RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest DavB93

Why is anyone even remotely excited about this. If it's true and I think by now we can only really assume it's not. It talks about a man who clearly hasn't got the funds, trying to borrow the money to buy the club. TBH can't see this guy being any better than Ashley.

He has an emotional attachment to the club

That will do for me tbh

The Glazers borrowed money to buy Man Utd and Liverpools owners borrowed the money too...don't see any harm in this...can't do us anymore harm than has already been done by Ashley

Why is anyone even remotely excited about this. If it's true and I think by now we can only really assume it's not. It talks about a man who clearly hasn't got the funds, trying to borrow the money to buy the club. TBH can't see this guy being any better than Ashley.

its hope

Better than nothing.

Let's not forget that for all his faults (and don't get me wrong, there are f***ing MANY of course), so far the Taylor sale, the Duff sale, the Jonas sale, the taking the club off the market, the appointment of O'Leary, the non-appointment of O'Leary and the appointment of Kinnear are only rumours too. Yet everyone seems to be taking those as certainties.

Hope for what though, this guy doesn't have the money, do we really want to return to the pre Hall days where we were run by little two bit local businessmen who had no ambition and no idea how to run a football club. I'm not saying Ashley has any either and that Moat is not an improvement on him but it's hardly heralding the dawn of a great new age at the club.

What do you mean by 'the money' though? If we were attractive to one of these (non-tight as fuck) billionaires we'd have been snapped up months ago. As I say above, SP wouldn't be giving the Moat bid their supposed backing if he couldn't provide proof of funds.

We're scraping the barrel, but that's all we've got any more.

Guest sicko2ndbest

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

f*** me, how long is this s*** going to drag on for.

Mr Barclay...please say yes.

Congratulations

Guest sicko2ndbest

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

f*** me, how long is this s*** going to drag on for.

Mr Barclay...please say yes.

Congratulations

On what?

Mr 400

(see page 300 :))

Very sensable article Moat is the only option yet he don't have te whole money. He needs some debt from the Barclay in order to finance the deal.  Even though he waits the answer from the bank Ashley is giving him some time. As the same time Ashley is preparing for the worst case scenario if the club is not sold he has to hire some one and that some one is not a sheet metal son.

I'd imagine he has the backing in the medium to long-run (or he wouldn't have SP's blessing), but needs cash up front to satisfy Ashley who wants to cut all ties immediately.

I believe the main point of the problem is the current overdraft in which Ashley refuse to finance since the end of last season. I assume reading the article and based on my finance classes that over draft is a separate issue than the 100 million Ashley required. I think the 100 million deal is done and dusted but they have to  figure out how they fianace the rest 40 million if they come up with some sort of agreement the deal will go through on Thursday other wise it will be squre one and one more season with Ashley and JFK.

So this will be a personal loan to Moat, fkn hell its a big debt to have, rather lend it off the bank than lend it off Ashley?

Will it fuck. :lol:

What will he put it on then? not a loan to the club as he don't own it and the club owes them a fortune anyway

So this will be a personal loan to Moat, fkn hell its a big debt to have, rather lend it off the bank than lend it off Ashley?

What will he put it on then? not a loan to the club as he don't own it and the club owes them a fortune anyway

It'll be to some business group, like when Ashley formed St James Holdings.

That will do for me tbh

The Glazers borrowed money to buy Man Utd and Liverpools owners borrowed the money too...don't see any harm in this...can't do us anymore harm than has already been done by Ashley

They both had world renown products and already sucessful teams behind them. That's a world away from what we have. It will take considerable funds to repair the damage to the squad. It will take considerable funds to pay off his debt. Where's that money coming from ? The Business lost money and a lot of it last year. The only way he can pay off his debts is to sell more assets. The hope is Shearer will find gems, that we can flog for more cash because there are not too many assets left atm. He has to make money in the short term to pay off the loan he's took on, he's got to do that with an ailing business who's never managed to turn a profit in recent memory.

Aye but all on Moats head at the end of the day, wonder what terms Ashley wanted if he had offered him a loan.

Aye but all on Moats head at the end of the day, wonder what terms Ashley wanted if he had offered him a loan.

Pay the rest in a year I guess. Moat's bid probably realises that at this stage there's absolutely no guarantee (or chance?) of us going straight back up.

That will do for me tbh

They both had world renown products and already sucessful teams behind them. That's a world away from what we have. It will take considerable funds to repair the damage to the squad. It will take considerable funds to pay off his debt. Where's that money coming from ? The Business lost money and a lot of it last year. The only way he can pay off his debts is to sell more assets. The hope is Shearer will find gems, that we can flog for more cash because there are not too many assets left atm. He has to make money in the short term to pay off the loan he's took on, he's got to do that with an ailing business who's never managed to turn a profit in recent memory.

I know what your getting at, however, this will be a marked improvement on what we currently have.

No direction, no leadership, no money and no players.

Pay the rest in a year I guess. Moat's bid probably realises that at this stage there's absolutely no guarantee (or chance?) of us going straight back up.

Mid table in January then strengthen would do me.

400 pages. :laugh:

Who will be the first to complain?

1/2 on Otter.

I was looking for a post I made in this thread around page 150 or so, that I predicted we would get to page 440 before being sold, I thought I was just being my usual miserable bastard but guess I was being a tad optimisitic there. I gave up my search, since I've posted so much crap between then and now.