RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest pont-toon

So, its back to hoping Freddy Shepard is out Lard and Master to save the club again?

......back to reality

Well the rumour mentioned "a few days" and I definitely feel that the press literally dont have a clue.

I have deliberately told myself not to get over excited about this particular rumour but for myself I will give it until Thursday and if nothing has broken just accept it was 100% bollocks.

Basically none of us should believe a single thing until it happens. It will make life a whole lot more bearable

Exactly thats my attitude from the start.  At this current point everything is still pure bullshit to me, and I don't care how deluded some of the fairyboys in here are, I ain't joining them.

Oh, and:

No one knows anything, from Shearer down. Here is an extract from a recent conversation with a Newcastle player:

Question: What have you heard?

Answer: Nothing.

Q: What have you been told?

A: Nothing.

Q: What’s the mood like?

A: It’s all right. It’s obvious which lads want to go and who wants to stay.

Q: So what do you think?

A: Well, what do you think? It’s a mess, isn’t it? Shambles.

But a load of people on the internet 'know'. :lol:

Hows it a 'load' of people?  It's a couple isn't it? Who've told others?

Nothing has changed since we first heard the rumour and everyone is now dismissing it?

I'm not saying it's true, but the papers not picking up on it means **** all, they never know anything man.  :lol:

That's generally how knowledge is spread.

You seemed to imply the takeover is common knowledge and yet the papers don't know?  Well, no, not true, some people have started a 'rumour' which others have heard.

You seemed to imply the takeover is common knowledge and yet the papers don't know?  Well, no, not true some people have started a 'rumour' which others have heard.

The papers clearly trawl the net for rumours, hence the Vialli rubbish they printed. Yet none of them believe this...

You seemed to imply the takeover is common knowledge and yet the papers don't know?  Well, no, not true some people have started a 'rumour' which others have heard.

The papers clearly trawl the net for rumours, hence the Vialli rubbish they printed. Yet none of them believe this...

What you saying though?  The papers must think this is too far fetched?  After the Vialli rumour?!?!

The fact that they printed the Vialli rubbish and not this,,, don't it mean this dubai crap is even more bullshit?

The fact that they printed the Vialli rubbish and not this,,, don't it mean this dubai crap is even more bullshit?

How can something by more bullshit than bullshit?  :dowie:

How can something by more bullshit than bullshit?  :dowie:

bullshit squared ?

What you saying though?  The papers must think this is too far fetched?  After the Vialli rumour?!?!

You reckon not one of the hundreds of journalists or any of their contacts know anyone as high up within NUFC as some people on a handful of internet forums?

As I said before, I hope I'm wrong about it, I truly do. But I see no reason why it's any more believable than any of the other false dawns we've had from supposedly 'rock solid ITKs'.

You reckon not one of the hundreds of journalists or any of their contacts know anyone as high up within NUFC as some people on a handful of internet forums?

As I said before, I hope I'm wrong about it, I truly do. But I see no reason why it's any more believable than any of the other false dawns we've had from supposedly 'rock solid ITKs'.

Dave is bang on like, even the media seem so sick of the made up crap that they are not bothering to run this story. If it did make the press in a big way then at least it could be denied and we could move onto the next rumour.

Anyone care to fill me in on the latest? Last I saw was something about the Iranian bloke (only saw the thread title on here like). Is Thomo our only source about this Dubai consortium?

For the sake of simplicity: yes.

I'll admit it seems strange that the journos haven't picked up on it.  Having said that, I don't think they've suddenly developed some moral code that would stop them writing unfounded rubbish.  Nothing stopped them with the Vialli rumour and I don't think anything's changed, maybe they've just missed it?  :undecided:

I know there have been many false dawns but have we ever had ITKs so sure?  Coupled with the lifting of an alleged 'embargo' it gives me hope.

But that's it, hope.  :no:

So what would that tell us though?  They clearly didn't have a clue back then and just latched on to any rumour going, so why not this one?

Actually the Vialli thing was known to be false from the start on the net, so it was probably when it started spreading like wild fire via text that they picked up on it.

Even the embargo was only a rumour. I agree there is more hope than usual, but for some reason I'm just not feeling the excitement with this one.

The sudden transfer activity has definitely added to the speculation though

Whats thrown a curve ball on this one is that Thomo's posts are written very eloquently and for some reason seem very believable.

He could of course just be a very good WUM  :undecided:

Just because someone is eloquent, does not make them anymore believable.  Politicians are prime examples.

Whats thrown a curve ball on this one is that Thomo's posts are written very eloquently and for some reason seem very believable.

He could of course just be a very good WUM  :undecided:

Just because someone is eloquent, does not make them anymore believable.  Politicians are prime examples.

Politicians have benefits to gain from lying, why would Thomo do it?  All he's had is people giving him grief.  :lol: