RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Don't think it is a case of falling for it, it is just blind hope that we get him out of Toon asap.

If he doesn't sell it would be nice to think that the fans would just not turn up to the games and then he will really feel it financially, but that won't happen either.

And the point of that would be? other than allowing the makems screaming "where were you when you were shit" at us should we get promoted.. Leave the protests to the bastard tree huggers..

I've renewed my season ticket regardless of what the club does.. and will continue to support the squad regardless.

:nope:

Don't think it is a case of falling for it, it is just blind hope that we get him out of Toon asap.

If he doesn't sell it would be nice to think that the fans would just not turn up to the games and then he will really feel it financially, but that won't happen either.

And the point of that would be? other than allowing the makems screaming "where were you when you were shit" at us should we get promoted.. Leave the protests to the bastard tree huggers..

I've renewed my season ticket regardless of what the club does.. and will continue to support the squad regardless.

So are you saying nobody should bother going to matches and supporting the team?

Supporters support through thick and thin. That's all.

So are you saying nobody should bother going to matches and supporting the team?

I'd be providing my support by trying to get rid of a cancer at the club.

Giving Ashley reason to stay by lining his pockets doesn't prove anything other than he's right when he thinks he can do what the fuck he wants and we're daft enough to just go along with it.

Guest Geordiekev

And the point of that would be? other than allowing the makems screaming "where were you when you were s***" at us should we get promoted.. Leave the protests to the b****** tree huggers..

Giving Ashley reason to stay by lining his pockets doesn't prove anything other than he's right when he thinks he can do what the f*** he wants and we're daft enough to just go along with it.

So Cristian do you have a season ticket? I guess not because it would be foolish for us that do to stay away and give them up, once the club is on the up and the fair weather fans decide they want back myself and many more would probbably have to wait for one to become available, If you honestly believe that staying away would deter Ashley then do so. I support my team through the good times and the bad, it's like a marriage and we take our vows.

We held protests and got the point across, staying away would only serve to be detrimental to both our club and it's players.

And the point of that would be? other than allowing the makems screaming "where were you when you were s***" at us should we get promoted.. Leave the protests to the b****** tree huggers..

Giving Ashley reason to stay by lining his pockets doesn't prove anything other than he's right when he thinks he can do what the f*** he wants and we're daft enough to just go along with it.

So Cristian do you have a season ticket? I guess not because it would be foolish for us that do to stay away and give them up, once the club is on the up and the fair weather fans decide they want back myself and many more would probbably have to wait for one to become available, If you honestly believe that staying away would deter Ashley then do so. I support my team through the good times and the bad, it's like a marriage and we take our vows.

We held protests and got the point across, staying away would only serve to be detrimental to both our club and it's players.

MIKE ASHLEY WILL NOT BREAK ME!

Giving Ashley reason to stay is what is detrimental to the club.

Not spending any more money has minimal effect in comparison to the piss-poor running of the place.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't support the team. If you've all ready paid for your season ticket then fair enough. All I'm saying is to not line his pockets any further. It only takes a little bit of will power.

If enough people do it and the fat twat is told exactly WHY they are doing it then hopefully he'd be bright enough to cut his losses and fuck off.

I admire your romantic notions about "supporting through and through" ... but it's not relevant. I'm not saying go away and support Sunderland. Just stop putting any money into the club.

I also thought the flippant comments about protests in general were fairly ignorant. Protest is part of the reason you're not living in an overtly oppressive society.

Guest Geordiekev

Not spending any more money has minimal effect in comparison to the piss-poor running of the place.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not saying don't support the team. If you've all ready paid for your season ticket then fair enough. All I'm saying is to not line his pockets any further. It only takes a little bit of will power.

If enough people do it and the fat t*** is told exactly WHY they are doing it then hopefully he'd be bright enough to cut his losses and f*** off.

I admire your romantic notions about "supporting through and through" ... but it's not relevant. I'm not saying go away and support Sunderland. Just stop putting any money into the club.

I also thought the flippant comments about protests in general were fairly ignorant. Protest is part of the reason you're not living in an overtly oppressive society.

OK then you feel free to stay away... I'm sure you won't be missed, as for my flippant comments about protests, give me an example of a protest in the UK that actually won what it set out to do, I don't claim to know everything and accept that you may have a few examples but I only remember the likes of the miners strikes, swan hunters and the like and everyone only caused misery.

Sorry for late reply, NO I am not saying that supporters should stay away at all, but unfortunately Ashley knows this too and all it means is he has more time to strip the club of assets and get all his money back.

He may be selling the club for 100 Million, but what about the money from all the outgoing transfers (Milner, N'zogbia, Duff, etc) he has banked that, he has got the parachute payment from the Prem, he is getting revenue from the fans, etc. Even if he sells for 100, I doubt he will actually be that much down on his original investment, remember when he came we apparently didn't owe anyone a penny, now we have a 40 Million overdraft, I am sure that 40 Mill went in his pocket as well.

