RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There should be no protests on Saturday. They do f*** all. Just turn up watch the game and support the f***ing team.

Good post.

A token protest will suffice, such as some boos (I'm sure boo boo and his hanger-on mates are experts at this) when he takes his seats is good enough, after that it's time to support the team properly. There needs to be an atmosphere to lift the players, not one to send them into some kind of shell and had the initiative to Reading.

if there is to be any chanting against him i just hope hope its after the final whistle after support has been given to the team. however should we go a goal down i doubt many would be able to contain themselves (it's been a sign of the last few years that the crowd trying to get the team going after conceding has all but disappeared).

in a perverse way i'd like to hear the crowd in a raucous "theres only one mike ashley" type thing and get him with humour as even he'd realise we were taking the piss.

..............walking in trackie bottoms wonderland.

It would be quite amusing if we could co-ordinate to give everyone in the East Stand a piece of card. Just before the start when MA is taking his seat, everyone hold them up and it spelt "Fat Cockney Bastard"

I honestly don't think he'll turn up, not this week anyway, unless it's accompanying the new owners.

There should be no protests on Saturday. They do f*** all. Just turn up watch the game and support the f***ing team.

Good post.

A token protest will suffice, such as some boos (I'm sure boo boo and his hanger-on mates are experts at this) when he takes his seats is good enough, after that it's time to support the team properly. There needs to be an atmosphere to lift the players, not one to send them into some kind of shell and had the initiative to Reading.

if there is to be any chanting against him i just hope hope its after the final whistle after support has been given to the team. however should we go a goal down i doubt many would be able to contain themselves (it's been a sign of the last few years that the crowd trying to get the team going after conceding has all but disappeared).

in a perverse way i'd like to hear the crowd in a raucous "theres only one mike ashley" type thing and get him with humour as even he'd realise we were taking the piss.

..............walking in trackie bottoms wonderland.

We love you Lonsdale, we do..........................

I think it'd be a good idea to sign pro-Ashley songs as the media would go mental.  Problem is alot of the fans around whoever started probably don't understand this type of humour and would probably deck said person.

I think cheer the lads before and during the game, then start the chants at full time.  We should add some humour into our chants though to keep us entertained and show the world that whatever goes on we'll still be supporting the team.

Erm, all this anti ashley stuff maybe best left until he decides not to sell again.  If the club is in the process of a possible sale it might not do us any good to kick up a fuss.

Once he says he cant sell it, then maybe start up again.

I think it'd be a good idea to sign pro-Ashley songs as the media would go mental.  Problem is alot of the fans around whoever started probably don't understand this type of humour and would probably deck said person.

I think cheer the lads before and during the game, then start the chants at full time.  We should add some humour into our chants though to keep us entertained and show the world that whatever goes on we'll still be supporting the team.

Chanting Sports Direct waving your trainers in the air, or we could twirl a pair of tracksuit bottoms instead of the free scarves...............................

Guest Roger Kint

It would be quite amusing if we could co-ordinate to give everyone in the East Stand a piece of card. Just before the start when MA is taking his seat, everyone hold them up and it spelt "Fat Cockney b******"

I honestly don't think he'll turn up, not this week anyway, unless it's accompanying the new owners.

How about regaining some credibility by not labelling him as a cockney just this once?

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

Why don't we just sing I predict a riot by The Kaiser Chiefs, would scare the hell out of the stewards if say 10000 people sang it

I like that one :thup:

Why don't we just sing I predict a riot by The Kaiser Chiefs, would scare the hell out of the stewards if say 10000 people sang it

I like that one :thup:

(black and) white riot by the clash is a bit angrier.

Guest Roger Kint

What is he waiting for then? If he isn't selling, then get on and appoint a manager and bring in some players. Surely it is that simple.

Isnt this where the Friday dealine nonsense comes in?

What is he waiting for then? If he isn't selling, then get on and appoint a manager and bring in some players. Surely it is that simple.

He's waiting for the transfer deadline to pass. Give it another couple of weeks.

Another friday deadline?

IF its only £10 million difference between Ashley and Moat, surely there would be someone who could stump up that to have a say at boardroom level. Obviously nobody buying wants Ashley yo be taking the piss, but 10mil ffs!

Guest Roger Kint

Another friday deadline?

Yeah its on Page zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of this thread ;D

IF its only £10 million difference between Ashley and Moat, surely there would be someone who could stump up that to have a say at boardroom level. Obviously nobody buying wants Ashley yo be taking the piss, but 10mil ffs!

It's Ashley putting more and more obstacles in the way, pretty sure he has no intention of selling and probably never has.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Ashley could theoretically sell off all the top players:

Martins 9mil

Bassong 9mil

Beye 3mil

Barton 4mil

Colo 4mil

Smith 3mil

Enrique 5mil

Jonas 5mil

Xisco 2mil

Butt 1.5mil

Nolan 3mil

Pocket the 50mil and sell the club for 50mil with a very low wage bill

Martins 9mil

Bassong 9mil

Beye 3mil

Barton 4mil

Colo 4mil

Smith 3mil

Enrique 5mil

Jonas 5mil

Xisco 2mil

Butt 1.5mil

Nolan 3mil

unless those prices dropped further i think we'd be subsidisning their wages at their new clubs.

I agree SuperToon. I was speaking to someone yesterday and we were talking about Ashleys intentions. I'm coming round to the opinion that he never intended to sell and this has all been a smokescreen so he didn't have to spend any money. His value might have been deliberatly unrealistic to put off bidders. The only thing against this idea I can think of is that he's still been paying players and didn't sell players earlier in the window.

Guest Roger Kint

Martins 9mil

Bassong 9mil

Beye 3mil

Barton 4mil

Colo 4mil

Smith 3mil

Enrique 5mil

Jonas 5mil

Xisco 2mil

Butt 1.5mil

Nolan 3mil

Who the hell is going to buy the club with 8 or 9 senoir players in it at this point of the season? Jesus thats logistically and realistically impossible to rebuild an entire squad in the next 19 days. And that assumes immediate sale. Worst. Theory. Ever!

As if Ashley can just take £50m out of the club man :lol:

It's still a UK business. I'm no expert but surely HMRC would be on him like a shot if he tried something like that?