RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What about this as a possible scenario?

Moat pays the deposit, Ashley guarantees the loan and once Moat takes over, Shepherd comes in with his investment and the money goes straight to Ashley. We all know Ashley would not sell to Shepherd directly, but who is to know if FS isnt going to support Ashley indirectly once Ashley turns the club over to Moat.

Stranger things have happened.

No more news from my friends regarding what I relayed earlier this week. I guess we just have to wait and see and be even more patient.

It seems inevitable to me that if Moat buys the club Shepherd will be involved somewhere along the line.

So Moat is a Shepherd 'Trojan Horse'?

Moat pays the deposit, Ashley guarantees the loan and once Moat takes over, Shepherd comes in with his investment and the money goes straight to Ashley. We all know Ashley would not sell to Shepherd directly, but who is to know if FS isnt going to support Ashley indirectly once Ashley turns the club over to Moat.

No more news from my friends regarding what I relayed earlier this week. I guess we just have to wait and see and be even more patient.

It seems inevitable to me that if Moat buys the club Shepherd will be involved somewhere along the line.

Shudder, Moat is Shepherds condom.

Guest The Libertine

:thup:

Its worrying if Moat is struggling to get £100m together, where the f***s the money for transfers?

We may be happy to get Moat now (or "to get RID of Ashley", more like) but THIS (a lack of real big money) is something we are very likely to very soon find to be very frustrating.

If the club has no debt when he takes over I guess all the money the club brings in the club can use to buy players etc. When we were in the Premiership our turnover was £100m I think so theres a pretty large wod of cash to spend on wages and transfers.

I know that's a very simplistic way of looking at things but it does mean the club could run itself. Especially with the new income from the foreign tv rights which starts next season I think.

Yes, we have always been (until last year) one of the clear "big five" earners amongst UK football clubs and in the top 10/15 in the world.  So, we should (if we get back in the Prem) very soon become 'self-sufficient' for transfers, again.  That is one (of many) things about "Billionaire Ashley" that confuses me. Having made the initial investment (to buy the club) as a billionaire you would have expected he would have (desperately) 'wanted to' add some of his own money to our own large earned income (whether we were making 'net' profits or losses, in any given year) which would have made us 'awash' with transfer money.  But, it didn't happen. Quite the reverse.

Endlessly, Sir John Hall stressed how important it was for us to 'speculate to accumulate' and to invest to make sure we were at or near the very top of the Premier League, all of the time, so that we were in position when the inevitable European Leagues were set up.  This subject has (yet again) re-emerged this week, with Wenger sounding very liike SJH, as he talks about the 'inevitability' of the arrival of a European League.

Ashley?

Now, our 'ambitions' (and those of supporters, particularly young-uns who have arrived on the scene in the last 5 or 10 years) are . .  er . . . somewhat less grand . . .  (and NO, "somewhat less grand" does not mean the same thing as "more realistic", it just means "somewhat less grand"!)

Put it this way. If Ashley had left the debt and had paid off the £4m a year as we had been doing and instead put the £200m he's now lost into player buys we'd probably be looking at Champions League football again rather than Championship football.

Yes, that is very very probable.  What a thought!! 

Guest Nige_S4

Why is it that anyones suggestion quickly gets taken as gospel/fact within half a page?  :rolleyes:

It seems to be "fact" that Fat Fred in behind Moat.......

Guest antz1uk

Its worrying if Moat is struggling to get £100m together, where the f***s the money for transfers?

We may be happy to get Moat now (or "to get RID of Ashley", more like) but THIS (a lack of real big money) is something we are very likely to very soon find to be very frustrating.

If the club has no debt when he takes over I guess all the money the club brings in the club can use to buy players etc. When we were in the Premiership our turnover was £100m I think so theres a pretty large wod of cash to spend on wages and transfers.

I know that's a very simplistic way of looking at things but it does mean the club could run itself. Especially with the new income from the foreign tv rights which starts next season I think.

Yes, we have always been (until last year) one of the clear "big five" earners amongst UK football clubs and in the top 10/15 in the world.  So, we should (if we get back in the Prem) very soon become 'self-sufficient' for transfers, again.  That is one (of many) things about "Billionaire Ashley" that confuses me. Having made the initial investment (to buy the club) as a billionaire you would have expected he would have (desperately) 'wanted to' add some of his own money to our own large earned income (whether we were making 'net' profits or losses, in any given year) which would have made us 'awash' with transfer money.  But, it didn't happen. Quite the reverse.

