Newcastle United 0 - 0 Portsmouth - 27/04/09 - post match reaction from page 22

Nate

How did Oba miss that?

It was a good half. We showed energy and desire. Smith was hustling and Butt was our best player of the half. The Enrique injury is unfortunate because he was probably our best player up until then but since Guthrie came on, we've had more possession (not surprising). Colo and Bassong have dealt with their attackers well and really, all that's missing from our good play is a goal. I'm confident we'll score in the second half.

Smith and Jonas, 2-0 ;) (just kidding)

If Smith and Jonas score, let alone in the same game, we'd only have about an hour to laugh about it before zombies rose out of the earth.

Someone needs to kill Duff after this season so we get the insurance money because he's fucking useless. He's a left-winger that doesn't dribble, cross or shoot. He keeps raising his arms wanting the ball to be passed to him but whenever the camera zooms out, you see their right winger only a few yards away from him. Why are you fucking calling for the ball, you dumb cunt?

We'll score, man, we'll score. I know it.

We were launching too many long balls at first, but once the pace slowed down a bit, we were able to keep it on the deck. There should be more opportunities in the second half.

Viduka has done very well. He's the most likely route to a goal.

We wont break them down.

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not we can keep them scoreless and secure a point.

Fuck that shit man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

I'm not saying sit back and defend the point, we have to keep playing how we're playing, and I don't think we've dominated.

We've dominated possession, but what use is possession when you don't use the ball? We've had about 2 shots.

Someone needs to kill Duff after this season so we get the insurance money because he's fucking useless. He's a left-winger that doesn't dribble, cross or shoot. He keeps raising his arms wanting the ball to be passed to him but whenever the camera zooms out, you see their right winger only a few yards away from him. Why are you fucking calling for the ball, you dumb cunt?

Sorry, but have you even watched Duff this game? Don't get me wrong I don't particularly like him, but he run with the ball, crossed, shot, and worked hard that half.

Guest Albert Square

We wont break them down.

The only thing I'm concerned about is whether or not we can keep them scoreless and secure a point.

Fuck that shit man, its 0-0 and we dominated the 1st half, lets go out and get the 3 points.

Yeah, but we won't.

I'm not saying sit back and defend the point, we have to keep playing how we're playing, and I don't think we've dominated.

We've dominated possession, but what use is possession when you don't use the ball? We've had about 2 shots.

We were creating lots of chances though, compared to Pompey who other than a few set pieces havent looked bothered.

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

We were creating lots of chances though, compared to Pompey who other than a few set pieces havent looked bothered.

They're trying to slow the game right down at every opportunity, and try and catch us out. They'll take a point though.

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

We've had 6 or 7 shots. From the top of my head, Duff's right-footed one, Guthrie had a pop, Viduka had a header, Martins had his chance and I'm sure there's a couple more that I've missed.

We're going to score. We're going to win.

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

duff had a shot, viduka had that one he blocked, martins had a super chance, viduka headed over, smith had a couple of pops from distance. one or two clear cut chances in there and a few other chancers, not too bad tbh.

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

Lots of chances?

Oba with the massive choke, Viduka with a header, Smith with a shot from outside the area?

For the amount of the ball we've had, we haven't created anywhere near enough.

Guest firetotheworks

I dunno if its just me but when players are taking shots Im thinking to myself 'he doesnt believe thats going in'...I think if they believe, it'll happen. Just like flying.

We wont break them down.

Yeah, but we won't.

They're trying to slow the game right down at every opportunity, and try and catch us out. They'll take a point though.

Exactly right.

They've executed their plan perfectly to be honest.

We don't beat them and they're pretty much safe, why do they need to go for the win?

Sorry, but have you even watched Duff this game? Don't get me wrong I don't particularly like him, but he run with the ball, crossed, shot, and worked hard that half.

He always works hard; that I don't doubt. But I'm saying his contribution is very negligible. His crosses are always floated in and it's too easy to defend against. He runs with the ball but not with any determination and his passes are neither incisive nor ambitious; they're almost always to the man behind him or squared to the CM. So he's useful in that he rarely loses possession but we need midfielders with an attacking instinct.