Newcastle vs Middlesbrough pre-match thread - 11/05/09 (live on Setanta 8pm)

Dave

Guest Darth Toon

I've watched all 3 games with the NE teams this weekend and we are all absolutely disgracefully dogshit.

Just need to hope we are marginally less inept than the smogs for this one, but I've no cause for optimism.

Owen will be back & itd be insane to leave him out again tbh.

Aslong as viduka stays fit we'll do alright. Gotta play guthrie in midfield.

Completely agree with this. Even with his lack of goals lately he's still one our most likely to score, and today proved imo that dropping him made f*ck all difference to how we played.

Owen will be back & itd be insane to leave him out again tbh.

Aslong as viduka stays fit we'll do alright. Gotta play guthrie in midfield.

Completely agree with this. Even with his lack of goals lately he's still one our most likely to score, and today proved imo that dropping him made f*ck all difference to how we played.

Me too, I fancy Owen to bag 2 goals in this one.

You heard it here first.

Harper

Beye Coloccini Bassong Duff

Butt

Guthrie Jonas

Owen

Duke Martins

Be tempted to drop Coloccini for R.Taylor if we weren't playing against Downing.

The guys on Setanta were rightly concerned at the way we defended set pieces and alluded to the fact that Harper doesn't command his 6 yard box. 'boro will practice set pieces all week long & will come to win. This may assist us in getting behind them but I really fear that 'boro will score. This will not be easy; 'boro are a stronger team physically to us and we will have to match that and then create chances. What I'd give for an early goal.

The guys on Setanta were rightly concerned at the way we defended set pieces and alluded to the fact that Harper doesn't command his 6 yard box. 'boro will practice set pieces all week long & will come to win. This may assist us in getting behind them but I really fear that 'boro will score. This will not be easy; 'boro are a stronger team physically to us and we will have to match that and then create chances. What I'd give for an early goal.

True but to be fair, the guys on Setanta spent 90 minutes putting the boot in to us. They only said we'd had a decent opening after Liverpool scored. Bring back the "No Commentary, just stadium noise" option Sky/Setanta.

True but to be fair, the guys on Setanta spent 90 minutes putting the boot in to us. They only said we'd had a decent opening after Liverpool scored. Bring back the "No Commentary, just stadium noise" option Sky/Setanta.

The commentators, presenters, pundits, match officials, referee. There was actually noone rooting for us today :lol:

I think we should play 4-3-3. We should be wary of Boro's pace on the break- Tuncay, Downing, Allidiare, Alves- but at the same time try and get at their weak as piss defence.

This is it, boys. Lets go all out for it and win this fucking game!

-------------Harper------

---Beye--Colo--Bassong--Duff--

-------Guthrie--Butt--Jonas---

-----Martin---Viduka---Owen---

The commentators, presenters, pundits, match officials, referee. There was actually noone rooting for us today :lol:

Shite hawks the lot of them.

I liked it how the linesman was smiling when Viduka was complaining to the ref at the end of the first half about the offside decisions he was getting wrong.

We're going to upset a lot of people if we stay up.