From the Horse's Mouth

Golfmag

To be fair, I wouldn't want to sit next to Doug Ellis either

Well he was an incredible old codger and would have spoken non-stop through lunch whether I'd been there or not, but you couldn't help but like him. Funnily enough, his Chief Exec who was on the other side of him, he fired the week after I think.

What was the problem with Kinnear Golf?

Can't say, even by PM. really sorry cos i know how annoying that is

Bet it had something to do with his attitude towards foreigners.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

What was the problem with Kinnear Golf?

Can't say, even by PM. really sorry cos i know how annoying that is

Bet it had something to do with his attitude towards foreigners.

That or the press, or just in general. Not an endearing quality to go around calling everyone a cunt constantly.

I bet Kinnear had the chance to sign some good technical players in the January window but convinced Mike that we needed crafters like Nolan and Taylor.

Well, after having watched Xavi and Iniesta orchestrate the barca midfield tonight it's clear that Kinnear saw an English equivalent in the wily Nolan...

I bet Kinnear had the chance to sign some good technical players in the January window but convinced Mike that we needed crafters like Nolan and Taylor.

Well, after having watched Xavi and Iniesta orchestrate the barca midfield tonight it's clear that Kinnear saw an English equivalent in the willy Nolan...

FYP mate.

Well, after having watched Xavi and Iniesta orchestrate the barca midfield tonight it's clear that Kinnear saw an English equivalent in the willy Nolan...

FYP mate.

yeah, that works too.

I bumped into someone at a golf tournament today who was right at the heart of our club until six games (that's the clue) into this season. No names as he has previously given me a lot of accurate info and is a much nicer bloke that his reputaion might suggest. Stuff he told me tonight:

- Prior to the Keegan's appointment, Harry Rednapp had actually signed a written Heads of Terms (initial contract) on a four-year deal.

- Prior to Kinner's appointment, Venables had agreed to come but big Mike would only give him a contract for FOUR weeks.

- Appointing Kinnear was a disaster.

- Freddie S was indeed in toon yesterday as part of the interested consortium.

- Big Mike doesn't want to bankroll the club next season.

Post Redknapp there was some coughing and spluttering by Mort that Arry hadn't actually been offered the job but it seemed pretty f*cking obvious that he had. I'm just curious where the appointment of Wise came from. Redknapp wouldn't have had any of that surely, so was Wise just brought in to handcuff Keegan in the transfer market because they didn't trust his judgement? Also how would a cheque book manager like Redknapp have handled a net spend of next to nothing?   

I bumped into someone at a golf tournament today who was right at the heart of our club until six games (that's the clue) into this season. No names as he has previously given me a lot of accurate info and is a much nicer bloke that his reputaion might suggest. Stuff he told me tonight:

- Prior to the Keegan's appointment, Harry Rednapp had actually signed a written Heads of Terms (initial contract) on a four-year deal.

- Prior to Kinner's appointment, Venables had agreed to come but big Mike would only give him a contract for FOUR weeks.

Post Redknapp there was some coughing and spluttering by Mort that Arry hadn't actually been offered the job but it seemed pretty f*cking obvious that he had. I'm just curious where the appointment of Wise came from. Redknapp wouldn't have had any of that surely, so was Wise just brought in to handcuff Keegan in the transfer market because they didn't trust his judgement? Also how would a cheque book manager like Redknapp have handled a net spend of next to nothing?   

Perhaps that's the reason Redknapp said no.

Maybe - but you would think they had sorted all that stuff out before they went as far as signing any sort of Heads of Agreement.

Maybe - but you would think they had sorted all that stuff out before they went as far as signing any sort of Heads of Agreement.

This is Mike Ashley we're talking about.

This is Mike Ashley we're talking about.

Seems unbelievable that the "job description" wasn't sorted early doors but err... fair point I suppose :lol:

Guest Heneage

We had the chance to sign Donadel and looked at numerous DVD's but it was decided against.

Guest Roger Kint

Not too much point of this really, theres nothing we didnt know anyway and your only point of interest is something you can even say in pm.

the heads of terms thing was mentioned on the sunday supplement last week (may have been week before), journo's saying that they had harry signed and sealed before his last minute u turn.

Although I will give you the benefit of the doubt about events prior to this season that you mention. You even admitted that the person was no longer a part of the club anymore, so I'll take everything else with a pinch of salt.

When did Oliver get barred from the Press Box again..?!

Did you ever read Oliver's articles? He couldn't have been any further away from the 'heart of the club' if he tried ;)