RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kirkpatrick9

Why is our club not selling? Our supporter catchment area extends well outside the city limits so surely we have at least a handful of multi multi millionaires who could buy our club out individually or as a consortium?

yes, there are supporters outside newcastle, me being one of them, but geordies dont seem to like non geordies (eg: 'cockney mafia banner')

yes, newcastle seems a great investment, but everyone would be nervous, facing the constant wrath of 'newcastle' supporters....

Horeshit, there is no such difference between the behaviour of one group and another if they faced the same.

The only thing that is different though, is that at Newcastle you get 50000 and at another club 30000.

To be fair, I'm from Norwich and I went to the Newcastle Valencia game for my 21st last year and the people at the ground were fine, chatty and pleasant, but as soon as you got outside of the stadium area, you go back to being "dirty southerners" again!

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

Someone listens to Talk Sport and reads too much Louise Taylor.

The only people who spout that shite are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

Unfortunately the guy has a point, our perception outside of the area is really poor. We are now seen as the kneejerk Geordies that will snap and protest at the slightest thingand don't like hearing a bad word said about us.

As i said at the time protesting was the daftest idea going. Not only would it achieve absolutely jack all, it would give us a really poor image to anyone that had even considered managing/owning us.

The only people who spout that shite are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

:sadnod:

Exactly. Ask Rob Lee, Malcolm Macdonald or Les Ferdinand what we think of Londoners.

Why is our club not selling? Our supporter catchment area extends well outside the city limits so surely we have at least a handful of multi multi millionaires who could buy our club out individually or as a consortium?

yes, there are supporters outside newcastle, me being one of them, but geordies dont seem to like non geordies (eg: 'cockney mafia banner')

yes, newcastle seems a great investment, but everyone would be nervous, facing the constant wrath of 'newcastle' supporters....

You have to be a WUM.

As inaccurate as it is in reality, it's also the reality that a lot of people outside of the area hold that view of us thanks to the media.

I assume Liverpool and Man Utd have a poor image too seeing as they have protested far more against their ownership than we have?

The context is entirely different as both Liverpool and Man Utd also get a huge amount of positive press which outweighs the negative in most people's minds, especially outside of the UK. If all people get to see is a club "constantly in turmoil", with fans protesting outside the ground and holding banners inside it then that's what they're going to use to base their opinion of us on. Given that, it's hardly surprising that a lot of people have a negative opinion of the club and it's fans.

The frustrating thing is that both the club and us lot are constantly moaning about how we're represented in the media, yet no-one ever takes that into consideration before they do stuff, we always give them the opportunity to take the piss and then get pissed off when they do. People need to develop some media awareness if they want things to change and sadly there's no sign of that happening in the near future.

I think that's his point entirely. He's not saying that's what he thinks himself he's saying that's what other people think and it's for exactly the reasons you've identified.

Guest Wally_McFool

With regards to the comment about our perception outside the area, heres  a scousers fan perception of geordies from a Liverpool board (for what its worth).......

It's your own fault, with 50,000-odd of you in  your stupid infantile reaction to every situation, demanding new managers every six months, nobody is good enough to play for the mighty toon, we're a massive club (well in Northumberland anyway), so good that Macdonald and Gascoigne both exited pronto.

You lot have driven this once-respected club to the point of oblivion with your constant carping and damning of nearly every manager except the slightly doddery Keegan and worsheera who actually wasn't a messiah.

(Sometimes) I have nowt better to do at work than read footy forums and I have to say that lots of footy fans seem to have this opinion of Newcastle fans these days.

With regards to the comment about our perception outside the area, heres  a scousers fan perception of geordies from a Liverpool board (for what its worth).......

It's your own fault, with 50,000-odd of you in  your stupid infantile reaction to every situation, demanding new managers every six months, nobody is good enough to play for the mighty toon, we're a massive club (well in Northumberland anyway), so good that Macdonald and Gascoigne both exited pronto.

You lot have driven this once-respected club to the point of oblivion with your constant carping and damning of nearly every manager except the slightly doddery Keegan and worsheera who actually wasn't a messiah.

