Scott Parker

Guest Toon Sarnie

Why 8m? Man Utd will pay double that.

Not that I want Parker to go.

no way will man utd be so dumb to fork out 16 million for scott parker. 10 million tops and even thats pushing it.

They paid £18m or whatever it was for Carrick and £30m for Veron!

The state of the transfer market was very different when they paid £30m for Veron, plus Veron looked a top class player in a strong league so it's a bit different.

Let's hope we can rip someone off for Parker, just like we ripped off Spurs over Jenas and Real Madrid over the crocked Woodgate. Well done, Fred.

Assuming you would "prioritise" by buying striker(s) and defenders with the Parker cash, who would your centre midfield be once we've sold him? Nicky f***in Butt? Emre? Charles "head down" N'Zogbia?

Complete calmness is what he showed, I really thought he was going to miss it, he looked so calm it was like he did'nt care.

(not saying he didnt care mind!) It just looked that way.

Fantatic little chip though, well done to him.  :thup:

I think we would be in a worse position this season without him. Isn't he near our top scorer list now, not as if that is difficult at the moment.

What I do think may help is when the time is right to appoint another capatin, that would be awkward as it wood dent Parkers confidence but I think he has enough to worry about at the moment to drive us on. Maybe if we take some of the responsibility of his shoulders it could help, however, outside him and Given I wouldn't want to give it to anyone else. Moore at a push but thats not ideal.

I'm sorry

Nov 8 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Scott Parker left Vicarage Road with his head held high and his reputation restored after leading Newcastle United into the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Watford.

Not only did the inspirational skipper grab a late injury time equaliser, but he also made his peace with the United travelling supporters and appears to have been forgiven by the Toon Army after apologising to them for his outburst in the dismal defeat by Sheffield United at St James's Park.

On Saturday, the England international was involved in a shouting match with a section of home fans after he appeared to pull out of a tackle, and then sarcastically applauded supporters.

But such were his efforts last night - and indeed all season - that long before his late extra-time equaliser, the magnificent travelling Toon Army were chanting their skipper's name.

Both were rewarded when Parker became the first United skipper to lead the club to victory in a penalty shoot- out.

Midnight was fast approaching as a clearly delighted Parker told me at an otherwise deserted Vicarage Road: "I know I should not have done what I did at St James's Park on Saturday and I can only say sorry and apologise to our supporters.

"It was all heat-of-the-moment stuff when the passion and the pressure both boiled over.

"All I can say in my defence is that all the players want to win for these magnificent fans we have got here at Newcastle United.

"We know we were nowhere near what we should have been against Sheffield United on Saturday and that we did not apply ourselves.

"We have come in for a lot of criticism since Saturday but we have stuck together and we have got our reward tonight and now we are really looking forward to take things on from here.

"This was a very important victory for us to get into the last eight of the Carling Cup on a long night when not a lot of football was played.

"Watford made it very difficult for us by putting the ball in the air for a lot of the time.

"But when we did get it down and play a bit, we seemed to cut them open.

"We should have been a couple of goals up at half-time, but it wasn't to be and this put a lot of pressure on us throughout the second half.

"Even so, we could still have won it in normal time when Damien Duff hit the post and when they scored late on we showed great resilience to come back

into it when Nobby Solano sent me in for our equaliser.

"He saw me make my run and I left it late and there were a couple of things going through my mind.

"I was going to shoot early on but it bobbled a bit and all I had to do was dink it over the top of the keeper.

"Obviously, we are all delighted to have won and I must say that if we hadn't, we would have been devastated."

I'm sorry

Nov 8 2006

By Alan Oliver, The Evening Chronicle

Scott Parker left Vicarage Road with his head held high and his reputation restored after leading Newcastle United into the quarter-finals of the Carling Cup with a dramatic penalty shoot-out win over Watford.

Not only did the inspirational skipper grab a late injury time equaliser, but he also made his peace with the United travelling supporters and appears to have been forgiven by the Toon Army after apologising to them for his outburst in the dismal defeat by Sheffield United at St James's Park.

