RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is there any chance that the announcement on Monday might be positive with regards to a takeover?

Yes it is possible that it could be a positive announcement.  A lot of people on here have put two and two together though . . . and made about 42 (HHGTTG) . . .

Myself, I think the odds are about 60/40 in favour of the announcement saying "XXX will be taking over WEF xxx".

So, 60/40  -  what do the rest of you think?

I think that we have been led down the garden path too often by Ashley and co to trust them.

Its best getting the thought in your head that Ashley is staying, will not spend 1 penny more than he has to,  is going to continue selling players and that O'Leary or Kinnear will be coming in as boss.

By doing this at least you wont be disappointed if and when this happens.

I know what you mean, but I think a dose of strong drink tonight and Saturday - with THAT thought in my head - would probably mean I would never see Monday!!!

Nah, he's GOT TO be going!  (70/30 . . . )

Press release:

After months of trying to find a suitable buyer Mike Ashley has came to the conclusion that he will remain at Newcastle United BUT will sell a majority share to local millionaire Barry Moat (a front runner in the sale saga), Mr Moat was unable to secure the funds in full due to the current financial climate so an alternative option had to be sought, both Mike Ashley and Barry Moat agreed that this was the best and only way forward, Barry Moat intends to take over full control at a later date when cash flow fails to be a stumbling block.

I could quite easily see this scenario.  No actual takeover, Ashley stays, but some cosmetic changes announced in the hopes of appeasing the fans. 

The results so far could turn out the be the worst start to the season we could have had, if it's given Ashley an inflated idea of our chances of promotion and therefore an inflated idea of what the club's worth.

Guest ItalianMagpie

The results so far could turn out the be the worst start to the season we could have had, if it's given Ashley an inflated idea of our chances of promotion and therefore an inflated idea of what the club's worth.

:clap:

Maybe if we were currently lying at the bottom of the table he would accept even a lower offer to sell. :dave:

Maybe if we were currently lying at the bottom of the table he would accept even a lower offer to sell. :dave:

Theres no offers though. So whats he going to do? bring in a partner or keep the club. Take aside all the published bullshit offers and theres no concrete offers on the table, despite thommo and the rest of the done deal briggade. From what weve seen it likely to be Moat-Ashley partnership hence the handshake bullshit at the matches.

My prediction is that on Monday it will be announced that the club will not be sold.  There will be two inexpensive signings and three more loan deals.  Before the January window, rumors will surface again and these rumors will gloss over the fact that January's window will close quietly with little action.  Sale rumors will commence just prior to the end of the season and, if the club gains promotion Ashley will really sell the club.

Guest DavB93

Theres no offers though. So whats he going to do? bring in a partner or keep the club. Take aside all the published bullshit offers and theres no concrete offers on the table, despite thommo and the rest of the done deal briggade. From what weve seen it likely to be Moat-Ashley partnership hence the handshake bullshit at the matches.

There are offers on the table.

Evidence please

Guest DavB93

Evidence please

How on earth am I suppose to show you evidence, it's been said on here plenty of times that Shepherd has a bid on the table and this is what I know to be true. It's an offer Ashley doesn't like but is on the table.

Evidence please

How on earth am I suppose to show you evidence, it's been said on here plenty of times that Shepherd has a bid on the table and this is what I know to be true. It's an offer Ashley doesn't like but is on the table.

Please refer to my "published bullshit offers" comment in the post. Basing your facts on this forum thread is beyond stupid. Are you one of SSN rent-a-mongs for announcement days?

Guest DavB93

Evidence please

Please refer to my "published bullshit offers" comment in the post. Basing your facts on this forum thread is beyond stupid. Are you one of SSN rent-a-mongs for announcement days?

Not at all..just informing what I know. Just wish the mess was sorted out sooner rather than later.

I'm not baising my facts on this board...I know the offer is on the table from 'other source' but just mentioned that it had also been mentioned on this board too.

And I don't even want Shepherd anywhere near this club again.

Evidence please

Not at all..just informing what I know. Just wish the mess was sorted out sooner rather than later.

Are you Derek Llambias?

Guest DavB93

Evidence please

Are you Derek Llambias?

No

Evidence please

Are you Derek Llambias?

No

Are you  :kinnear:

Guest DavB93

Evidence please

Are you Derek Llambias?

No

Are you  :kinnear:

Hell no...

Guest chanoey

Why say today that there will be an anouncement on monday? If the anouncement is that he is staying, why not anounce it today? Ofcourse he knows what the statement will be, so why wait? Afraid of being lynched at the game tomorrow? Or waiting for all paperwork to be finalised with Moat?

Guest DavB93

Why say today that there will be an anouncement on monday? If the anouncement is that he is staying, why not anounce it today? Ofcourse he knows what the statement will be, so why wait? Afraid of being lynched at the game tomorrow? Or waiting for all paperwork to be finalised with Moat?

Hope it's the second.

Evidence please

I'm not baising my facts on this board...I know the offer is on the table from 'other source' but just mentioned that it had also been mentioned on this board too.

I see you edited you post, to move from "rent-a-mong" to "ive-got-an-itk-source-mong"

fuck off now your stupid.

How do you know there are no concrete offers? Is that a fact?

How do you know there are no concrete offers? Is that a fact?

thats a fact until proven otherwise...

Guest DavB93

Evidence please

I see you edited you post, to move from "rent-a-mong" to "ive-got-an-itk-source-mong"

fuck off now your stupid.

Why is he announcing it Monday?

1.  If it is sold, the new owner may have requested to make over from the beginning of a working week (i.e. Monday) where he will have time to organise further conferences throughout the weekwith Huddersfield the only obstacle. A manager could be appointed prior to Huddersfield game (i.e. on the Wednesday) boosting ticket sales.

2.  If he is staying, he will need to appoint a manager.  A manager cannot be appointed the day before a trip to London, that is just rediculous.  Also he will want to bring in some faces, relieve the pressure from the anger of the fans that he is staying, therefore since it cannot be done over the weekend, it is easier to do it from Monday.

Makes sense either way to me.  Why he couldn't have announced it Monday morning I do not know.  However it has got us talking, speculating, possibly easing pressure off him for tomorrows match, maybe that is what they aimed to do.

Personally I think he is going to announce something along the lines of co-ownership with him taking a back seat and having no input on the club.  Barry Moat will take over the day to day chairman things.  Llambias will get a big pay off.  Hughton will be kept in as a coaching role with Shearer appointed.  This is purely opinion though.