Clichétastic!

The only people who spout that s**** are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

I think that's his point entirely. He's not saying that's what he thinks himself he's saying that's what other people think and it's for exactly the reasons you've identified.

Maybe I have the wrong end of the stick Indi, but I can't see what he was getting at with the protests comment.

People look at these protests and see people whinging, but they don't understand them.

As Wullie mentioned, others protest more than us, Newcastle fans by their nature have historically struggled to get together en-masse for  a protest.

The Scouser clearly knowsfuck all outside of stealing hubcaps.

Guest Heneage

I assume Liverpool and Man Utd have a poor image too seeing as they have protested far more against their ownership than we have?

But they are totally different entities to us. They've won trophies, they have history, they have stars. I'm sure you know with any business the sale is based on it's pro's and con's. A team with average players on big wages, no success or anything close to for 5-10 years, managers constantly changing, and fans that will protest if it doesn't go there way. You could find buyers for Liverpool and Manchester United 100x quicker than us.

Couldn't give a fuck what other fans think of us as it's the same old record played out by almost every single one of them thinking they know our club and our fans inside-out. It's all recycled rubbish from the influence of the media and everybody jumps on the bandwagon.

Guest Wally_McFool

Couldn't give a fuck what other fans think of us as it's the same old record played out by almost every single one of them thinking they know our club and our fans inside-out. It's all recycled rubbish from the influence of the media and everybody jumps on the bandwagon.

Absolutely, and one of the main influences and sources of the shite written  and said about NUFC is from those daft twats at SSN.

Pretty ironic that you mentioned her.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/06/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-joe-kinnear

Guest Heneage

The only people who spout that s**** are the lazy journos who don't have a clue about the area.

Thank you Indi, that is exactly my point. The press in the UK have so much power, as Napoleon said "I fear the newspapers more than a thousand bayonets."

Many times we do shoot ourselves in the foot by doing things that just play into the hands of a Journalist wanting to write about "Soap Opera Tyneside."

I mean you look at Gerrard for a prime example, by all accounts he beat up a DJ, you know if that wasn't "England star Stevie G" they'd have had a field day.

Guest Wally_McFool

Unfortunately Mike Ashley and his cohorts failed miserably to step up to the plate. In the process they have brought a wonderful football club to its knees.

LOUISE WROTE THAT..... FUCK ME!  :coolsmiley:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2009/aug/06/newcastle-united-mike-ashley-joe-kinnear

TBF Dave, that;s not too bad an article. Apart for the Ssshteve Mac bit.

She's improved a little bit recently, still despise her though.

Kezman - are we not allowed to do certain things just because they may, at times, fall into a lazy stereotypical image?

Kezman - are we not allowed to do certain things just because they may, at times, fall into a lazy stereotypical image?

she's started taking it easy on us because we're no longer a threat.

Guest kirkpatrick9

But they are totally different entities to us. They've won trophies, they have history, they have stars. I'm sure you know with any business the sale is based on it's pro's and con's. A team with average players on big wages, no success or anything close to for 5-10 years, managers constantly changing, and fans that will protest if it doesn't go there way. You could find buyers for Liverpool and Manchester United 100x quicker than us.

No club has ever won a trophy giving time to an incompetent manager.

she's started taking it easy on us because we're no longer a threat.

You need to think like a Mackem - we're always a threat, it's in their genes that they are inferior in every way.

Guest Heneage

No club has ever won a trophy giving time to an incompetent manager.

How do you know he's incompetent if you never give him a chance. Ferguson didn't win anything for a while at Man Utd if I remember right. You can't just keep chopping and changing it does no good what so ever, as it puts managers off because they think what's the point I'll get no time and come out with a blot on my CV.

Thomson, name me one example of when a club in the Premier League has protested with success, I can name a fair few that have fallen on their arses by doing it. It gains you nothing, did we sell the club when we protested ? No, did Wise go? Not till a fair few months after. All it does is make the fans look like a mob, and then the fact the protest was organized so poorly, spelling boycott wrong, just made us a laughing stock.

