RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The Bort

We sholuld just stick up a huge sign that says

CLUB SOLD TOMORROW

thats the way things have been going all summer

Guest Geordiekev

Well sod it, I had planned to pop down to the ground for Wednesdays ticket but feel deflated at the prospect of that tosser remaining here, nothing I can do about my league games as they are paid for but I'll shit in my own nest before I purchase a cup ticket if that wanker remains here...

Anyways at the rate he is depleating our squad we best hope we get out of the cup runs asap if we are to plug away at a promotion fight..

Can't see the club being sold now. If Ashley is staying, it's in his interest (so he probably won't do it if past form is a guide) to bring in a few players (e.g. Lovenkrands, Campbell, etc.) to try to make sure we get promoted. This talk of 'taking the club off the market' is irrelevant. Man U, Chelsea, etc. aren't for sale but if someone offered the owners enough cash I'm sure they'd sell.

Sorry if this has been said or i have missed it in the 450 page thread but if Ashley stays is there no chance Shearer will come back in?

nah you'll be looking at the dregs of the football world for a manager.

Guest DavB93

What a pile of horse wank this is, just got in from work expecting us to be announcing new owners and come home to this..Like others if he stays I'll go to the league games as got my season ticket but no chance of me buying cup tickets.

Is there any chance that the announcement on Monday might be positive with regards to a takeover?

Yes it is possible that it could be a positive announcement.  A lot of people on here have put two and two together though . . . and made about 42 (HHGTTG) . . .

Myself, I think the odds are about 60/40 in favour of the announcement saying "XXX will be taking over WEF xxx".

So, 60/40  -  what do the rest of you think?

Is there any chance that the announcement on Monday might be positive with regards to a takeover?

imo, yes! I don't see any wrong in staying positive that it might be a takeover on monday. I've been excited, had my ups and downs all the summer, so I can hang on till Monday, no problem. And I think everybody should, even the realists, critics and pessimists, cause there no need or point in suffering and throwing away a good, relaxing weekend!

Edit: and there no need predicting anything, we've all seen how accurate predictions and IKTs are :lol:

Guest Geordiekev

Press release:

After months of trying to find a suitable buyer Mike Ashley has came to the conclusion that he will remain at Newcastle United BUT will sell a majority share to local millionaire Barry Moat (a front runner in the sale saga), Mr Moat was unable to secure the funds in full due to the current financial climate so an alternative option had to be sought, both Mike Ashley and Barry Moat agreed that this was the best and only way forward, Barry Moat intends to take over full control at a later date when cash flow fails to be a stumbling block.

Sadly Alan Shearer has refused to enter into contention to lead the players in their quest for promotion and was quoted "At this present time I wish to remain at the BBC and will not be commenting on any further situation at St. James Park until such time I see fit, someday I will return but this will have to be on my terms and alongside a individual director that I can place my trust upon".

Steven Taylor also finds his exit as the curtain closes on yet another saga saying "I remained hopefull until the end but sadly due to a poor working relationship with my bosses I feel I have no further future here, It breaks my heart to have to draw a close on my career at the football club I have supported since I was old enough to chant it's name (infact my favorite baby grow was one that sported black and white stripes and a great big blue star on the stomach) but the threat of being benched and the club touting me about like a cheap pair of Nike Air Max on the shelves of a well known budget sports retailer, I am left with no other option".

So as the fog decends on the Tyne the outlook is a little bleak, can Moat do enough now with 5 days remaining in the transfer window or will his new buisness partner carry on as usual... only time will tell..

Damn I hope I can be proving wrong and that all of the above is just me watching to many episodes of the X Files a few year back,

Headlines I'd like:

Ashley sells to local Millionaire Moat

Moat in partnership with Shearer to get North East club back on right track..

The Simpsons extra returns to defending Springfield in Argentina as his international teamate finds his form and gets a brace to open his account with the Geordies.

Steven Taylor welcomes ex-England defender and looks forward to building a solid working relationship on the field.

In related news ex Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is quized by Scotland Yard in connection with fradulent transfers involving Spanish clubs, Newcastle United vindicated of any involvement. The trio of Mike Ashley, Derek Llambias and Dennis wise are currently under arrest charged with the above and await further questioning, should they be found guilty then the three men could be subjected to a jail term and assets removed due to illegal gains, the Inland Revenue are also awaiting a response from the three parties involved..

Yes it is possible that it could be a positive announcement.  A lot of people on here have put two and two together though . . . and made about 42 (HHGTTG) . . .

Myself, I think the odds are about 60/40 in favour of the announcement saying "XXX will be taking over WEF xxx".

Still clinging on that this will be positive 50/50 though

Guest Wally_McFool

For at least the 63rd time we are  getting told that there will be  yet  another announcement in a few days in which we will undoubtedly be told that there will be another announcement in a few days.

Fuck Right Off .

It's so difficult to tell with all the misleading stories over the past few weeks, but I would go for

70/30

stay/takeover

I would probably put it higher than 70 for staying, but I'm still confused as to why the announcement has been set for Monday rather than just announcing it today. I could understand the delay in annocuning he was staying if we were playing at home on Saturday, but we're not  :neutral:

Still clinging on that this will be positive 50/50 though

So . . so far we have had a 60/40, 40/60 and 50/50 (average 50/50) - so people are not as "negative" as some posts have seemed . . .

Guest Wally_McFool

I think that we have been led down the garden path too often by Ashley and co to trust them.

Its best getting the thought in your head that Ashley is staying, will not spend 1 penny more than he has to,  is going to continue selling players and that O'Leary or Kinnear will be coming in as boss.

By doing this at least you wont be disappointed if and when this happens.

The press seem to be staying quiet on which way he will go. I expected them all to be reporting he will announce the club is of the market, but as of yet they seem to think it is still possible we will be taken over.