Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

I still find the "there's 7 goals we need replacing" comment bizarre mind.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

It was in direct response to a couple of people implying he makes so little contribution we can afford to fuck him off without considering replacing him.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

His goals to games ratio would say otherwise.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Fair enough over their whole careers Ameobi's record is much worse, but these days they're of pretty similar quality.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He is crap, did well for us in The Championship BUT was awful last year

Sammy should be ahead of him in the pecking order so it makes sense to try to sell him

He did well considering just how much of a poor footballer he is. Would be great to get rid though, would gladly stick with younger players with potential like Sameobi, Vuckic.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Only gets 1 in 5 or so over his career though.

Regardless either of these two planks playing any predominant role in our season is fucking comical.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Regardless either of these two planks playing any predominant role in our season is fucking comical.

It's not about them playing a PREDOMINANT role, it's about them filling in when we're up against inferior teams that we should be able to beat, even when resting one or two of our most valuable players.

Our whole strikeforce, bar Demba is Championship strikers. You could say Best is a decent striker, at least he's better than Lovenkrands and Ameobi, and has some continuity. Ask yourselves this question; In which other Premier League club would Ameobi and Lovenkrands get a game?

You should struggle to find more than 5. I find it worrying that this club, which is associated with such quality strikers from the past, now seem to settle for very average strikers, if that. I started supporting this club because of Alan Shearer, and seeing so many people defending the likes of Ameobi/Lovenkrands is just wrong. This club needs competitive genuine quality strike force, and shouldn't keep handing out contract extensions and hold on to nobodies. It sends out all the wrong signs.

Regardless either of these two planks playing any predominant role in our season is f***ing comical.

It's not about them playing a PREDOMINANT role, it's about them filling in when we're up against inferior teams that we should be able to beat, even when resting one or two of our most valuable players.

Against the inferior teams, they know they are going to be fighting for survival come the end of the season, and will be up for it, the last thing you want to do is play with Lovenkrands, you are effectively a man down.  Even in the Championship, every away game, this was the case. 

Our whole strikeforce, bar Demba is Championship strikers. You could say Best is a decent striker, at least he's better than Lovenkrands and Ameobi, and has some continuity. Ask yourselves this question; In which other Premier League club would Ameobi and Lovenkrands get a game?

You should struggle to find more than 5. I find it worrying that this club, which is associated with such quality strikers from the past, now seem to settle for very average strikers, if that. I started supporting this club because of Alan Shearer, and seeing so many people defending the likes of Ameobi/Lovenkrands is just wrong. This club needs competitive genuine quality strike force, and shouldn't keep handing out contract extensions and hold on to nobodies. It sends out all the wrong signs.

I agree.  Though think you might be rating some other Premier League teams too highly.  I think players of Loven/Shola's quality get games for plenty of Premier League sides.

Play Ranger, play Best, play Vuckic - don't play this waste of space. He's fucking terrible man, see the Everton match last season for a perfect example of someone who should not be playing topflight football.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Play Ranger, play Best, play Vuckic - don't play this waste of space. He's fucking terrible man, see the Everton match last season for a perfect example of someone who should not be playing topflight football.

Yeah, but did you see him against West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham and Wolves.He was excellent in them and it's precisely against those kinds of teams I want Loven to play..Not against Everton ffs..That's precisely my point..If we play Wolves home and then Everton away, we could rest Ba against Wolves and have him fresh and ready for Everton

Yeah, but did you see him against West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham and Wolves.He was excellent in them and it's precisely against those kinds of teams I want Loven to play..Not against Everton ffs..That's precisely my point..If we play Wolves home and then Everton away, we could rest Ba against Wigan and have him fresh and ready for Everton

I did. He was shit against Wigan, got subbed off in the 2nd half at home IIRC, away game he was average at best. Brum home he was average at best and didn't do much. He might have scored against a couple of shit teams but that doesn't make him good and he was anything but excellent, I didn't catch seeing him with any MoM awards. Shola scored in Camp Nou FFS to prove my point.

The thought of resting Ba (and I've barelt even seen him) for him makes me feel sick. It's a classic example of settling for not good enough. We're in positon to be fucking resting players.

Get rid, get someone better in (fanciful thinking)