On Saturday, the England international was involved in a shouting match with a section of home fans after he appeared to pull out of a tackle, and then sarcastically applauded supporters.

But such were his efforts last night - and indeed all season - that long before his late extra-time equaliser, the magnificent travelling Toon Army were chanting their skipper's name.

Both were rewarded when Parker became the first United skipper to lead the club to victory in a penalty shoot- out.

Midnight was fast approaching as a clearly delighted Parker told me at an otherwise deserted Vicarage Road: "I know I should not have done what I did at St James's Park on Saturday and I can only say sorry and apologise to our supporters.

"It was all heat-of-the-moment stuff when the passion and the pressure both boiled over.

"All I can say in my defence is that all the players want to win for these magnificent fans we have got here at Newcastle United.

"We know we were nowhere near what we should have been against Sheffield United on Saturday and that we did not apply ourselves.

"We have come in for a lot of criticism since Saturday but we have stuck together and we have got our reward tonight and now we are really looking forward to take things on from here.

"This was a very important victory for us to get into the last eight of the Carling Cup on a long night when not a lot of football was played.

"Watford made it very difficult for us by putting the ball in the air for a lot of the time.

"But when we did get it down and play a bit, we seemed to cut them open.

"We should have been a couple of goals up at half-time, but it wasn't to be and this put a lot of pressure on us throughout the second half.

"Even so, we could still have won it in normal time when Damien Duff hit the post and when they scored late on we showed great resilience to come back

into it when Nobby Solano sent me in for our equaliser.

"He saw me make my run and I left it late and there were a couple of things going through my mind.

"I was going to shoot early on but it bobbled a bit and all I had to do was dink it over the top of the keeper.

"Obviously, we are all delighted to have won and I must say that if we hadn't, we would have been devastated."

:thup: :thup:

Was all we wanted  bluebiggrin.gif

Goodo n him and clever from Roeder lastnight after the amtch to send the team to celebrate with the fans.

Guest Groundhog

All about Nobby's pass, but still had a lot to do. Dinked it over the 'keeper like a centre forward.

your knowledge of football astounds me.....NOT

Not only did he dink it over the keeper like centre forward, he ran into the space THUS giving Nobby

something to pass to & that after 116 of midfield play, 2nd game in 4 days, carrying an injury blah, blah.

Credit where credit's due.  :cool:

I'd say Parker seemed to lose his way after some belting performances after being in the England squad.

The same happens time and time again.

Remember Michael Owen's whining to Sven about wanting to go to Liverpool after the Argie game ?

When he decided, after walking off the field uninjured, that he was "injured" and was off for months ?

We always have problems with newcastle players when they come back from playing for England.

Guess who's the exceptions ?

King Al and Bobby Lee.

I've just remembered that Parker didn't take a penalty. I'm a bit disappointed that the club skipper bottled it.

Yeah I thought he would have taken one, but no matter though really, no rule says a Captain has to take a pen.

Solano

Milner

Emre

Duff

Carr (I shat myself when i heard that)

N'Zogbia

Anyone think it might have been down to Roeder? I might be totally off the mark here but he will have known the stick Parker and Carr have took over the last couple of days. Maybe he's told Parker to stand back as he's just done his bit for the night by scoring and if Parker had stepped up and missed he would have got some shit for that. Carr was in the shit as well so maybe he's said to Carr "you take the 5th penalty and go and send us through to the next round", which would have done both Parker and Carr some good. Obviously Carr's didn't turn out to be our last penalty we took but you know what i mean. As i said i could be talking out of my arse here, but just a theory anyway.

I've just remembered that Parker didn't take a penalty. I'm a bit disappointed that the club skipper bottled it.

some. people. are. never. happy.  :(

by the way smog, i was row h seat 61 where were you standing?

Guest smoggeordie

some. people. are. never. happy.  :(

by the way smog, i was row h seat 61 where were you standing?

I was Row P seat 80

Guest Invicta_Toon

the official slag Parker group from the other night btw:

DonCheesecake

Howaythelads

LocalHero

billytray

assyriantoon

thepigofbishop

wondermike

thescoreboard

The College Dropout