Ashley is great because he's restored the clubs financial stability...

Big Geordie

Fuck me.

Old board: backed their managers to the point of bankruptcy

New board: didn't back the managers to the point of relegation

Both shit. The end.

Fuck me.

Both shit. The end.

I agree with that, but I'm afraid the part in bold won't be true for years to come.

Fuck me.

Both shit. The end.

Do you honestly remember the old board as just being shit?  :jesuswept:

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

Do you honestly remember the old board as just being s***?  :jesuswept:

thats exactly the point as one or two remember the old board as being only good.

done well for a while then done and were doing shit at the end seems a fair summing up to me.

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

thats exactly the point as one or two remember the old board as being only good.

done well for a while then done and were doing shit at the end seems a fair summing up to me.

I agree with that completely. That's always been my stance on them. I can appreciate everything they did do, and they have given me the best moments of my life supporting the club. Yet the last few seasons anyone could see we were on a downward spiral due to bad managerial appointments, which then of course led on to the squad problems we were having prior to Ashley taking over. I'm not going to say up until now on that btw as they've had almost two years to address certain issues with regards to the first team squad now.

Although I agree as well, that all completely ignores the financial aspect, from start to finish, which is where the real bones of contention lay.

For whatever reason, be it the state the club was in or his own inability/desire to run a football club with debt, Ashley has been hamstrung by something which has led to him adopting the stance he has taken.

If anyone sits down and thinks about it then I'd be surprised to see anybody not credit the old board for where they managed to take us.

It certainly wasn't all peaches and cream then, either, like - and not JUST towards the end.

Although I agree as well, that all completely ignores the financial aspect, from start to finish, which is where the real bones of contention lay.

For whatever reason, be it the state the club was in or his own inability/desire to run a football club with debt, Ashley has been hamstrung by something which has led to him adopting the stance he has taken.

If anyone sits down and thinks about it then I'd be surprised to see anybody not credit the old board for where they managed to take us.

It certainly wasn't all peaches and cream then, either, like - and not JUST towards the end.

Good post. As per usual.

i don't think anyone at anytime,unlike what one or two have tried to make out,has said that the previous board were all bad all the time but the problem with "towards the end" was that you just couldn't see them turning it round.

unlike what one or two think, peoples dislike of fred was mainly for this reason rather than disliking him personally.

Aye. I don't mind Freddy Shepherd the bloke, to be honest, and I will be frank and say that I did like having Geordies running the club, with a Geordie manager (well sort-of) and some Geordie players.

Not that I have anything against mercenary foreigners (joking!), but it did feel a lot more "grounded" when it was like that and it was a lot easier to feel a part of.

Times like this though, there's better things to be doing than crying over spilled milk and raking over the same ground again and again - especially during a fucking game.

To see this thread thriving between 1.30pm and 3.15pm yesterday was an embarrassment.

Aye. I don't mind Freddy Shepherd the bloke, to be honest, and I will be frank and say that I did like having Geordies running the club, with a Geordie manager (well sort-of) and some Geordie players.

Not that I have anything against mercenary foreigners (joking!), but it did feel a lot more "grounded" when it was like that and it was a lot easier to feel a part of.

Times like this though, there's better things to be doing than crying over spilled milk and raking over the same ground again and again - especially during a f***ing game.

To see this thread thriving between 1.30pm and 3.15pm yesterday was an embarrassment.

to be fair i was watching the match and looking for anything to distract me from it.

Times like this though, there's better things to be doing than crying over spilled milk and raking over the same ground again and again - especially during a f***ing game.

to be fair i was watching the match and looking for anything to distract me from it.

Aye, I was just about to say that folk couldn't really be blamed for looking the other way or seeking some alternative form of entertainment.

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

my entire point - is that people like you who were trigger happy and just wanted rid, wanted rid of what was still a good board.

So you now have what you want. You lost a good board and they were replaced by a shit owner.

It might be a while before we have a good board again. This is all so simple, and has brought such volume of disagreement, its quite staggering.

Guest toonlass

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

my entire point - is that people like you who were trigger happy and just wanted rid, wanted rid of what was still a good board.

So you now have what you want. You lost a good board and they were replaced by a shit owner.

It might be a while before we have a good board again. This is all so simple, and has brought such volume of disagreement, its quite staggering.

Don't respond, Diane, just don't get involved. Walk away slowly. Say nowt.

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

done well for a while then done and were doing s*** at the end seems a fair summing up to me.

So you now have what you want. You lost a good board and they were replaced by a s*** owner.

ask your brother if i just wanted rid,wanted rid. i was very wary of belgravia and polygon. it says everything that we weree willing to take any chump on as we saw where we were headed. think in bastard brag when you hoy in all your cards and pickm up the 3 randoms, or in scrabble when you throw in all your letters. thats the state we were in.

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

Don't respond, Diane , just don't get involved. Walk away slowly. Say nowt.

:kasper:

Guest toonlass

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

What? You didn't think that my mam and dad named me toonlass did you?

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

done well for a while then done and were doing s*** at the end seems a fair summing up to me.

So you now have what you want. You lost a good board and they were replaced by a s*** owner.

:lol:

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

you could equally have been addressing madras

Guest BooBoo

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

Bit random this, but were you on the Legends last week?

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

My dad had a stutter..............

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

Krabappel: You really have no idea how to deal with women, do you?

Tamzarian: .....................Are you asking me out?

f*** me.

Both s***. The end.

damn. i've been rumbled. my secret is out.