Allardyce

Dave

15 million on Barton, Rozhenal, Smith,  as well as large contracts for Geremi, Cacapa, and Viduka.

Rivals Souness as our worst ever transfer dealer.

But, he brought in Beye?  :frantic:

allardyce :lol:

time vs perception, i love it - as NE5 mentions he was a serious contender for the England job man...now he's recognised for the horrible charlatan he is

his system will never succeed, it'll stave off failure for a time with the right players but it will always fail

can't wait 'til he crashes and burns - the moment he relegates a team the gig will be up for him

Guest Mcdonald36

Average manager, despite his claims to the contrary. He really does think he's in the top bracket.

Christ, imagine the England team if he'd got that gig. Titus Bramble upfront and Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard omitted from the squad for not twatting the ball up the pitch at every possible opportunity.

Christ, imagine the England team if he'd got that gig. Titus Bramble upfront and Rooney, Gerrard and Lampard omitted from the squad for not twatting the ball up the pitch at every possible opportunity.

would have been total and utter madness

Guest Mcdonald36

If there is any poetic justice to be had at the end of this season, then please let it be that Allardyce takes Blackburn down on goal difference to us on the last day of the season.

I'd f'in love that.

Guest neesy111

Milner we wouldn't be in trouble with fat sam

JAMES Milner feels Newcastle would not be in relegation trouble if they had kept Sam Allardyce as manager.

Newcastle are on their fourth manager since Allardyce was sacked 16 months ago. Milner was at St James’ Park at the time but joined Aston Villa for £12million and can do the Toon a big favour by beating their relegation rivals Hull.

“If Sam Allardyce had still been at Newcastle, they wouldn’t be in the position they are now,” said Milner, who also has the task of ending Villa’s run of nine league games without a win.

“The way Allardyce came in at Newcastle, he was planning for the long-term. The staff he brought in, he was looking at a bigger picture.

“The plan might have taken three, four, five years. There’s always going to be question marks about the way you play football but first and foremost Allardyce’s job was to get stability. The organisational ideas he had worked at Bolton so why should he change from that? But he never told us to just hit it. We had the players to play and Allardyce wanted us to do that.”

Newcastle have tried Kevin Keegan, Chris Houghton as a regular caretaker manger, Joe Kinnear and now Alan Shearer, their plight worsening with each change to leave Shearer carrying the can.

“There’s been a lot of managers in a short space of time,” said Milner. “That’s not good. The reason I’ve come to Aston Villa is there is stability with Martin O’Neill in charge and that should mean you’ll see the best of me.”

Milner has friends on the Newcastle playing staff and they are desperate for Villa to extend Hull’s plunge down the table tonight.

He said: “I’m sure Newcastle will be desperate for us to win. If we can finish on a high, then we can look on it with a degree of confidence going into the next season.”

nah mate, we would of got relegated last season with him

Guest firetotheworks

To be fair, when we got those players I think most were satisfied. I know that I was happy we'd got them. Particularly Cacapa and Viduka.

Milner we wouldn't be in trouble with fat sam

JAMES Milner feels Newcastle would not be in relegation trouble if they had kept Sam Allardyce as manager.

Newcastle are on their fourth manager since Allardyce was sacked 16 months ago. Milner was at St James’ Park at the time but joined Aston Villa for £12million and can do the Toon a big favour by beating their relegation rivals Hull.

“If Sam Allardyce had still been at Newcastle, they wouldn’t be in the position they are now,” said Milner, who also has the task of ending Villa’s run of nine league games without a win.

“The way Allardyce came in at Newcastle, he was planning for the long-term. The staff he brought in, he was looking at a bigger picture.

“The plan might have taken three, four, five years. There’s always going to be question marks about the way you play football but first and foremost Allardyce’s job was to get stability. The organisational ideas he had worked at Bolton so why should he change from that? But he never told us to just hit it. We had the players to play and Allardyce wanted us to do that.”

Newcastle have tried Kevin Keegan, Chris Houghton as a regular caretaker manger, Joe Kinnear and now Alan Shearer, their plight worsening with each change to leave Shearer carrying the can.

“There’s been a lot of managers in a short space of time,” said Milner. “That’s not good. The reason I’ve come to Aston Villa is there is stability with Martin O’Neill in charge and that should mean you’ll see the best of me.”

Milner has friends on the Newcastle playing staff and they are desperate for Villa to extend Hull’s plunge down the table tonight.

He said: “I’m sure Newcastle will be desperate for us to win. If we can finish on a high, then we can look on it with a degree of confidence going into the next season.”

nah mate, we would of got relegated last season with him

I agree that we might have avoided relegation trouble (assuming that we survived his first season with us), but we would have sacked him after the end of this season anyway.

Cacapa's career ended the day we played Pompey. Rozenhal looked like he had potential in midfield, but he wasn't interested in playing there.

Cacapa was MOM though on his first game back after Pompey. ;)