Responsibility

Guest neesy111

Guest neesy111

When the fuck is someone is the club going to take some responsability for the mess we are in?

I hope one player starts pointing fingers at others i.e. owen, martins, colocini, jonas etc

It'd be nice to see any of the fuckwits running this club come out and accept that mistakes have been made and that this fucking mess will be fixed.

I'll not hold my breath.

When the f*** is someone is the club going to take some responsability for the mess we are in?

I hope one player starts pointing fingers at others i.e. owen, martins, colocini, jonas etc

Totally agree. The amount of chances, and good ones Martins & Owen in particular, we're talking probably £180k a week in wages and £27m transfer fees between them, have missed between them in the last 8-10 games has been ridiculous.

When the f*** is someone is the club going to take some responsability for the mess we are in?

Totally agree. The amount of chances, and good ones Martins & Owen in particular, we're talking probably £180k a week in wages and £27m transfer fees between them, have missed between them in the last 8-10 games has been ridiculous.

Hopefully ronadlo will take note. Let us down with his finishing again today.

And don't get me started about that Owen "touch" towards the end.

For all the debating the last season or so, who's better, etc. the fact is they're as bad as each other and have individual faults.

For all the debating the last season or so, who's better, etc. the fact is they're as bad as each other and have individual faults.

Completely agree. They both should be ashamed of themselves that their names is associated with NUFC's relegation. (The same goes for everyone, ofcourse)

Keegan has done nothing wrong. He walked for the right reasons, and was completely justified in doing so. It only put us in the shitter because of the utter stupidity of the board in their reaction to the mess they created.

And I wonder if Keegan's on a golf course smiling away to himself that he was proven correct. F*cking c*nt.

? Why are you blaming KK for Ashley's doing? KK will be hurting cos he cares but as we all know he wont be s*** on. Ashley will also be hurting but that comes out of hurt self pride and money; nowt to do with the club and the fans.

Guest Phil K

Yes that stinking b*st*rd Ashley and his incompetent vermin have the ultimate responsibility - Shepherd brought us down to earth and relegation worries due to HIS incompetence and stupidity in choosing managers.

BUT I can honestly say I have never - NEVER - seen so many worthless gutless self-pitying overpaid underperforming b*******s parading in our beloved colours - there were the pack of kids and bargain basements that Osi Ardiles was lumbered with and Keegan used to keep us out of Div 3. But they were what they were and they battled

This lot whine and feel sorry for themselves.

But NEVER put the kind of effort and guts in that is needed.

We need to get rid of Duff bier, Butt cheeks and the rest and bring on the kids.

And Keegan is NOT innocent.

His drama queen antics are what started the whole sorry mess.

And I wonder if Keegan's on a golf course smiling away to himself that he was proven correct. F*cking c*nt.

? Why are you blaming KK for Ashley's doing? KK will be hurting cos he cares but as we all know he wont be s*** on. Ashley will also be hurting but that comes out of hurt self pride and money; nowt to do with the club and the fans.

Cares? Fuck that. If he cares, let's see him drop the fucking court case. Fingers crossed.

Guest yoshi

He might feel he's proven his point, but I don't think he enjoys that at all. He might have issues with Ashley, but we know where his heart lies. Anyway, he left in September last year, so we had plenty of time to clean up the mess here.

Ashley just didn't.

It'd be nice to see any of the fuckwits running this club come out and accept that mistakes have been made and that this fucking mess will be fixed.

I'll not hold my breath.

It's not just like it was this season though. This is a culmination of a whole series of mistakes dating back seasons. It would be extremely difficult if not impossible to pinpoint one turning point where the decay set in but I found myself wondering if it might be the decision to float the club April 1977 - which led to a whole series of upheavals that I'm not sure we ever recovered from.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/directors-arent-united-at-newcastle-752721.html

and

THE JOURNAL, 02 June 1998

DIARY of events since Newcastle United's flotation. April 1997 - Newcastle United becomes a public limited company with Sir Terence Harrison as chairman of the parent company. Shares open at 135p. Joint chief executive Mark Corbidge describes it as "the Rolls-Royce of the football sector". May 1997 - Newcastle United qualify for the Champions League after finishing runners-up in the Premiership. July 1997 - Corbidge quits, eight months after he was appointed to help the club through its flotation. He gets a £400,000 pay-off as The Journal reports that there are fears in the City over the continued influence of Sir John Hall. July 1997 - Star striker Alan Shearer badly injured in a pre-season friendly, as Newcastle United is in the process of selling co-striker Les Ferdinand to Tottenham Hotspur for £6m. Shearer is out for six months. September 1997 - Sir John Hall, under pressure from Lady Mae, steps down as football club chairman. He is replaced by Freddie Shepherd. United beat Barcelona 3-2 in the Champions League. March 15, 1998 - "Toongate". Outraged fans cause for the resignation of Douglas Hall and Freddie Shepherd after sordid revelations appear in the News of the World . March 18 - United lose at home to bottom-of-the-league Crystal Palace. Crowd demonstration calls for Hall and Shepherd to quit. March 20 - Hall and Shepherd finally agree to step down but Sir John Hall is locked in a power struggle with the plc board. He eventually returns as football club chairman. April 5 - Newcastle win FA Cup semi-final. Manager Kenny Dalglish dedicates victory to Hall and Shepherd. May 1 - Finance director Jo Dixon resigns "amicably". John Fender and Tom Fenton join the plc board as nominees of Cameron Hall and Shepherd Offshore respectively. May 16 - Newcastle lose 2-0 to Arsenal in the FA Cup final at Wembley, ending a disappointing season which saw them flirt with relegation and play some boring football. May 27 - Sir Terence Harrison and John Mayo resign as chairman and non-executive director of the plc board. Shares in the club have plummeted from 135p on flotation to 85p. June 1 - Sir John Hall resigns as soccer club chairman.

All that apart, the infrastructure had been built, such as state of the art training facilities they kept bragging about, but it seems there was always at least one area suffering from serious neglect, wether that was the lack of a reserve team or something else. There was never a consistent business plan, it chopped and changed as frequently as the people who were making the decisions and the managers who came and went. Most importantly there was never the right man appointed as manager and given sufficient control/length of tenure, though SBR came damn close and if an attempt at appropriate succesion had been made all this may have been academical.

Freddy (he always backed his managers you know) Shepherd, mocking the fans whilst whoring it up in a spanish brothel, should never have been let back into the club, but even at our peak under SBR and his good team it was still papering over a creaking skeleton waiting to fall apart due to the aforementioned neglect and lack of consistency in a business plan. Shepherd kept getting the wrong man and I wonder if it was because he actually felt it wasn't that important - after all it was HE who really ran the club and the manager could be anyone under HIS guidance. That and the player selection policies of Douglas Hall and himself should easily run the ship and keep the mong fans happy.

Keegan has done nothing wrong. He walked for the right reasons, and was completely justified in doing so. It only put us in the shitter because of the utter stupidity of the board in their reaction to the mess they created.

Bullshit!!!. There lots of Managers who don't always get their own way and don't go spitting their dummy out he could have tried to work with it and just maybe he would have eventually got what he wanted.

Guest Gemmill

Bullshit!!!. There lots of Managers who don't always get their own way and don't go spitting their dummy out he could have tried to work with it and just maybe he would have eventually got what he wanted.

Nobody is interested in your opinion, Australian boy.  Keep it to yourself.

Nice to hear from you Gemmill, still the same I see.

Guest Gemmill

Yep, still not suffering fools, Garth.

Yep, still not suffering fools, Garth.

:lol: