RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pointless hypothetical, but would anyone be satisfied with something resembling the following compromise:

1.  Ashley retains financial control of the club, but Moat increases his holding substantially, possibly with a view to a future buyout.

2.  Llambas goes, and a new director is appointed.  Someone with experience in football.

3.  Shearer is appointed on a two year deal.

We get the manager most of us want, we get someone else running the club day to day, but Ashley doesn't sell up. 

Pointless hypothetical, but would anyone be satisfied with something resembling the following compromise:

1.  Ashley retains financial control of the club, but Moat increases his holding substantially, possibly with a view to a future buyout.

2.  Llambas goes, and a new director is appointed.  Someone with experience in football.

We get the manager most of us want, we get someone else running the club day to day, but Ashley doesn't sell up. 

:toke:

:toke:

:drink:

Actually.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

can I say,  erm go on then  :snod:

my point was about the press's stories regarding the takeover

they all said there was a deadline last week, this week etc, and they've all got it wrong ffs

the point about the chronicel i've made is a valid one imo, they writing very little compared to the broadsheet's because they are not getting their famous scoup's or source's and they are the most likely i would believe to get these leaks since they are not based in London, (i know ppl will come out with the fact we're being run in London, but Ashley has been spotted in Newcastle quite a bit recently)

things are bad

I wonder why not one single media outlet (from what I have seen), has dared to go with the story "NUFC have had no offers" "NUFC will NOT be sold" "Ashley Has NO options available" "NUFC hierachy are lying to their fans". If none of them have en earthly clue what is going on, I cant work out why not one of them is telling us all that Ashley is in the shit. For some reason they have continued to go with the "It'll be next week" stories time and time again.

Looked fine against Reading and didn't have a bad game against WBA or Sheff Wed after the 45 minute mark

Bollocks. He was woeful in the second half at WBA and nearly gifted Jeffers a goal in the last ten on Wed.

He HAS to go. He's a centre half who can't deal with physical strikers and can't deal with pacy strikers. Its the worst combination possible for the league we're in.

Teams are going to target him and will get joy. Obviously if he is moved on he will have to be replaced but the replacement won't be paid the ridiculous amount we pay Colocinni.

How did he nearly gift Jeffers a goal?

What did he do wrong in the second half vs Brom?

Far too many sheep at SJP, stop listening to what the dickhead next to you says man. Watch him, watch his contribution. Rarely does it involve last ditch tackles and chest thumping, but it CAN be effective.

f*** off man. You're acting like you see something in Coloccini that no one else does to try and make it look like you're more learned than we are. Everyone says he's s*** because he is s***. He is currently offering nothing more than being a body in defence.

He lost Jeffers for that one on one late on. When Jeffers just drifted off him. Just like Luke Moore did before he turned him inside out and Krul had to make the save with his foot. He can't win a fuckin header. Anyone with a bit of pace gets in behind in easily. He marks poorly. He does not defend the box well. If you dispute any of this, plenty of evidence can be provided. Sears will cause him all kinds of problems tomorrow.

So yes, his defending does not involve last ditch tackles or chest thumping. It doesn't involve winning headers or marking effectively either.

There are 4 people in the back 4 and also a bank of 4 midfielders in front of them yet people choose to single out one player for criticism.

Colocinni has played pretty well in our first 3 games, especially considering the derision aimed at him.

We also currently have no one else at the club to come in and play in place of him or 2 pools.

I'm pretty sure Smith, Jonas, Nolan, Ryan Taylor have all been getting stick on here.  So your point isn't the best.

Let's just use our imagination on Monday, regardless of the outcome.

Collective delusion far outweighs reality these days, we can have any owner/manager we want.

:lol: Brilliant. Absolutely inspired. That's quite simply the best suggestion yet.

:mackems:

Guest Walking in a waddle wonde

But what if its Hansen and Lawro scheduled for this week all along?

The board may melt down if Big Al isn't on the sofa.  :frantic:

Guest Geordiekev

We shouild know on saturday night actually.

If Shearer is on MOTD, then Ashley will be retaining the club.

Why wouldn't he be there? even if he was to take control next week there is no plausable reason as to why he won't be on the sofa... But If he's not then expect a good excuse from his pals on the couch.

Why wouldn't he be there? even if he was to take control next week there is no plausable reason as to why he won't be on the sofa... But If he's not then expect a good excuse from his pals on the couch.

They don't have the same two pundits every week anyway do they?

Guest Roger Kint

Are you insane?

You are aware our game today is in London, MOTD starts at about 10.20pm or something, are you seriously suggesting that even if he went to the match he couldnt make the studio in time?

Thats even taking into account that it actually matters where the hell he is tonight..........which it bloody doesnt. Seriously man :facepalm:

reporter on 5 live said he understands mie ashley will be taking the club off the market on monday.

...because he's sold a majority stake in the club to Moat?

...because he's decided not to sell it at all?

Could be anything.

reporter on 5 live said he understands mie ashley will be taking the club off the market on monday.

Lets be honest, is there anyone amongst us who would be surprised to hear this news.

The sad thing is that if its true, I dont think there can be any hope of saying "Ok, so this time he will knuckle down and do the job right". I tried wishing that the last time and just got very badly let down.

Very bleak.

and yet reporters on every other station dont know what will happen.

The same as the papers.

Hmm.

No one has a fucking clue, cant be fucking arsed to speculate, bollocks to the fucking whole fucking lot.  I'm concentrating on the win today and that will tide me over til the cup game mid week.

Fuck Mike Ashley.  Fuck Derek Llambias.  Fuck speculation and fuck the press.