You have to accept that this club is perceived as a haven for drama, both on and off the pitch. Why didn't we get together a group like the NUSC and say Mr Ashley may we have a meeting, there are way too many kneejerk fans who think it's better to just chant crap outside the ground instead of using their brain. It's not ideal I know, we should be given a fair representation but we won't so realize that and adapt.

Guest sicko2ndbest

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205225/Geordie-hero-Shearer-boss-Newcastle-days.html

Geordie hero Shearer back as boss of Newcastle 'within days'By Rob Draper

Last updated at 8:58 PM on 08th August 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories  Waiting in the wings: Former boss Shearer

Alan Shearer could return as Newcastle manager as early as next week — but only if owner Mike Ashley is willing to accept a £70million offer for the club from Geordie businessman Barry Moat.

As Newcastle came from behind to draw 1-1 with West Bromwich yesterday on the opening day of the Championship season, Ashley, whose name was repeatedly abused by travelling fans, was flying in from Hawaii to finalise negotiations, with Keith Harris — who is conducting the potential sale — confident the deal can be completed within days.

Newcastle dropped Joey Barton to the bench after reports of an altercation with

temporary manager Chris Hughton and Moat is keen to get Shearer, who was at The Hawthorns yesterday as a BBC analyst, before the transfer window closes, so the club can buy players better suited to a promotion campaign.

Shearer said: ‘If someone comes in and buys the football club and wants me as manager and everything is right, and they want to get the club back up to the Premier League, then I would dearly love the chance to finish what I started last season. Other than that, you have to believe me when I say I don’t know anything.’

The decision will depend on Ashley’s attitude when he meets Seymour Pierce chairman Harris this week, who will present him the terms of Moat’s bid for the club.

But Ashley wants at least £90m and may yet decided to stay at the club for another year.

Shearer added: ‘I am still here, still in limbo. I don’t know any more than anyone else. But I want it sorted either way because of the love of the football club.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1205225/Geordie-hero-Shearer-boss-Newcastle-days.html

Geordie hero Shearer back as boss of Newcastle 'within days'By Rob Draper

Last updated at 8:58 PM on 08th August 2009

Comments (0) Add to My Stories  Waiting in the wings: Former boss Shearer

Alan Shearer could return as Newcastle manager as early as next week — but only if owner Mike Ashley is willing to accept a £70million offer for the club from Geordie businessman Barry Moat.

As Newcastle came from behind to draw 1-1 with West Bromwich yesterday on the opening day of the Championship season, Ashley, whose name was repeatedly abused by travelling fans, was flying in from Hawaii to finalise negotiations, with Keith Harris — who is conducting the potential sale — confident the deal can be completed within days.

Newcastle dropped Joey Barton to the bench after reports of an altercation with

temporary manager Chris Hughton and Moat is keen to get Shearer, who was at The Hawthorns yesterday as a BBC analyst, before the transfer window closes, so the club can buy players better suited to a promotion campaign.

Shearer said: ‘If someone comes in and buys the football club and wants me as manager and everything is right, and they want to get the club back up to the Premier League, then I would dearly love the chance to finish what I started last season. Other than that, you have to believe me when I say I don’t know anything.’

The decision will depend on Ashley’s attitude when he meets Seymour Pierce chairman Harris this week, who will present him the terms of Moat’s bid for the club.

But Ashley wants at least £90m and may yet decided to stay at the club for another year.

Shearer added: ‘I am still here, still in limbo. I don’t know any more than anyone else. But I want it sorted either way because of the love of the football club.’

"Newcastle dropped Joey Barton to the bench after reports of an altercation with

temporary manager Chris Hughton and Moat is keen to get Shearer, who was at The Hawthorns yesterday as a BBC analyst, before the transfer window closes, so the club can buy players better suited to a promotion campaign."

Probably the worst bit of writing you'll find in the papers this weekend.

Worse segue ever.  :cheesy: