Brede Hangeland

Tooj

Appeared good when he could use his strength against the likes of Martins, but when Carroll came on seemed to be a bit lost and wary at times of someone who is of similar physical stature as to he is.

That is all.

He's about five times better than any defender we have.

You'd think we'd have a decent scouting network in Scandinavia to pick up these guys :(

CM 00/01. Zlatan was immense.

You'd think we'd have a decent scouting network in Scandinavia to pick up these guys :(

tbf we keep getting linked with top talent in Scandinavia most of the time, we even have one of the biggest Scandinavian talents begging to come to us, and we do nowt :lol:

tbf we keep getting linked with top talent in Scandinavia most of the time, we even have one of the biggest Scandinavian talents begging to come to us, and we do nowt :lol:

Generally Scandanavian players are shite is why. (cue large quantities of abuse)

Generally Scandanavian players are shite is why. (cue large quantities of abuse)

Well, most are. Most are not League One quality even. There's some talents though, and we always miss out on them, like Hangeland for instance.

we stay up and he'd love the move.

Normally I'd think so, but I think Allardyce losing his job so fast really made us less attractive.  He could do well at Fulham for years.  He could do better here, but there is too great a risk he'll be back jobless.

Why is everyone talking about Hodgson? I'm sorry but I want to give Wor Al at least a couple of seasons to try and turn us around before we start thinking about switching managers AGAIN.

Fucking right.

Guest Heneage

Why is everyone talking about Hodgson? I'm sorry but I want to give Wor Al at least a couple of seasons to try and turn us around before we start thinking about switching managers AGAIN.

Assuming he wants it.

Guest Brewcastle

Why evrerybody talking about Hodgson? - I'm not sure, but Hodg's did his work as usual at SJP. Not entertaining, but pointsaving. I hate Fulham because they're a boring difficult side. I'd hope Shearer could get an easier task at last homematch..... Villa are a "happier" team. So one of the sides get 3 points. -No draw............ Howay The Lads!

Why evrerybody talking about Hodgson? - I'm not sure, but Hodg's did his work as usual at SJP. Not entertaining, but pointsaving. I hate Fulham because they're a boring difficult side. I'd hope Shearer could get an easier task at last homematch..... Villa are a "happier" team. So one of the sides get 3 points. -No draw............ Howay The Lads!

I'd be happy if we could play anything like Fulham tbh. They aren't long ball merchants like Bolton/Stoke/us, but they do everything so very, very efficiently, and give you the impression that they could pass between themselves with their eyes closed, ala Greece 2004.

Guest johnnyboy

Strong case now more than ever for why Hodgson should be our gaffer.

My God, you lot really are utterly deluded. Why, in God's name, would any half sane person want to manage your club? It's a basket case. Besides, haven't you heard? We're all going on a European Tour. COYW

Guest Heneage

My God, you lot really are utterly deluded. Why, in God's name, would any half sane person want to manage your club? It's a basket case. Besides, haven't you heard? We're all going on a European Tour. COYW

Did I say he would want to manage us? Don't think I did. But if there was a manager that is semi realistic if we stayed up and got some stability it would be him.

Take Howard Webb and his colleagues with you as they've given you your points against us this year..well 5 of them anyhow.

Guest Heneage

Take Howard Webb and his colleagues with you as they've given you your points against us this year..well 5 of them anyhow.

Samuel might as well have had Goalie gloves on at the Reebok. Don't even know why he's bothered about Europe they went out with little fight against Sporting last time.