Ketsbaia sacked by Olympiakos!

CaliMag

It's hardly a reflection of his managerial abilities if he's sacked after two games, just seems like a thick chairman.

pretty much standard practice in Greece (as well as most southern European leagues it seems) tbh......trigger happy chairmen.

Hope Ketsbaia kicked the $hit out of him :lol:

Sacked for poor form in the Greek league, love him but no thanks

He was only in charge for two games Skirge man  bluerazz.gif, and won four points.

I'm not saying we should hire him now, but I wouldn't use this as an argument against him.

Be interesting to see where he goes now, I don't know why he went to Olympiakos in the first place.  They were champions in the last season so if he wins the league he's lucky to get a pat on the back and if he doesn't he gets slaughtered.

Apart from that one incident, did he actually do anything to warrant the nut case reputation?

Everyone seems to have him labelled as some warrior of football who'll explode at any provocation...just wondered if he deserves that.

http://goal.com/en/news/117/greece/2009/09/15/1502335/olympiacos-part-company-with-head-coach-temuri-ketsbaia

Resigned apparently.

Still seems a bit mad:

Ketsbaia did not do his popularity among the Greek fans any good when he was quoted as saying "Will you now hang me from Acropolis?" on the press conference after the draw against Kavala.

Acropolis is not just considered a monument, but also a sacred place throughout Greek history by many. The last person who died at Acropolis was a a national guard during WW II who covered himself in the Greek flag when the Nazis told him to take the flag down.

;D

He's not mental, one kick off if classic style and he gets the mental tag, he is passionate about the club but wears his heart on his sleeve KK style, we need a more stable manager.

If thats true about 6 games 5 wins 1 deaw thent he board and fkn stupid for letting him go but he is stupid for saying what he did.