Guest sicko2ndbest

The word 'conclude' within the statement gives me confidence that we are not too far away.

I hope to god we get it done in time for AS to get a few players in!

Guest Brazilianbob

This is rubbish if it wasn't for fans not going no well supported team would ever fear relegation because the board would know the fans would continue to turn up and that is probably why we are an impotent fan base because Ashley knows full well the majority can't help themselves.  If someone has the balls to stay away then well done I say.

Guest Geordiekev

Ok then so I guess the 44k that turned up last Wednesday are all wrong in doing so, we will never agree on the subject of stopping away so I guess it's best left alone.

We will wait and see what tomorrow brings then.  I'd like to know when the £22m or so from transfers will be deducted from the £39m overdraft.  I simply cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to pay MA anywhere near £100m and take on a £39m overdraft.

Fees won't have been paid upfront and most of cash received will have been spent paying wages.

This is rubbish if it wasn't for fans not going no well supported team would ever fear relegation because the board would know the fans would continue to turn up and that is probably why we are an impotent fan base because Ashley knows full well the majority can't help themselves.  If someone has the balls to stay away then well done I say.

What? ???  How about the £40m - £50m a season that comes from being in the Premiership?..

Ok then so I guess the 44k that turned up last Wednesday are all wrong in doing so, we will never agree on the subject of stopping away so I guess it's best left alone.

Don't think anyone is saying anyone should stay away, just that Ashley knows that too. If you where in his shoes which would look more attractive to you now?

1) Sell the club for 100 million and all the bad press that goes with it.

or

2) Keep Hughton as manager, bring in a few loan players and ship out the high earners and then sell next year for £200 million if we get promoted?

In my view he has no intention of selling to Moat, this is just a way to not invest in the club, and when he claims the deal collapsed due to a lack of funds it deflects bad press off him.

We will wait and see what tomorrow brings then.  I'd like to know when the £22m or so from transfers will be deducted from the £39m overdraft.  I simply cant believe anyone would be stupid enough to pay MA anywhere near £100m and take on a £39m overdraft.

Fees won't have been paid upfront and most of cash received will have been spent paying wages.

The club pays player wages (among other things) using the overdraft.

Guest Geordiekev

Don't think anyone is saying anyone should stay away, just that Ashley knows that too. If you where in his shoes which would look more attractive to you now?

1) Sell the club for 100 million and all the bad press that goes with it.

or

2) Keep Hughton as manager, bring in a few loan players and ship out the high earners and then sell next year for £200 million if we get promoted?

In my view he has no intention of selling to Moat, this is just a way to not invest in the club, and when he claims the deal collapsed due to a lack of funds it deflects bad press off him.

Option 1 for me but more likely he will break even and put the rest down to experiance. No gamble involved, if we don't get promoted then he stands to loose as he knows only too well how difficult the club has been to offload.

Origanally there was no overdraft, he has creamed his original buy money out of the overdraft, he put 134 Million to buy the club and apparently another 100 in to clear debt, we where in Prem for a year, netting him about 40-50 Mill, Parachute payment this year (about 15-20 Mill?) about 60-70 Million in transfer money and about 20 mill in outgoing transfers.

Club turnover and merchandies sales cover the players wages so he is laughing all the way to the bank. Only this year will the high earner eat into his club profits, that why we have seen £0 investment on any front (manager and players)

Guest Howaythetoon

In order for a deal to go through, some more players will need shifted from the books, that is what is holding up the sale of the club in my opinion, which has probably already been agreed in principle. It could be that selling Taylor, Jonas and Collocini (or two of the three) will be enough to satisfy Barclays. However Taylor doesn't appear ready and willing to leave while no-one has shown any concrete interest in our two Argies. Until one or two of those players get sold, the sale will drag on and on I feel. I doubt Shearer won't be returning as manager either as he would only return if certain players were kept and he was able to bring in some new players he had already checked out surely. By the time a sale comes round the transfer window will have slammed shut and the possibly up to 3 more of our 'stars' will have left for pastures new. Moat has already proved he has the actual funds to buy the club or rather meet Ashley's asking price as he wouldn't have gotten past due diligence which he has also obviously carried out. Seymour Pierce have also recommend Moat's bid and of course he and Ashley were sat together. What this all means for me basically is that everything is in place for a deal to be concluded, the money and the mutual agreement of SP, Moat and Ashley etc. All that remains is to satisfy Barclays who want to see the operating costs of the club brought down and of course some cash to flow through the coffers (and that means selling players) before facilitating that rather large overdraft that the club will require in order to pay the bills. I'm no ITK but I know for a fact that a few weeks back none of the players had been paid for a few weeks, hence the 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient which was their way of saying we want fucking paid or this is what you'll get.

Guest Dennis Carter

If enough people do it and the fat t*** is told exactly WHY they are doing it then hopefully he'd be bright enough to cut his losses and f*** off.

