Forster set for Toon deal

BeloEmre

That news has me worried,  i've already heard rumours that Feyenoord are planning to come back in for Krul this summer,  I would be devastated if in the space of 6 months NUFC lose Given and Krul and are left with Harper and Forster.

For all Forster may have improved in the last 18 months and is a very good shot stopper he's not anywhere near Krul's class.  Think Shearer quickly worked that one out as well as he quickly had Krul as the sub keeper once he arrived whereas Krul & forster were taking turns beforehand.

Haven't seen him play that much but it seems there is a lot of people who talks well about the guy.

Anyone have an opinion about who's best between him and Krul?

Watched them both.

Krul, although Forster looks good too.

Don't see Harper lasting all that long in No. 1 with these two behind him.

Keep all three, for sure.  When Harper leaves, let Forster and Krul battle it out, with Soderberg as 3rd keeper.

Krul should be started in a few games next season, Harper isn't good enough to command the no 1 jersey without challenge. Let them fight for it.

I agree. At the least, Krul should be starting and playing the majority of the game in most of the friendlies this summer. Annoys me how Harper (and Given, before he left ofc) always got the lions share of games and then Krul/Forster got 10 minutes if they were lucky.

in my opinion Krul is already better than Harper.  Ideally if you put the 3 keepers strengths together it would work out as...

Build -  Forster

Experience - Harper

Shot stopping  -  Krul

Kicking -  Krul

Handling - Krul

Agilty - Krul

Awareness - Krul

Guest koye

On what basis is everyone assuming Harper will leave or not be nr. 1?

Krul will be away this summer, the signing up of Forster basically confirms it.

Why? Every club needs more than two goalkeepers.

Guest Heneage

On what basis is everyone assuming Harper will leave or not be nr. 1?

Krul will be away this summer, the signing up of Forster basically confirms it.

Are you sure? Most clubs operate with 3 goalkeepers.

Krul has made noises about leaving to play first team football long before now. Harper is the number one, and Forster has been given a long-term contract. He was on the verge of leaving last summer, so I don't see why he'll want to stay now.

Nah, Krul will stay till December.  Even if Krul is better than Harper we will not put him into our crucial relegation battles.  Things will be different next season --- no matter where we are.

If he really can't get a few games before December he will leave, but before that he will stay I reckon.

Guest Stephen927

Depends how the manager next season (hopefully Shearaah) sees it. He might decide Krul will be number one, the new deal for Forster might just be a case of tying down a good young player to a long term contract, doesn't necessarily mean he's above Krul.

I hope Krul stays and shows a bit more patience if he does find himself below Harper in the pecking order again. I admire that he wants to play football, it might just be that it's in his best interests to secure some kind of loan deal to Feyenoord or a similar stature club, not an SPL team or a League One side.

Krul has made noises about leaving to play first team football long before now. Harper is the number one, and Forster has been given a long-term contract. He was on the verge of leaving last summer, so I don't see why he'll want to stay now.

From what I gather, Krul will fight Harper if we stay up, but if we go down, its him or Harper.

Guest Heneage

Well Shearer strikes me as the type of man that would happily give Krul a chance to cement the No1 jersey.

Krul said he would leave if both Given and Harper stay.

Krul has been on the bench consistently after weeks of tossing between Krul and Forster, so I imagine they've decided Krul is number 2.

Leaving because he's number two keeper is nonsense, since he's unproven and won't walk into a number 1 jersey in another club in the PL or CH.

Krul said he would leave if both Given and Harper stay.

Krul has been on the bench consistently after weeks of tossing between Krul and Forster, so I imagine they've decided Krul is number 2.

Leaving because he's number two keeper is nonsense, since he's unproven and won't walk into a number 1 jersey in another club in the PL or CH.

But he might do to a big club in Holland. Can't see Feyenoord ever being as bad as they have this year again.

Given is out of the way and Harper isn't untouchable in the same way. If it's true that Krul has been chosen as the official no 2 by Shearer, as opposed to alternating with Forster, that is a clear sign that the first team jersey is that much nearer.