at Arsenal.

Those Arsenal kids are the future of the game. Young, fresh, exciting and sexy football.

Owen would be so out of place. He would be the guy no one wants to sit next to at lunch.

so true, he wouldn't be able to keep up with the pace they play at nevermind their counter attacks

If all you can do is tuck the ball into the net when it's given to you on a plate and even then you only get to do it once every 4 times, I'm sorry but you are absolutely fucking shit. There's no other way to put it.

All I'm going to say is that if you went anywhere in the country right now and suggested that Owen would be a useful addition to the top 4 side, you'd be laughed out.

Just like you're being done right here right now.

I just proved to you, that your argument was s**** .. and that Owen is a clinical striker.  You denying that is quite laughable, really.

you said he was a 1 in 2 striker, but he's had 51 chances thats more than 1 in 4

so that's the arguement of that done

1 goal in 2 game striker.  I didnt think that such a hard thing to understand.

Also every 2 shots on goal he scores one, so for that too.  Scored 14 goals from 51 total shots, i think that was right.  Compare that to my post on van Persie 180(?) to 27 and Adebayor (cant remember) all above.. check.

fwiw Owen would score a fair amount of goals in a good side. not because of his finishing, which is actually now quite poor, but because he still has decent anticipation, movement and positioning and because those sides would create a crapload of good chances for him.

But don't they create loads of chances because their forwards are agile, quick and have great movement? I would think Michael Owen would be a bit of a spanner in the works more than anything else.

Guest neesy111

owen has never scored against a top 4 club at newcastle

shows you he can't play against good opposition, only scores against the lesser sides

If all you can do is tuck the ball into the net when it's given to you on a plate and even then you only get to do it once every 4 times, I'm sorry but you are absolutely f***ing s***. There's no other way to put it.

If its that easy, you become a pro footballer.  Who one of the EPL greatest strikers. :lol:  I feel like NE5 in regards to this, good fun.

fwiw Owen would score a fair amount of goals in a good side. not because of his finishing, which is actually now quite poor, but because he still has decent anticipation, movement and positioning and because those sides would create a crapload of good chances for him.

But don't they create loads of chances because their forwards are agile, quick and have great movement? I would think Michael Owen would be a bit of a spanner in the works more than anything else.

that's a fair argument. he'd basically be stationary for most the game and hoping the other 9 out field players do all the work. realistically if he went somewhere like man utd or arsenal he would at best be a super-sub or play against relegation fodder.

If all you can do is tuck the ball into the net when it's given to you on a plate and even then you only get to do it once every 4 times, I'm sorry but you are absolutely f***ing s***. There's no other way to put it.

If its that easy, you become a pro footballer.  Who one of the EPL greatest strikers. :lol:  I feel like NE5 in regards to this, good fun.

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you weren't allowed to slag off any of the players unless you were actually a better footballer than them :lol:

Stop trolling and f*** off back to your hole please. I'm just going to stop biting before s*** hits the fan again.

shows you he can't play against good opposition, only scores against the lesser sides

He only had 1 shot in all the games he has played against them this year.  Played against them 4 times.  Cant score if dont get chances.  TBH

Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't aware that you weren't allowed to slag off any of the players unless you were actually a better footballer than them :lol:

Stop trolling and f*** off back to your hole please. I'm just going to stop biting before s*** hits the fan again.

You said he was shite for doing something anyone can do, werent you.  repeat myself... idiot.

Guest neesy111

All I'm going to say is that if you went anywhere in the country right now and suggested that Owen would be a useful addition to the top 4 side, you'd be laughed out.

I just proved to you, that your argument was s**** .. and that Owen is a clinical striker.  You denying that is quite laughable, really.

you said he was a 1 in 2 striker, but he's had 51 chances thats more than 1 in 4

Also every 2 shots on goal he scores one, so for that too.  Scored 14 goals from 51 total shots, i think that was right.  Compare that to my post on van Persie 180(?) to 27 and Adebayor (cant remember) all above.. check.

your argument is flaud, many strikers can have a 1 in 2 goal record across or season, but owen is only as good as his last game, keven davies has a good goal record this season, should arsenal sign him? fuck they would

his form is 1 goal in 15 matches, and he's hardly looked liked scoring.  Thats just a player now that is totally past it

To be fair, he's just about twice the finisher of our Number Nine (7 goals out of 70 shots!) :kasper:

but isnt that because martins actually tries to score from outside the box and takes speculative shots at tight angles, from distance etc? their finishing when inside the box is fairly similar iyam, owen with more finesse, martins with more power. statistics only explain in numerical form what we all see, you have to put them in the proper context. i mean RVP has 9 goals from 99 shots but everyone here (but one) knows he is a far better finisher than Owen or Martins.

