RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

As long as they have enough money to f*** Ashley off and do a little initial business (appointing a manager etc), how much money they have to burn is completely irrelevant if the club is run correctly.

We know this from Ashley's tenure ffs.

May we be hypothetical for just a moment.

This man "Moat" is appointed. We get Shearer in, take 5m from Martins deal and potential 5m from Bassong, and invest that in Player X,Y, and Z. We get promoted to the Premier League. How do we improve on the bunch of muppets that got us promoted to stop a repeat of the season 2 back.

Hire a good manager rarher then a shit one and spend the huge sums of money this club generates (13th highest turnover in world Football with no European Football and finishing 12th in the Premiership) on good players instead of highly paid shit.  This club can sustain itself and compete financially if run well (not with plastic clubs like Chelsea and Man City but most others).  Like others have said the likes of Wigan have done it and the money they generate would probably fit inside our revenue at least twice.

There's also two major financial incentives for any owner to get us back in the Premeir League at the first pop (Well 3 if you count TV money)

Sponsorship deal runs out at the end of the season with Northern Rock

Shirt Deal with Adidas runs out in 2010/11 season

If we're back in the Premier League, both should be good for a nice windfall towards new players

Which is a good sign he look after the acadamy if he takes control of the club.

Yup, one of the things I actually liked with the Ashley regime was buying younsters.

Ignoring the first team was obviously a big problem though.  :colo:

who the f*** is this guy.  Barry who the f***?

when i heard the name Moat,  the guy Meat Loaf kept appearing in my head for some reason.

Barry f***ing Moat.   f***ing barry the f***ing secondhand car dealer. 

I'm optimistic about this..Ashley and Lambrusco sound quite pally with Mr. Moat.

Yup, Llambias being kept on by Moat should ensure a nice and smooth transition. O0

I meant as regards Ashley selling to him as opposed to Fred,whom he clearly wouldn't.

here's the tit.

http://img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00861/Barry_Moat_280x390_861108a.jpg

He's a cross between Shane Warne and Diddy David Hamilton tbh.

yeah  :snod:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/05/joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-mike-ashley-michael-owen

Moat fronts the American bid.  Has this been mentioned?

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in long negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, a box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who is believed to have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder. If the sale goes through, it could be good news for Alan Shearer, who took over as temporary manager for the last eight games of last season and is keen to lead the club back to the Premier League. Moat was chairman of Shearer's testimonial committee.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/aug/05/joe-kinnear-newcastle-united-mike-ashley-michael-owen

Moat fronts the American bid.  Has this been mentioned?

Keith Harris, Seymour Pierce's executive chairman, has been involved in long negotiations with a group fronted by Moat, a box-holder at St James' Park. Moat, who is believed to have backing from the United States, is now regarded as Harris's preferred bidder. If the sale goes through, it could be good news for Alan Shearer, who took over as temporary manager for the last eight games of last season and is keen to lead the club back to the Premier League. Moat was chairman of Shearer's testimonial committee.

I'm half expecting to wake up tomorrow morning and read: "Bill Clinton flies to Newcastle, rescues NUFC."