I'll Sue!

LiquidAK

Was talking to my dad earlier and he said that during the 1920s, Newcastle played Aston Villa on the final day of the season just a week before both clubs were due to play each other in the FA Cup Final, and both sides fielded reserve sides against each other.

Both sides were fined by the FA. Not sure if it's true or not but just what he was going on about before.

I'm sure West Ham and Liverpool did the same thing before the 3-3 cup final in a league game, they both had like 3rd choice keepers and stuff. Never heard of any fines there like.

Press inspired shit stirring of the highest calibre.

Thankfully none of the clubs involved have said they will have anything to do with it.

Its out of our hands.

We have to hope Fergusons integrity will make him play a strong enough side.

I believe this sort of goading would only adversely affect his intentions.

Guest Roger Kint

I love that people actually beleive the Rooney's and Vidic's of this world know how to go through the motions and pull out of tackles.The same Wayne Rooney who got hauled for England very early in a friendly for over-exuberance ;D

to be fair, based on our performance this season Man u's reserve/kids squad could probably make our starting 11 look as bad as liverpool did when they destroyed us earlier in the season

Probably should have created a new thread given the very tenuous link to this one, buuuut:

Can anyone think of a sport other than football where cheating not only goes unpunished, but is pretty much accepted and tolerated as part of the modern game?

I'm not talking about fielding weakened teams obviously, but given the ridiculous amount of diving going on - there is no honour to be found in any dressing room, in any club (including Newcastle - e.g Duff, Owen ) - how is it that blatant dives aren't retrospectively punished?

It's insane. Is there really any need to wait until three swandives in the World Cup final give England a victory over Switzerland in front of a horrified Sepp Blatter before serious measures are taken to stamp it out?

Along with the shambolic[/almost purposefully cruel] running of NUFC, it's making football a very unattractive prospect of late.

I'm not sure if I'm being tongue-in-cheek here, but would one-year bans on crystal clear dives stop all offenders from even trying? Just take out Tim Cahill and C.Ronaldo and diving would begin to die worldwide. That's the dream anyway. I just refuse to believe it's something irremediable that can't be stamped out of the game.

The important thing here really is to keep the focus on both Manure and Chelsea (whom everyone seems to be forgetting about), by doing so it creates a sense inside these teams that the world will be watching them, and they need to attempt to win the game, because surely a Manure team should be expected to beat a Hull City team 99 times out of 100 and a Chelsea team should be able to beat a Mackem team 99 out of 100.

Articles like this are great for keeping the focus on them. Little suggestions to the press that these teams may take it easy considering their important games coming up, is what we need to be doing right now. That's exactly what Ferguson did with Notts forest, when KK had his tantrum. It worked for the red nosed c***, f***ing Ian Woan the w*****.

Ferguson as now actually said he would not play his strongest team, the cunt. :angry:

you really didn't believe him, did ya? He spouts crap in the media all the time....or shall I say TO the media.

Ferguson as now actually said he would not play his strongest team, the cunt. :angry:

you really didn't believe him, did ya? He spouts crap in the media all the time....or shall I say TO the media.

Of course not, the point is that the rule says that all teams will have to field their strongest team, and he says he won't play his strongest team, and even adds an "of course" to it. It's just annoying how just because it's Fergie Man Utd, nobody cares.

Ferguson as now actually said he would not play his strongest team, the c***. :angry:

Of course not, the point is that the rule says that all teams will have to field their strongest team, and he says he won't play his strongest team, and even adds an "of course" to it. It's just annoying how just because it's Fergie Man Utd, nobody cares.

it's not that nobody cares........it's that nobody dare care.