Mancs to play complete reserve team against Hull?

Guest north shields lad

Guest Heneage

Im hoping he just puts out the Carling Cup team with Berbatov and Tevez. Its bullshit how clubs do this these days.

stop crying i say, over the season there are times you play teams with injuries and suspensions that are unlucky for them

we've had our games this season and pretty much blown them all

if hull face a shite man u team then so be it

This was my worry, a Hull team with everyting to play for facing a Man U team just having a run out at the end of the season with the Champions League on their minds.  People having been writing off Hulls last game but we cannot run out at Villa Park thinking it's all over if Hull are less than 3 points beind us

From there point of view why would they risk any player they feel will play a part of the Champions League final. Unless something is said to them by the league then I can see a massively weakened team. I don't think they would even risk  most of the players who won't be stating in the the final if they can get away with it. Certainly not the likes of Anderson, Nani or Tevez. The biggest names on their teamsheet will be Foster, O'Shea and Fletcher imo. Possibly Neville and Fabio. The rest will be made up with the likes of Gibson, Welbeck, Macheda and a few debuts imo.

I imagine if it actually comes down to it at least an element of Man U fan will be chanting about Shearer and gloating about us going down, even if it means them losing a match...

It's amazing how they still harbour this grudge against us and shearer, we are a non entity to them now, we are in no shape or form any sort of a challenge, we are not a local rival to them but their fans still seem to act as if we are. When they were playing boro recently, they sung for long periods of the game, that song, that they copied from us who twisted it from the mackems original version. They've also got other fans singing it now. Unbeliveable, why do they care ??

I imagine if it actually comes down to it at least an element of Man U fan will be chanting about Shearer and gloating about us going down, even if it means them losing a match...

It's amazing how they still harbour this grudge against us and shearer, we are a non entity to them now, we are in no shape or form any sort of a challenge, we are not a local rival to them but their fans still seem to act as if we are. When they we playing boro recently, they sung for long periods of the game, that song, that they copied from us who twisted it from the mackems original version. They've also got other fans singing it now. Unbeliveable, why do they care ??

i'll take that on

they care because it's something they can't and never will understand, no-one (as far as i'm aware) has ever made a move/gesture the likes of shearer did for newcastle and stuck with it for them

to them trophies are everything, to us it's the club - the way i see it they simply can't comprehend a man would turn THEM down for what shearer let himself in for for a decade

we can, however, and that's why we love him

It's amazing how they still harbour this grudge against us and shearer, we are a non entity to them now, we are in no shape or form any sort of a challenge, we are not a local rival to them but their fans still seem to act as if we are. When they were playing boro recently, they sung for long periods of the game, that song, that they copied from us who twisted it from the mackems original version. They've also got other fans singing it now. Unbeliveable, why do they care ??

Old rivalrys die hard I suppose, we were massive rivals for a time after all.

Oh and what mrmojorisin75 said as well, a lot of Manure "fans" really don't understand loyalty.

Guest nufc_geordie

We only have ourselves to blame if we end up in this situation anyway. I wouldn't have a bad word to say about Man Utd if they do indeed have the league wrapped up and Fergie plays a reserve squad. That is why we have squads in football, the bigger game is the champions league final and they have nothing to play for in the league- make good sense.

Its not fuck all to do with it is it :lol:  If we'd never been a rival they wouldn't care now either.  Getting Shearer was just part of that rivalry.

we rivaled them for a season, maybe two

you think that's why they're still singing the shearer song?  seriously?

we were as much a rival to them as blackburn were

We had a very big rivalry for two seasons in a row and have been in their challenging them on a few other occasions if not quite so strongly as those first two years.  Do they sing Shearer songs purely because of that?, erm no I didn't say they did.  I said they seem to still care about us because of our rivalry in that time which included challenging them for the title, beating them 5:0 and getting Shearer ahead of them.

We've been much more of a rival to Manure then Blackburn..  Of course I'd gladley trade places as far as being less of a rival to the likes of Manure overall and actually winning it like them :lol:

We had a very big rivalry for two seasons in a row and have been in their challenging them on a few other occasions if not quite so strongly as those first two years.  Do they sing Shearer songs purely because of that?, erm no I didn't say they did.  I said they seem to still care about us because of our rivalry in that time which included challenging them for the title, beating them 5:0 and getting Shearer ahead of them.

ah, you see i don't think they care about us, that's the difference

they're in a position to rub our noses in it indefinately and are doing so, i don't think rivalry has anything to do with it

winding shearer up doesn't mean they care - if he'd taken titles off them i'd agree but this is a different kind of song

You just said they care in your earlier post.  Obviously they do or they wouldn't bother.

i don't know how to put this so you'll understand; they're still singing the shearer song because he chose to be mates with the wrong crowd at school who were popular for 5 minutes but faded away into obscurity while they bullied everyone including him

they still see him in the street and as they can't flush his head down the bogs anymore they choose to wind him up about his decision

that's about it, care doesn't come into it imo

It's not just about Shearer though, when KK was here for his second stint they were singing that song then about keagan. So there's more to it than just Shearer turning them down. I hate Manure, almost as much as the Mackems. They are a horribly arrogant club, with arrogant players, arrogant fans, an arrogant manager and bobby fucking charlton. And why can't they show some originality in their songs, the Manchester races, Glory Glory Man United and of course Cheer up Alan Shearer/Kevin Keegan, all ripped off. Oh I hate them, the media and even other fans just refferring to them as United. They are not even a  "united" they just picked the name becasue it sounded cool. Fucking hate them, did I mention that ? :)

Guest Heneage

I'd like to think that an understrength reserve side such as the following could beat hull.

Foster

Neville

Evans

Oshea

Rafael

Park

Anderson

Fletcher

Fabio

Tevez

Macheda.

If you play like you did on Monday then all this talk may well be irrelevant.

how ?

monday was against a very poor team with lots of injuries who had their chances and at the time we got our 2nd were starting to control the game.