Beckford From Leeds.

Crumpy Gunt

hmmmm..

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5423045,00.html

Beckford keen on Toon move

Jermaine Beckford's agent Nick Rubery says Leeds United's transfer-listed striker could move to Newcastle.

The Magpies were linked with a move for the talented forward earlier in the summer having been impressed by his goalscoring record last term.

However, a deal is yet to materialise with the newly-relegated side still concentrating on their ongoing takeover saga.

Beckford's agent, though, has refused to rule out a summer move to St James' Park, admitting that he expects positive news on the Leeds striker's future soon.

f*** me, I used to go to school with Nick Ruberry! He's the son of Barry Ruberry who bought Huddersfield Town when they were good and pretty much ruined them.

Guest Phil K

Bit of a lazy yob apparently.

Decent striker in Div 1 doesn't mean he can cut it higher up.

We don't need another Dyer attitude.

Guest Stephen927

Bit of a lazy yob apparently.

Decent striker in Div 1 doesn't mean he can cut it higher up.

We don't need another Dyer attitude.

Sometimes having an attitude can be a good thing if you use it the right way, which I'm not too convinced that Beckford would do. You're right though, he has scored handfuls in the Championship, it is a bit of a risk bringing him into the Championship and even at £1m I'm not sure if we'll be able to afford that, guess we'll have to see who the new owners are.

I'm not sure if he'll make the step up to the Championship but IMO it's not as great a jump as to the Premier League and it'd make a nice change to sign someone in form and on the up right now.

I'm not sure if he'll make the step up to the Championship but IMO it's not as great a jump as to the Premier League and it'd make a nice change to sign someone in form and on the up right now.

You don't say....

I've honestly never watched Beckford play, he plays in league 1 ffs. I know he's got an impressive scoring record but I couldn't list any of his attributes. I find it hard to believe that the majority of people on here have seen anything other than on the premier scouting tool of the web.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BooBoo

"It's been a boyhood dream of mine to play under a man like Chris Hughton. I'm confident that under the gaffers tutoring, I will go on to be top Premier League striker."- Beckford, speaking outside his Leeds home.

Guest dover

"It's been a boyhood dream of mine to play under a man like Chris Hughton. I'm confident that under the gaffers tutoring, I will go on to be top Premier League striker."- Beckford, speaking outside his Leeds home.

"Im here or the fans, the club is massive, its a dream come true. Im here to fire us back to the premier league where we belong" - Beckford speaking outside yates bigmarket, his new home.

You don't say....

I've honestly never watched Beckford play, he plays in league 1 ffs. I know he's got an impressive scoring record but I couldn't list any of his attributes. I find it hard to believe that the majority of people on here have seen anything other than on the premier scouting tool of the web.

The league below us ffs.

Wonder when people will realise that we can't go out and buy champions league players?

Guest Heneage

Looking at his scoring record in the CCC we should have got Leroy Lita.

I we can sell Oba but cannot sign a player out of contract, has he signed for Boro yet?

Yep 3 year deal, andy "I know loads of players me" Burton says he's excited about the deal and the move.

I we can sell Oba but cannot sign a player out of contract, has he signed for Boro yet?

Yep 3 year deal, andy "I know loads of players me" Burton says he's excited about the deal and the move.

That excited he stayed in a Durham hotel over night, Boro has a massive lack of hotels you know.

A relation of yours?

;)

You don't say....

The league below us ffs.

Wonder when people will realise that we can't go out and buy champions league players?

What has your comment got to do with what I said? I'm not implying we're too good for him by any means, I said I don't know anything about him, he could be too good for us for all I know. I was merely pointing out how surprised I am and the apparent depth of knowledge about a player who's played in League 1 for the last two years (don't know what he did before then).

You don't say....

The league below us ffs.

What has your comment got to do with what I said? I'm not implying we're too good for him by any means, I said I don't know anything about him, he could be too good for us for all I know. I was merely pointing out how surprised I am and the apparent depth of knowledge about a player who's played in League 1 for the last two years (don't know what he did before then).

Ahh right, apologies then as I read that wrong.

I know plenty about him as I've seen him play at least 30 times.