RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

From what David Craig has said the next thing I am expecting is the sale of more players. If Mike is insisting on getting £100 million then this is only going to be possible if the wage bill is reduced quite significantly.  This has likely been the battle all summer. Getting rid of expensive players who are not attracting too much interest. The season is about to kick off though and clubs will be getting desperate now so it will be interesting to see what happens this week.

How can this shit still be worth £100m? We have sold £20m of assets!

But we sold them for £20m cash.  To the extent that has come in immediately, these sales have not reduced the club's value £1.  To the extent the money is payable in the future, it's reduced the club's value only by the difference between the sale price of asset(s) and the present value of the future payment. 

The only other reduction would be some nebulous reduction in "goodwill" or "prestige" by not having highly-valued players on the book, but you'd also have an increase in the value of the club by removing the present value of the players' wages for the remainder of their contract from the "liability" side of the books.

'Put up £100 million and the club is yours.'

Er, nobody is putting it up Mike. And you've forgotten the overdraft and the wagebill people have to sort out.

Can anyone hazard a guess at why anyone would believe the club not decreasing in value by the day?

It'll be like Baghdad in a few years time as we pull down a big Ashley statue he himself comissions and puts up in 2011 to honour himself.....Shoes off for the toon etc...

Guest Vincent V

Nailed on more players will be sold, Jonas and Colo will go and reckon Tyals will be sold to along with Jose and maybe Smith or Butt.

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney cunt S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

Nailed on more players will be sold, Jonas and Colo will go and reckon Tyals will be sold to along with Jose and maybe Smith or Butt.

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney c*** S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

Too harsh on Taylor. He's not good enough for League 1? Do you really mean that?

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney cunt S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

OH OH my WUM sesnor has just gone mental WUM ALERT WUM ALERT.

I can't get over the fact he thinks he can appear on Saturday as if everything is fine, I really hope he does appear, because if people react the way I think they will he'll be selling the club for 1 pound on Monday, never mind 100 fuckin million.

I'm really getting the feeling (mystic meg style in her waters) that we will be f***ed over by fat man.

?

Like he has'nt already done so

:lol:

When has he ever fucked us over?

Are we on about the same fat man?

I can't get over the fact he thinks he can appear on Saturday as if everything is fine, I really hope he does appear, because if people react the way I think they will he'll be selling the club for 1 pound on Monday, never mind 100 fuckin million.

He'll need an army of bodyguards. It will ruin what atmosphere there will be too.

Selling Jonas,  Sideshow and the cockney c*** S Taylor would be a good thing as all three are utter rubbish and would struggle in League 1

This man, he talka de bollocks,  Taylor's a decent cb who plays well when he has someone good next to him.  Jonas hasn't become a bad player over night he just isn't used properly, his passings decent he'd work well just off the strikers and Colo just isn't suited to the english game.

I'm really getting the feeling (mystic meg style in her waters) that we will be f***ed over by fat man.

?

When has he ever f***ed us over?

Mike Ashley?

?

Mike Ashley?

Aye... he has fkd us over from the very day he bought the club

I seriously doubt Taylor will be going anywhere and I have a feeling Smith might stay, not sure about Jonas but I'd certainly like us to try to keep him.  Hopefully we can sell Coloccini and I'd be delighted to see Butt leave the club, also it has to be a priority to remove Geremi from the wage bill.  We would then be in a position to more then cover the loss in revenue from being relegated (£25-£30m drop in wages plus 25m-30m in transfer fee's)

?

Mike Ashley?

How?  ???

It's not been his fault.

I seriously doubt Taylor will be going anywhere and I have a feeling Smith might stay, not sure about Jonas.  Hopefully we can sell Coloccini and I'd be delighted to see Butt leave the club, also it has to be a priority to remove Geremi from the wage bill.  We would then be in a position to more then cover the loss in revenue from being relegated (£25-£30m drop in wages plus 25m-30m in transfer fee's)

Thing is them wanting to stay and being able to stay is the problem, if Everton do sell Lesscott hen I reckon Moyes will bid for Taylor, if we get a half decent bid for Smith Ashley will take it.

Jonas, Colo and Jose will all jump at the chance to leave if one comes up, all this will happen if Ashley keeps the club he gets money in and lowers the wage bill, ideal for him.

I'm starting to think you're actually an urban myth, everything you've said in here recently has been completely ludicrous.

So two Argentina internationals and the England Under 21's captain aren't good enough for League 1? Really?

?

Ok, he would double and treble bum us then.  :lol:

?

Mike Ashley?

How?  ???

It's not been his fault.

Its not been his fault?? 

[move] :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems: :mackems:[/move]