RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Really, I don't get why people give any claims of the ITK crap, listen take it with a pinch of salt and see what happens, inevitably the person will be proved right or wrong.

been saying that for years about most sports journalism.

Guest The gaffer

People on Toon Talk made it up to get more visitors.

Are you just pretending to be a idiot. The information on both sites come from reliable sources, we just happened to be first one to run it.

Are you just pretending to be a idiot. The information on both sites come from reliable sources, we just happened to be first one to run it.

Can you link to the original thread please?

Guest Iron_Duk3

Because they are just talking about getting more members from the interest generated from being the first to report the rumour. I dont understand how that means they have made the whole story up. Do you see what I'm saying?

Guest GodOfRods

Nah, that was 6.15pm. The people on the thread confirm that the server time is wrong.

What he said!!!

I know someone who works at the club in operations, Lambais has been at the club today with Lee Charnley and clubs solicitors, he has been told by a senior source that the takeover would be completed within the next three days, it is a consortium from Dubai, he thinks it may be DIC, they are busy completing the terms of agreement within the next 24hours. There is no truth in this Iranian guy taking over

That's the first time it was posted anywhere from what I can see. Someone posted something similar on Skunkers too apparently.

It's probable that nearly everything stemmed from there.

Guest The gaffer

Why threads like this then?

http://toon-talk.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3746

Look mate you got no idea what your talking about, that threads stems from conversations we have had in the past about our lack of activity on newsnow. You cant just make assumption after reading 1 thread. Our board is small in numbers compared to this one, but all the lads on there are honest good lads. One of our admin got the information and I posted it, it bound to generate members, you'd be a idiot if you thought other wise.

Bit confused myself like but I dont think they started the rumour but they (toon-talk.net) wanted to be the first to pass on the rumour to get exposure for their site and new members.

The guy Obi on their forum claims to have heard it from someone at the club that he trusts completely (much like Thomo).

Obi on toontalk is a reliable source.

Look mate you got no idea what your talking about, that threads stems from conversations we have had in the past about our lack of activity on newsnow. You cant just make assumption after reading 1 thread. Our board is small in numbers compared to this one, but all the lads on there are honest good lads. One of our admin got the information and I posted it, it bound to generate members, you'd be a idiot if you thought other wise.

We'll find out on Tuesday then won't we? :cheesy:

I see a board notorious for dealing in the worst kind of rumours, I see a thread which makes much more sense in the context of the story being complete bunkum and I jumped to conclusions. I'd apologise but you've conducted yourself like an arsehole.

http://i30.tinypic.com/24payv5.gif

Wildcard, bitches.

Guest The gaffer

I see a board notorious for dealing in the worst kind of rumours, I see a thread which makes much more sense in the context of the story being complete bunkum and I jumped to conclusions. I'd apologise but you've conducted yourself like an arsehole.

http://i30.tinypic.com/24payv5.gif

Wildcard, bitches.

How? we got information and ran it like every footballing website does. We dont do rumours. We started that website because we couldnt deal with the policing of other nufc websites, we do what we wanna do and say what we wanna say.

We are getting loads of abuse over it and I dont no why, like dave says as long as its true who gives a flying fuck.

Guest The gaffer

Still quite surprised none of the rags have mentioned this so far, considering the Vialli bollocks they printed.

Its because they know nowt, perhaps it might have broke if wor bob hadn't been taken..

Guest Iron_Duk3

All that seems to have happened is that someone has misunderstood some of the postings on the toontalk site and read them as meaning that they made the sale rumours up just to get new members and a load of people have believed this person. The Toontalk lads are clearly a bunch of opiniated sons of bitches (in the nicest sense!) but they dont pretend to be anything else and they certainly dont deserve the stick they are getting about making this rumour up. Go and read their site and read it in the context of they heard a rumour and wanted to be the first to post it to generate publicity and new memebers for their site - then it will all make sense!