To be fair, he's just about twice the finisher of our Number Nine (7 goals out of 70 shots!) :kasper:

but isnt that because martins actually tries to score from outside the box and takes speculative shots at tight angles, from distance etc? their finishing when inside the box is fairly similar iyam, owen with more finesse, martins with more power.

its because martins is Shit.

Guest neesy111

He only had 1 shot in all the games he has played against them this year.  Played against them 4 times.  Cant score if dont get chances.  TBH

good strikers carve chances for themselves, shearer played with some shite at this club and still maintained an excellent goal scoring record against the big 4

And yet Martins despite all his flaws, and I will admit he does have some, has scored against them all except maybe Chelsea and he came damn close.

your argument is flaud, many strikers can have a 1 in 2 goal record across or season, but owen is only as good as his last game, keven davies has a good goal record this season, should arsenal sign him? f*** they would

his form is 1 goal in 15 matches, and he's hardly looked liked scoring.  Thats just a player now that is totally past it

How is it flawed, when it spans across his club career and international career.  Your as your last game ok, well if he had 3 chances on target or off in the last game, on history he would score 1.  That is not past it.

Look at Adebayors ratio.  Give you a hint .. its worse.  He past it?

Guest neesy111

let's look at the team's owen has scored against this season:

bolton,

coventry cup,

west ham,

spurs cup,

blackburn pen,

stoke twice,

wigan,

portsmouth,

west ham,

so where's that 14 goals came from thats 10 goals this season, 2 in the league cup and 1 from a penalty

so that's 7 goals from open play in the league this season

good strikers carve chances for themselves, shearer played with some s**** at this club and still maintained an excellent goal scoring record against the big 4

I was never talking about creating chances for him or others.  Was ALWAYS about how clinical he was.  I never denied he has alot to his game, but when people speak shit and outright lie, feel as though have to be called up on it.

Its the theme throughout the board exaggerate the shitness of our players ie Jonas now.

bolton,

coventry cup,

west ham,

spurs cup,

blackburn pen,

stoke twice,

wigan,

portsmouth,

west ham,

so where's that 14 goals came from thats 10 goals this season, 2 in the league cup and 1 from a penalty

Included England and its fair as proves relies on service.

Guest neesy111

good strikers carve chances for themselves, shearer played with some s**** at this club and still maintained an excellent goal scoring record against the big 4

I was never talking about creating chances for him or others.  Was ALWAYS about how clinical he was.  I never denied he has alot to his game, but when people speak shit and outright lie, feel as though have to be called up on it.

Its the theme throughout the board exaggerate the shitness of our players ie Jonas now.

you've been speaking shit, you made up 4 goals he scored this season, and he's only scored 7 league goals this season, an average of around 1 every 3 to 4 games this season

Guest neesy111

bolton,

coventry cup,

west ham,

spurs cup,

blackburn pen,

stoke twice,

wigan,

portsmouth,

west ham,

he hasn't played for england this season  :idiot2:

I was never talking about creating chances for him or others.  Was ALWAYS about how clinical he was.  I never denied he has alot to his game, but when people speak s*** and outright lie, feel as though have to be called up on it.

bolton,

coventry cup,

west ham,

spurs cup,

blackburn pen,

stoke twice,

wigan,

portsmouth,

west ham,

he hasn't played for england this season  :idiot2:

erm hang on

Wayne Rooney - 109 shots, 9 goals. is Owen a better finisher than him, too? Cristiano Ronaldo - 166 shots, 17 goals. Obviously Owen's shooting is far better than Ronaldo's.

ffs basing your argument on statistics is IDIOTIC if you have no idea what those stats show or why they show it. In terms of pure finishing Ronaldo is probably the best in the world, the power and accuracy he gets in his shots is perhaps unprecedented. in terms of pure finishing michael owen has absolutely fuck all power and poor to average placement. you have to question why he has taken so few shots - it is because his finishing is not good enough for him to attempt any shot other than those which are put on a plate for him. and even then he misses most of them. and anyway even when he was in his prime his goalscoring was far, far more to do with his positioning, anticipation and movement in the box than about the way his boot hit the ball, which was only ever half-decent back then and is now, having lost the power in his legs, average to poor.