Peter Løvenkrands

Rich

What's the point of resting Ba against Wigan? You don't see Man Utd resting Rooney against them. It's not a friendly.

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons because Solskjær's approach..which he got from SAF.

I still find the "there's 7 goals we need replacing" comment bizarre mind.

It was in direct response to a couple of people implying he makes so little contribution we can afford to f*** him off without considering replacing him.

I think it's inevitable we'll sign one striker of some description whether we rate him or not, so that'd put him 5th choice.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

His goals to games ratio would say otherwise.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Regardless either of these two planks playing any predominant role in our season is fucking comical.

It's not about them playing a PREDOMINANT role, it's about them filling in when we're up against inferior teams that we should be able to beat, even when resting one or two of our most valuable players.

Play Ranger, play Best, play Vuckic - don't play this waste of space. He's fucking terrible man, see the Everton match last season for a perfect example of someone who should not be playing topflight football.

Yeah, but did you see him against West Ham, Wigan, Birmingham and Wolves.He was excellent in them and it's precisely against those kinds of teams I want Loven to play..Not against Everton ffs..That's precisely my point..If we play Wolves home and then Everton away, we could rest Ba against Wolves and have him fresh and ready for Everton

Pretty much lost for words  :facepalm:

What's the point of resting Ba against Wigan? You don't see Man Utd resting Rooney against them. It's not a friendly.

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons because Solskjær's approach..which he got from SAF.

So your saying we have adequete replacements against the Wigans of this world when we could be possibly be in a relegation battle next season  :idiot2:

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons.. 

That's not how I remember it. And ffs, you can't compare the Norwegian league to Premier League. In your philosophy, we should rest pretty much the whole XI, and send out our garbage subs? Yes, most of them will probably run like idiots, but that doesn't help much does it. Furthermore, assuming Newcastle finishes top 12, we should rest the likes of Ba and let's say Tiote against the 8 other teams? Jesus christ man. Go fish.

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons because Solskjær's approach..which he got from SAF.

So your saying we have adequete replacements against the Wigans of this world when we could be possibly be in a relegation battle next season  :idiot2:

You're still not getting it....We need another striker, that's obvious..But we also have a extremely good midfield that enables us to use a 4-5-1 formation..So relax..All I'm saying is that we should ROTATE players sometimes to avoid injuries.That enables us to field our best team against the best opponents

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons.. 

That's not how I remember it. And ffs, you can't compare the Norwegian league to Premier League. In your philosophy, we should rest pretty much the whole XI, and send out our garbage subs? Yes, most of them will probably run like idiots, but that doesn't help much does it. Furthermore, assuming Newcastle finishes top 12, we should rest the likes of Ba and let's say Tiote against the 8 other teams? Jesus christ man. Go fish.

Read my posts ffs..I'm not talking about resting the whole team, on or two players..maximum

That's exactly what SAF is NOT doing..He's resting players when they're up against the weakest teams..Eg. Rooney. The same principle has his trainee, Solskjær, done in Molde..And Solskjær is very good at displaying  trust towards his players..When he's asked questions like "you're fielding a weakened team today" he's responding that he got full confidence in the replacements..They will do the job..That of course make the squad players buckle up and run like idiots..A couple of Molde's players have taken huge steps this seasons because Solskjær's approach..which he got from SAF.

So your saying we have adequete replacements against the Wigans of this world when we could be possibly be in a relegation battle next season  :idiot2:

You're still not getting it....We need another striker, that's obvious..But we also have a extremely good midfield that enables us to use a 4-5-1 formation..So relax..All I'm saying is that we should ROTATE players sometimes to avoid injuries.That enables us to field our best team against the best opponents

Stop with this nonsense.  Please.

Read my posts ffs..I'm not talking about resting the whole team, on or two players..maximum

I most certainly have, and it makes no sense. We're not Barcelona.

Another 7 goals to find.

Thank Christ Man Utd fans didn't think this way when they sold Ronaldo & Tevez. :lol:

That doesn't make sense on any level.

I think people need to make their mind up. If Lovenkrands is an important striker then why the clamour for more strikers? On the one hand we are moaning about having the likes of Best, Ameobi and Lovenkrands as our strikers because they are so shit then the same people are up in arms if we try to sell them.

Who on earth would be up in arms about selling Lovenkrands? :mackems:

Just making the point that no matter how useless he may seem, he scored seven goals last season. That's a fact.

So what? I would still rather upgrade him despite his goals. Best and Shola also scored goals last season, how many poor forwards can you keep on the basis they got x amount of goals?

To upgrade him you need a replacement.

If we sell him without a replacement you'd have a point. I'm pretty sure there'll be a striker coming in though, and even if there wasn't I think I'd rather have Vukic on the pitch than him.

It is really, I mean its 7 goals in 29 games, a pretty awful record.  Shola could score 7 in 29, probably more.

His goals to games ratio would say otherwise.

Ameobi got 9 in 30 last season didn't he?  Which is a better goals to games ratio.

Regardless either of these two planks playing any predominant role in our season is f***ing comical.

It's not about them playing a PREDOMINANT role, it's about them filling in when we're up against inferior teams that we should be able to beat, even when resting one or two of our most valuable players.

Against the inferior teams, they know they are going to be fighting for survival come the end of the season, and will be up for it, the last thing you want to do is play with Lovenkrands, you are effectively a man down.  Even in the Championship, every away game, this was the case. 

This is the truth.

Shola and Lovenkrands make me nauseous, not sure Cunterkrands and Shita are the right way of describing them though. I like Punk's posts in general, uses detail and thinks things through but the Lovenkrands argument is just a no goer for me. Lovenkrands should have done us all a favour and burnt a couple of bins over the past few days, stole a few packets of crisps from Poundland and disappeared never to be seen again

Our whole strikeforce, bar Demba is Championship strikers. You could say Best is a decent striker, at least he's better than Lovenkrands and Ameobi, and has some continuity. Ask yourselves this question; In which other Premier League club would Ameobi and Lovenkrands get a game?

You should struggle to find more than 5. I find it worrying that this club, which is associated with such quality strikers from the past, now seem to settle for very average strikers, if that. I started supporting this club because of Alan Shearer, and seeing so many people defending the likes of Ameobi/Lovenkrands is just wrong. This club needs competitive genuine quality strike force, and shouldn't keep handing out contract extensions and hold on to nobodies. It sends out all the wrong signs.

Villa, Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham, Norwich, QPR, Stoke, Sunderland, Swansea, West Brom, Wigan, and Wolves.

Dont agree with resting your best strikers against any team. There probably will be injuries & i think the likes of Ameobi/Loven are better than most other teams 3rd/4th choice strikers. If we get in another striker though, itd make sense to let one of them go and we just gave Ameobi a new deal.