Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

Guest Albert Square

We wont break them down.

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not we can keep them scoreless and secure a point.

Fuck that shit man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

I'm not saying sit back and defend the point, we have to keep playing how we're playing, and I don't think we've dominated.

We've dominated possession, but what use is possession when you don't use the ball? We've had about 2 shots.

We were creating lots of chances though, compared to Pompey who other than a few set pieces havent looked bothered.

Lots of chances?

Oba with the massive choke, Viduka with a header, Smith with a shot from outside the area?

For the amount of the ball we've had, we haven't created anywhere near enough.

Smith had 2 shots, Duff and Guthrie also had shots.

We wont break them down.

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not we can keep them scoreless and secure a point.

Fuck that shit man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

I'm not saying sit back and defend the point, we have to keep playing how we're playing, and I don't think we've dominated.

We've dominated possession, but what use is possession when you don't use the ball? We've had about 2 shots.

We were creating lots of chances though, compared to Pompey who other than a few set pieces havent looked bothered.

Lots of chances?

Oba with the massive choke, Viduka with a header, Smith with a shot from outside the area?

From well outside the area.

They're not clear cut. They'll go in 1/15 times or something like that.

If Nicky Butt could pass further than 6 yards in this match he would be having a decent game, liked his tackle anything that moves near the end of the half.

Game is there for the taking. Come on lads.......

Guest LucaAltieri

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

They're trying to slow the game right down at every opportunity, and try and catch us out. They'll take a point though.

Yeah, obviously playing for a point. If we can put one past them and force them to attack I think we'll have enough space to score 2 or 3.

We wont break them down.

f*** that s*** man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

Lots of chances?

what you gaining from being negative about it ?

The fact that Martins just missed an absolute sitter is more than enough evidence that we can get chances.

Aslong as defending deep, it'll leave them open to conceding dodgy rebounds

If Nicky Butt could pass further than 6 yards in this match he would be having a decent game, liked his tackle anything that moves near the end of the half.

Yeah and to hear Burley saying he's the best player on the pitch grates like fuck

Is it just me or is Damien Duff playing well?  :dowie:

If I had a pound for everytime someone's said that during a match this season. :lol:

He's not nearly as bad as some make out imo.

Yep. I'd say in at least 2/3s of the games he's played in this season we've had similar looking posts in the matchday threads to that one.

We wont break them down.

f*** that s*** man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

Lots of chances?

what you gaining from being negative about it ?

The fact that Martins just missed an absolute sitter is more than enough evidence that we can get chances.

While theyre defending deep, that leaves them open to conceding dodgy rebounds.

I'm gaining nothing. I just don't have false hope.

Guest geordienorway

This is the best I've seen us play in ages tbh. We need Barton or Jonas in midfield though. Once Guthrie was on he gave our team a new dimension. Howay, we can take them! Viduka will score in the 63rd.

Burley full stop grates like fuck, hate the guy...

Yeah and to hear Burley saying he's the best player on the pitch grates like f***

Guest alijmitchell

look about a second away from either delirium or disaster all the time. On a knife edge. Horrendous to watch.

Tim Sherwood's analysis has got me worried. I fear we could lose this to a sneaky Pompey goal if we're not careful...we have to throw everything into this half. Desperation may be our undoing.