Norwegian / Scandinavian fans

Guest ovesbar

Guest ovesbar

I would encourage all of you to send a mail to Viasat regarding our championship campaign. I think there is a genuine chance that a big demand would make them show many of our matches next season. I've aready sent them a mail and they replied that they would come back to me with more information when desicions are made.

Don't know if it makes any difference, but its worth a try.

I would encourage all of you to send a mail to Viasat regarding our championship campaign. I think there is a genuine chance that a big demand would make them show many of our matches next season. I've aready sent them a mail and they replied that they would come back to me with more information when desicions are made.

What's the e-mail adress?

Fuckers. Viasat made some changes in their channels at the start of the year. They said they tried to make it more suitable for Finns...

What it means:

Before: Viasat Sport 1, Viasat Sport 2 ja Viasat Sport 3 (including The Championship)

Now: Viasat Golf, Viasat Sport (Russian hockey, bullriding etc)

:dowie:

Guest firetotheworks

Whats the source for our Scandinavian support btw? A 'why us?' kind of thing.

Guest Dr. Richard Kimble

I'm not sure why either. But I do know that Gordon McKeag, The Chairman Before Sir John Hall, was the Consul for Iceland in Newcastle.

In fact, his father William McKeag was Order of the Falcon in Iceland.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_McKeag

I have no connection to the McKeag's btw.

Guest ovesbar

What's the e-mail adress?

[email protected]

was the one I used. Seems that they have a standard reply to this email: "The plans for the next season in the Championship are not ready yet, but we will come back to you with more information at a later point" I know other Newcastle fans who got the same reply.

I still think it might work though, if they are deciding for example between us and boro on a random saturday, chances are that many requests would tip the decision our way.

I asked Viasat if they were to show championship next season, and this was the reply i got:

Hei.

Nei, jeg tror det er en annen kanal som har kjøpt rettighetene neste sesong, uten at jeg vet det helt sikkert. Kommer sikkert en avklaring i løpet av sommeren.

Glenn Ø. Støldal

Presse- og informasjonsansvarlig/Head of Press

Follow by this when i asked if they knew who got the rights:

Nei, jeg er ikke sikker på at det er hundre prosent avgjort ennå, men det er klart at disse rettighetene er attraktive for mange, som blant annet Eurosport, Canal+ og TV 2 Sport.

Glenn Ø. Støldal

Presse- og informasjonsansvarlig/Head of Press

Guest ovesbar

Interesting.. The ideal would be for Canal + to buy the rights and start Canal + Sport 3 or something. I prefer the Canal+ guys, Viasat has crap commentators.

In Iceland Newcastle has probably the fifth biggest fanbase after the top 4. Don't ask why.

They've probably got the second biggest (real) fanbase in England, and still pull in the second largest TV audience for live matches after ManU.

Don't ask why ?

Guest natolars

Interesting.. The ideal would be for Canal + to buy the rights and start Canal + Sport 3 or something. I prefer the Canal+ guys, Viasat has crap commentators.

The Canal+ guys are pretty crappy as well tbh...

Agreed! I lost all respect for Arve Fuglum when he said "...kråkene fra Newcastle".

Which in english means "...the crows from Newcastle".

FFS...

Guest ovesbar

Im actually glad im ending my c+ subscription, i hate the fuckers in the c+ studio. The fat c*** and his friend talking s****, and makeing us miss games.

Actually hes not that fat anymore..must have lost like 30 kgs this season  :iamatwat:

I would not cancel my subscription before we know who buys the ccc-rights though. But I agree, they do talk a lot of shit, and are constantly jerking off to everything ManU and Liverpool does. And some of their commentators are beyond pathetic..but they are still a lot better than Viasats gang.

They do respond really well to criticism, a friend of mine sent them a furious mail after one of our trashings by manu last year, they responded in a really professional and humble way, and he ended up having a long discussion about Newcastle with Dag Solheim, and got invited to the studio for a Newcastle game. O0

The Canal+ guys are pretty crappy as well tbh...

Agreed! I lost all respect for Arve Fuglum when he said "...kråkene fra Newcastle".

Which in english means "...the crows from Newcastle".

FFS...

Fuglum is a joke. The rest is allright tough.