Endlessly, Sir John Hall stressed how important it was for us to 'speculate to accumulate' and to invest to make sure we were at or near the very top of the Premier League, all of the time, so that we were in position when the inevitable European Leagues were set up.  This subject has (yet again) re-emerged this week, with Wenger sounding very liike SJH, as he talks about the 'inevitability' of the arrival of a European League.

Ashley?

Now, our 'ambitions' (and those of supporters, particularly young-uns who have arrived on the scene in the last 5 or 10 years) are . .  er . . . somewhat less grand . . .  (and NO, "somewhat less grand" does not mean the same thing as "more realistic", it just means "somewhat less grand"!)

Put it this way. If Ashley had left the debt and had paid off the £4m a year as we had been doing and instead put the £200m he's now lost into player buys we'd probably be looking at Champions League football again rather than Championship football.

Upon the sale of the club, there was the 100m loan that had to be repaid back to the halls/banks, cant remember which it was, if it wasnt for his incompetence maybe he could have refinanced that loan as the liverpool owners have down (obviously nowhere near that scale) and possibly the same as what Moat is looking at now with the overdraft

just because the money had to be paid back upon sale of the club, as with when any other property/business changes hands, this doesnt mean you can't refinance it, instead he went and put 100m more of his own money in other than just borrowing it (but then again we dont know the exact levels of debt as it has been said that the levels we had were unserviceable)

i would imagine that was his intention when he bought it at first, buy the club, pay the repayments and invest 20m per year, but when he did buy it without due dilligence he got some nasty shocks...

for all he's an idiot and shown to be totally incompetent, i dont believe he bought us to ruin us, it's just been one nightmare after another, unfortunately, throw the fact that he's known to be a totally stubborn twat and horrible to deal with has made everything so much worse

As Shepherd and Moat are quite literally next door neighbours, and given Shepherd has at least £40m at his disposal, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be involved in some way.

As Shepherd and Moat are quite literally next door neighbours, and given Shepherd has at least £40m at his disposal, it's hard to see how he wouldn't be involved in some way.

Agree - although he's never put his hand in his pocket on club business before. Quite the opposite in fact....

Plus I'm not sure he personally has that sort of wealth, the money for the Shepherd shares went to a company called Shepherd Offshore which he owns 50:50 with his brother Bruce.

Ashley?

Upon the sale of the club, there was the 100m loan that had to be repaid back to the halls/banks, cant remember which it was, if it wasnt for his incompetence maybe he could have refinanced that loan as the liverpool owners have down (obviously nowhere near that scale) and possibly the same as what Moat is looking at now with the overdraft

just because the money had to be paid back upon sale of the club, as with when any other property/business changes hands, this doesnt mean you can't refinance it, instead he went and put 100m more of his own money in other than just borrowing it (but then again we dont know the exact levels of debt as it has been said that the levels we had were unserviceable)

i would imagine that was his intention when he bought it at first, buy the club, pay the repayments and invest 20m per year, but when he did buy it without due dilligence he got some nasty shocks...

for all he's an idiot and shown to be totally incompetent, i dont believe he bought us to ruin us, it's just been one nightmare after another, unfortunately, throw the fact that he's known to be a totally stubborn t*** and horrible to deal with has made everything so much worse

You sure ? I thought the main loan was the loan for the stadium build which was costing £4m a year and covered by our club stating to the bank they would sell 28,000 season tickets each year. Don't think the halls left any money in.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I would like to know the 'outside' finance that Moat has. Anyone involved in owning/financing a club needs to be passed by the football league as i understand. I hope this has already been done or it could be another unnecessary delay

Guest The Libertine

So another deadline comes and goes without any positive developments. Ashley must be ready to take us of the market.

sarcasm?

So another deadline comes and goes without any positive developments. Ashley must be ready to take us of the market.

sarcasm?

No, we heard that this would be the week ( Wednesday deadline) that we would either be sold, or taken off the market, and yet here we are again we nothing happening. We have a squad that will continue to get smaller the longer this drags on, it needs sorting now, one way or another.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Heard from where?, some rag?

Exactly, no one knows. Those quotes attributed to DL in the Sun along with the Sirous story are obviously bullshit.

I fail to see how a deal that has been on the go for nearly 3 months will suddenly be done in the next 10 days.

Heard from where?, some rag?

Exactly, no one knows. Those quotes attributed to DL in the Sun along with the Sirous story are obviously bullshit.

I fail to see how a deal that has been on the go for nearly 3 months will suddenly be done in the next 10 days.

Well you would surely expect that if someone has been trying to takeover us for 3 months then they are pretty close now.

Well isn't that muppet Roberts speaking to the club today?  I can't believe they'd complete the Moat deal without at least listening to that willy first.

Hopefully by now they know he's full of shit and Moat's deal will conclude tomorrow.