OK then you feel free to stay away... I'm sure you won't be missed, as for my flippant comments about protests, give me an example of a protest in the UK that actually won what it set out to do, I don't claim to know everything and accept that you may have a few examples but I only remember the likes of the miners strikes, swan hunters and the like and everyone only caused misery.

when that tart threw herself under the kings horse

Origanally there was no overdraft, he has creamed his original buy money out of the overdraft, he put 134 Million to buy the club and apparently another 100 in to clear debt, we where in Prem for a year, netting him about 40-50 Mill, Parachute payment this year (about 15-20 Mill?) about 60-70 Million in transfer money and about 20 mill in outgoing transfers.

Club turnover and merchandies sales cover the players wages so he is laughing all the way to the bank. Only this year will the high earner eat into his club profits, that why we have seen £0 investment on any front (manager and players)

I don't mean to take the piss at all mate, but you're about as wrong as you can be there.  I'm not going to get into this financial stuff tonight if I can help it, do a search on the forum for NUFC finances.  Just to give you an idea, if you think Ashley has made any money from the club simply because NUFC have brought lots of money in you're completely forgetting to consider the outgoings of the club, not least the £72m per year wage bill we had in the Premiership.  Last year revenue was £99m while outgoings were £129m, which meant a £30m loss that Ashley had to cover himself.

In order for a deal to go through, some more players will need shifted from the books, that is what is holding up the sale of the club in my opinion, which has probably already been agreed in principle. It could be that selling Taylor, Jonas and Collocini (or two of the three) will be enough to satisfy Barclays. However Taylor doesn't appear ready and willing to leave while no-one has shown any concrete interest in our two Argies. Until one or two of those players get sold, the sale will drag on and on I feel. I doubt Shearer won't be returning as manager either as he would only return if certain players were kept and he was able to bring in some new players he had already checked out surely. By the time a sale comes round the transfer window will have slammed shut and the possibly up to 3 more of our 'stars' will have left for pastures new. Moat has already proved he has the actual funds to buy the club or rather meet Ashley's asking price as he wouldn't have gotten past due diligence which he has also obviously carried out. Seymour Pierce have also recommend Moat's bid and of course he and Ashley were sat together. What this all means for me basically is that everything is in place for a deal to be concluded, the money and the mutual agreement of SP, Moat and Ashley etc. All that remains is to satisfy Barclays who want to see the operating costs of the club brought down and of course some cash to flow through the coffers (and that means selling players) before facilitating that rather large overdraft that the club will require in order to pay the bills. I'm no ITK but I know for a fact that a few weeks back none of the players had been paid for a few weeks, hence the 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient which was their way of saying we want f***ing paid or this is what you'll get.

Rubbish, if they players didnt get paid they could break there contracts and the club would be in Administration.

In order for a deal to go through, some more players will need shifted from the books, that is what is holding up the sale of the club in my opinion, which has probably already been agreed in principle. It could be that selling Taylor, Jonas and Collocini (or two of the three) will be enough to satisfy Barclays. However Taylor doesn't appear ready and willing to leave while no-one has shown any concrete interest in our two Argies. Until one or two of those players get sold, the sale will drag on and on I feel. I doubt Shearer won't be returning as manager either as he would only return if certain players were kept and he was able to bring in some new players he had already checked out surely. By the time a sale comes round the transfer window will have slammed shut and the possibly up to 3 more of our 'stars' will have left for pastures new. Moat has already proved he has the actual funds to buy the club or rather meet Ashley's asking price as he wouldn't have gotten past due diligence which he has also obviously carried out. Seymour Pierce have also recommend Moat's bid and of course he and Ashley were sat together. What this all means for me basically is that everything is in place for a deal to be concluded, the money and the mutual agreement of SP, Moat and Ashley etc. All that remains is to satisfy Barclays who want to see the operating costs of the club brought down and of course some cash to flow through the coffers (and that means selling players) before facilitating that rather large overdraft that the club will require in order to pay the bills. I'm no ITK but I know for a fact that a few weeks back none of the players had been paid for a few weeks, hence the 6-1 defeat to Leyton Orient which was their way of saying we want f***ing paid or this is what you'll get.

i have a bad feeling that your right :(

Guest Howaythetoon

Rubbish, if they players didnt get paid they could break there contracts and the club would be in Administration.

They did get paid eventually but it was very late, round about the time we played Leyton Orient.

They did get paid eventually but it was very late, round about the time we played Leyton Orient.

2+2=6.435

I don't mean to take the piss at all mate, but you're about as wrong as you can be there.  I'm not going to get into this financial stuff again if I can help it, do a search on the forum for NUFC finances.  Just to give you an idea, if you think Ashley has made any money from the club simply because NUFC have brought lots of money in you're completely forgetting to consider the outgoings of the club, not least the £72m per year wage bill we had in the Premiership.

We did have a high wage bill but you seriously think that merchandise, tv rights and gate reciepts didn't cover that? Don't make me laugh.

If the club was that much in the shit Ashley would be willing to sell for £1 and there wouldnt be any takers, get real, football clubs make a fortune, where we not 7th in the richest clubs list last year?