RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So the Times, Guardian, Sun all go with the moat story.

And the Daily Mail..

EXCLUSIVE: Newcastle plummet to new depths as O'Leary turns down manager's job

with no quotes or any meat at all in the article, amazing what headlines they come up with when beaten to a story.

Are we saying thanks Thomo for keeping us informed since Saturday???

I think the lad has been vindicated to be honest. Ok the Dubai Consortium was a red herring but the news of the takeover bid was spot on....it's not his fault if Ashley now starts wavering.

In the Radio 5 interview, Harris did slip in that he thought it important that there was some local involvement in the ownership of the club. My heart sank because I thought he had Shepherd in mind. Now it looks like he may have meant this bloke. There's been rumour of an American bid fronted by someone local for a while now, so it seems the story has substance.

Whether they are the front runners is something else. The signs are that there's some competition.

The sign of big red letter saying "no sale"  come to mind for some reason.

Agreed. I fully expect the fat cunt to turn the bid down, it's clear he's been sounding out Kinnear for this reason.

Guest Wally_McFool

I doubt Ashley will sale it to Moat Keith recommended him but my gut feelings is he will sale it to the middle eastern ppl.

What if there are no Middle eastern people involved  anymore?  :rolleyes:

bollocks to the ronnie, this is going to happen. What sets it apart from other rumors is that Ashleys been told to accept the bid apparently. That would indicate that hes been a right stubborn cunt previously IMO

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I still think this is the local involvment that Keith Harris was talking about, maybe they are dismissing it so an offer will come in from another bidder? :banghead: