RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It still baffles me that the club have absolutely no communication with the fans.  If they're hoping to flog all the season tickets and the merchandise they're rolling out, surely they would want to assure us everything possible is being done and tell us if there is actually any progress in what they're doing.

In the current situation, we have an under-half-filled stadium and no one is buying the new shirts, surely this must hit home that they HAVE to do everything physically possible to get the fans on their side?!

I'm completely sick now.  When we went down I was optimistic that we could get that cockney c*** out and rebuild from the ground up, but 3-4 days before the first fixture of the new season and we're in worse shape than ever!  How we've sold 15,000 season tickets (let alone the rumoured 25,000) I will never know!

Well it's about fucking time we call the cunts bluff!

Spend nothing until he has to accept any offer he gets. Got to a point now where we can't damage the club anymore than he has, so hit him in the pocket.

But none of the money we put into the club goes into his pocket.  All it will achieve is to hurt the club even more financially and make it even harder to sell.

Think it will make him sell it at a more realistic price tbh.

The lack of that income will mean he'll have to dig into his own pocket to cover the cost of running the club.

He'll either get shot to whatever is the highest bid or take us into administration, at this point administartion looks more attractive than having him still at the helm.

Teasy - how do you know that the s/t and Martins' cash isn't going straight out of the club into Ashley's back bin?

Because he never has before and doing so would only make the final sale price less anyway so he gains nothing by doing so.

It still baffles me that the club have absolutely no communication with the fans.  If they're hoping to flog all the season tickets and the merchandise they're rolling out, surely they would want to assure us everything possible is being done and tell us if there is actually any progress in what they're doing.

In the current situation, we have an under-half-filled stadium and no one is buying the new shirts, surely this must hit home that they HAVE to do everything physically possible to get the fans on their side?!

I'm completely sick now.  When we went down I was optimistic that we could get that cockney c*** out and rebuild from the ground up, but 3-4 days before the first fixture of the new season and we're in worse shape than ever!  How we've sold 15,000 season tickets (let alone the rumoured 25,000) I will never know!

Well it's about f***ing time we call the c***s bluff!

Spend nothing until he has to accept any offer he gets. Got to a point now where we can't damage the club anymore than he has, so hit him in the pocket.

But none of the money we put into the club goes into his pocket.  All it will achieve is to hurt the club even more financially and make it even harder to sell.

This is the thing, we as fans did this before and it didn't get us anywhere, he didn't sell the club before so doing the same now will probably have the same effect!  I really don't want to buy the new 3rd shirt, which I really like, just because it's money going to that fat cockney c***!

The upsetting thing now is that with Sir Bobby passing away, a lot of shirts will be sold in his memory, and unfortunately all that money is gona go to that fat c***!

Well it's about f***ing time we call the c***s bluff!

This is the thing, we as fans did this before and it didn't get us anywhere, he didn't sell the club before so doing the same now will probably have the same effect!  I really don't want to buy the new 3rd shirt, which I really like, just because it's money going to that fat cockney c***!

The upsetting thing now is that with Sir Bobby passing away, a lot of shirts will be sold in his memory, and unfortunately all that money is gona go to that fat c***!

That was just a protest though, there were threats to not buy anything but that's all it was just threats.

If he see's we're are not fucking around this time it may get his lardy arse into gear.

Teasy - how do you know that the s/t and Martins' cash isn't going straight out of the club into Ashley's back bin?

Because he never has before and doing so would only make the final sale price less anyway so he gains nothing by doing so.

The better answer was 'because thats embezzlement and against the law'.

The lack of that income will mean he'll have to dig into his own pocket to cover the cost of running the club.

He'll either get shot to whatever is the highest bid or take us into administration, at this point administartion looks more attractive than having him still at the helm.

Administration would probably be better for us then Ashley staying, but I don't see that ever happening since its bad for Ashley.  I'm also unsure what he'd do if fans stopped putting money in to force him out.  He'd probably then face even lesser offers for the club due to a worse financial situation, would his stuborness allow him to accept on of them?

Surely he could get around that though if he really wanted?  Maybe pay off part of his loan to the club with club money.  Like I said I don't see much point in it though.

Administration would probably be better for us then Ashley staying, but I don't see that ever happening since its bad for Ashley.  I'm also unsure what he'd do if fans stopped putting money in to force him out.  He'd probably then face even lesser offers for the club due to a worse financial situation, would his stuborness allow him to accept on of them?

I don't see him having any other choice other than to accept an offer.

Surely he could get around that though if he really wanted?  Maybe pay off part of his loan to the club with club money.  Like I said I don't see much point in it though.

He could do but thats not him profiting really.

He could do but thats not him profiting really.

I agree, I said that in my post :)

No its not and no it isn't.

Go on then...

Guest sicko2ndbest

If someone had brought the club for 100mil they would have pretty much made over a quarter back from the following sales

Martins 10mil

Bassong 12mil

Beye 3mil

Jonas 6mil

Colo 6mil

and by reinvesting 15mil back on new players

Cox (3mil)

Beckford (4mil)

S. Hunt (4mil)

A Defender (4mil)

Guest Lets Dance

The assumption here is that Ashley makes rational business decisions. When has he ever shown football business nounce. He's a gambling man. It wouldnt surprise me if the offers he is receiving are so low that he is prepared to gamble on us being promoted this season despite not investing in the squad or perm manager.

Talking through your arse. I think its a bit irresponsible coming on here and inisinuating to fans that Ashley could take the 9m from Martins and just put it into his personal bank account.

After the shit our fans have put up with this summer, they deserve better than some fucknut coming on here and stirring up thoughts which are blatantly bollocks.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Talking through your arse. I think its a bit irresponsible coming on here and inisinuating to fans that Ashley could take the 9m from Martins and just put it into his personal bank account.

After the s*** our fans have put up with this summer, they deserve better than some fucknut coming on here and stirring up thoughts which are blatantly bollocks.

Dosnt the owner OWN the rights to the player similar to how a car owner OWNS the log book to a car. If that car is sold the money is given to the owner.

Whats different about a player?

I think Barclays would have something to say if Ashley was dividending out cash on player sales while they had money out to club. Anything that will comes in will go straight to them (or more likely, a ring-fenced account controlled by Barclays who will take their money out as an when required).

Ashley won't personally get a penny.

Guest sicko2ndbest

LOL

We Made It up To Publicise The Website….       

Written by Baldy McBald   

Tuesday, 04 August 2009 17:37 

….is most probably what some people are thinking about now in response to the rumour that we passed published on Sunday night.

In truth that was never the case, one of our founding members of this site merely passed on some information that he had been told from a good and reliable source. The lad in question did not even want the information posted as an atricle, but some of us wanted to share (what we considered to be) a reliable rumour of hope in these dark times for the club. Even now, as Tuesday draws near to a close, I still hold some hope that there is valididty in the information, that discussions are taking place in closed rooms, that new ownership of our club is imminent, and my hope is not without foundation….please bare with me.

Less than a week ago our exhalted Chairman (Mr Lambsarse) publicly declared that he expected the club have new owners "probably within the next week", the sentiments were echoed (and a date given) by the information received by Obi, coincidence? Maybe?

The self imposed transfer ebargo has apparently been lifted in recent days, Oba Martins has moved on for good money and it appears that Beye and Bassong may not be too far behind him. Is this a sign of advancing discussions? Again, maybe?

We have seen a deluge of differing stories of takeover in the last few days, from Iranian businessmen, to diamond miners supplied by Sir John Hall, to Dubai royalty. This is no different from the dozens of rumours that we've heard all summer right? Apart from these have all come in the last two days, and none have been met with any comment, official or otherwise…..no smoke without fire? Maybe?

I hold out hope that we are not too far from a resolution to this torture, I think that there is some creedance and validity to the current crop of rumours, but deals of this size are notoriously delicate, and frought with complications. When you consider the rapidly shrinking options for Fat Mike is left with as every day passes then surely the sale of the club, sooner rather than later, is the proverbial corner that he has backed himself into. If this goes on much longer he wont be able to afford a ticket into the half empty stadium to watch his own team.

On a side note, I'm more than glad that as a result of running the story on Sunday that we have attracted a few more posters to the message board. Most seem like decent lads, who will appreciate being able to express their frustrations and (hopefully) joys in an unimpeded environment…and if any of them are mongs then they'll provide some amusement for our more errrr…..lively memebers.

WWW.TOON-TALK.NET