RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I heard last night that Moat has about £60m and that Ashley has agreed to act as guarantor on the remaining funds needed to buy the club. He (Moat) has supposedly put down a deposit and solicitors/accountants are drawing up the cotracts as to who owes what under different scenarios.

It all sounds a bit complex to me, just passing on what I've been told.

I heard last night that Moat has about £60m and that Ashley has agreed to act as guarantor on the remaining funds needed to buy the club. He (Moat) has supposedly put down a deposit and solicitors/accountants are drawing up the cotracts as to who owes what under different scenarios.

It all sounds a bit complex to me, just passing on what I've been told.

Here we go again  :frantic:

Guest sicko2ndbest

OK boys, looks like it is on.

Ashley at training ground, announcing to the players that the takeover is done.

Hughton in charge for SW game, Shearer to take up the reins on thursday.

Taylor to stay, Barton and Collocini to go

Campbell and Lvenkrands in

Beckford in by next week plus three other signings already lined up.

Carver and Lee to the club next week, Hughton to stay, Calderwood to go

I hope to god you are right.

OK boys, looks like it is on.

Ashley at training ground, announcing to the players that the takeover is done.

Hughton in charge for SW game, Shearer to take up the reins on thursday.

Taylor to stay, Barton and Collocini to go

Campbell and Lvenkrands in

Beckford in by next week plus three other signings already lined up.

Carver and Lee to the club next week, Hughton to stay, Calderwood to go

I hope to god you are right.

I thought all that was bollocks man

Hughton denied Ashley was there about the club takeover, he was just there to sign some paperwork for the duff sale.

Its worrying if Moat is struggling to get £100m together, where the f***s the money for transfers?

We may be happy to get Moat now (or "to get RID of Ashley", more like) but THIS (a lack of real big money) is something we are very likely to very soon find to be very frustrating.

Its worrying if Moat is struggling to get £100m together, where the f***s the money for transfers?

We may be happy to get Moat now (or "to get RID of Ashley", more like) but THIS (a lack of real big money) is something we are very likely to very soon find to be very frustrating.

How?

We have spent next to fuck all in the time ashley's been here.  So much for this billionare bollocks.

I would imagine he'll do what most other clubs do and borrow it.

Exactly. I don't know why people are still clinging to this thought that whoever buys us has to have a shitload of cash. Shepherd never had a shitload of cash (yes, I know he went overboard at the end). Ashley still does have a shitload of cash. It means nothing.

It's about the ambition to move the club forward, not their bank balance.

Exactly. I don't know why people are still clinging to this thought that whoever buys us has to have a shitload of cash. Shepherd never had a shitload of cash (yes, I know he went overboard at the end). Ashley still does have a shitload of cash. It means nothing.

It's about the ambition to move the club forward, not their bank balance.

And in that regard I'm still rather worried that Moat is a bit...flakey. :undecided:

Who's to say once Moat gains control he can't be on the search for investors in the club?

I suppose if Ashley wants the full whack back for the club his best interests would be to let Moat buy a % of the club off Ashley now and they both try to move it back to the prem where then Moat could buy the remainder. Give Moat position of Chairman and let him choose his managment team.

Either way I can see this dragging on for another 2-3 weeks easily.

If the club has no debt when he takes over I guess all the money the club brings in the club can use to buy players etc. When we were in the Premiership our turnover was £100m I think so theres a pretty large wod of cash to spend on wages and transfers.

I know that's a very simplistic way of looking at things but it does mean the club could run itself. Especially with the new income from the foreign tv rights which starts next season I think.

What about this as a possible scenario?

Moat pays the deposit, Ashley guarantees the loan and once Moat takes over, Shepherd comes in with his investment and the money goes straight to Ashley. We all know Ashley would not sell to Shepherd directly, but who is to know if FS isnt going to support Ashley indirectly once Ashley turns the club over to Moat.

Stranger things have happened.

No more news from my friends regarding what I relayed earlier this week. I guess we just have to wait and see and be even more patient.

Moat pays the deposit, Ashley guarantees the loan and once Moat takes over, Shepherd comes in with his investment and the money goes straight to Ashley. We all know Ashley would not sell to Shepherd directly, but who is to know if FS isnt going to support Ashley indirectly once Ashley turns the club over to Moat.

No more news from my friends regarding what I relayed earlier this week. I guess we just have to wait and see and be even more patient.

I actually woke up with that thought this morning.

If the club has no debt when he takes over I guess all the money the club brings in the club can use to buy players etc. When we were in the Premiership our turnover was £100m I think so theres a pretty large wod of cash to spend on wages and transfers.

I know that's a very simplistic way of looking at things but it does mean the club could run itself. Especially with the new income from the foreign tv rights which starts next season I think.

Yes, we have always been (until last year) one of the clear "big five" earners amongst UK football clubs and in the top 10/15 in the world.  So, we should (if we get back in the Prem) very soon become 'self-sufficient' for transfers, again.  That is one (of many) things about "Billionaire Ashley" that confuses me. Having made the initial investment (to buy the club) as a billionaire you would have expected he would have (desperately) 'wanted to' add some of his own money to our own large earned income (whether we were making 'net' profits or losses, in any given year) which would have made us 'awash' with transfer money.  But, it didn't happen. Quite the reverse.

Endlessly, Sir John Hall stressed how important it was for us to 'speculate to accumulate' and to invest to make sure we were at or near the very top of the Premier League, all of the time, so that we were in position when the inevitable European Leagues were set up.  This subject has (yet again) re-emerged this week, with Wenger sounding very liike SJH, as he talks about the 'inevitability' of the arrival of a European League.

Ashley?

Now, our 'ambitions' (and those of supporters, particularly young-uns who have arrived on the scene in the last 5 or 10 years) are . .  er . . . somewhat less grand . . .  (and NO, "somewhat less grand" does not mean the same thing as "more realistic", it just means "somewhat less grand"!)

Yes, we have always been (until last year) one of the clear "big five" earners amongst UK football clubs and in the top 10/15 in the world.  So, we should (if we get back in the Prem) very soon become 'self-sufficient' for transfers, again.  That is one (of many) things about "Billionaire Ashley" that confuses me. Having made the initial investment (to buy the club) as a billionaire you would have expected he would have (desperately) 'wanted to' add some of his own money to our own large earned income (whether we were making 'net' profits or losses, in any given year) which would have made us 'awash' with transfer money.  But, it didn't happen. Quite the reverse.

Endlessly, Sir John Hall stressed how important it was for us to 'speculate to accumulate' and to invest to make sure we were at or near the very top of the Premier League, all of the time, so that we were in position when the inevitable European Leagues were set up.  This subject has (yet again) re-emerged this week, with Wenger sounding very liike SJH, as he talks about the 'inevitability' of the arrival of a European League.

Ashley?

Now, our 'ambitions' (and those of supporters, particularly young-uns who have arrived on the scene in the last 5 or 10 years) are . .  er . . . somewhat less grand . . .  (and NO, "somewhat less grand" does not mean the same thing as "more realistic", it just means "somewhat less grand"!)

Put it this way. If Ashley had left the debt and had paid off the £4m a year as we had been doing and instead put the £200m he's now lost into player buys we'd probably be looking at Champions League football again rather than Championship football.

It seems inevitable to me that if Moat buys the club Shepherd will be involved somewhere along the line.