RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

thats a non story by lee, would any of us expect ashley to spend big money (btw what is defined as big money?)

To Ashley or most football clubs in general? ;D

If we're still top two then logically it would be sensible for Ashley to invest a bit in January in order to try and rubber-stamp promotion, not to mention building squad strength for the following season. of course he's a total buffoon so he won't even attempt. in fact i wouldn't be surprised if we made a profit in January and came out of it weaker then before.

Guest toonlass

Reminds me of that film where the Baseball team owner dies and his missus decides to buy a load of shite players to get the team to finish last so she can relocate them to somewhere nicer. And they find out about it and start winning each game and win the league.

Guest Roger Kint

Reminds me of that film where the Baseball team owner dies and his missus decides to buy a load of s**** players to get the team to finish last so she can relocate them to somewhere nicer. And they find out about it and start winning each game and win the league.

Tom Selleck/Charlie Sheen? Major League i think

Is the man actually a complete fucking numpty? (Daft qurstion I know). Say he keeps the club until the end of the season to double his money. He keeps virtually the same squad bar the odd change and we some how scrape over tahe finish line. Then what? Some potential buyer is going to turn round and say: "Oh look there's a club that isn't in the best place financially and has a playing squad likely to get relegated during the following season, I'll pay £200 million for it".

Not only is every potential buyer going to run off at the sight of such a ridiculous price but we're likely to be in for another season of disaster on the field. This team has already proven it isn't good enough to stay in the Premier League and no amount of team spirit is going to improve that, unless Hughton recently learned how to perform miracles.

The building needs to start in January. Not only will this freshen us up for the remainder of this season but it will give us a platform to build on in the summer. Oh I give up, rant over.

Is the man actually a complete f***ing numpty? (Daft qurstion I know). Say he keeps the club until the end of the season to double his money. He keeps virtually the same squad bar the odd change and we some how scrape over tahe finish line. Then what? Some potential buyer is going to turn round and say: "Oh look there's a club that isn't in the best place financially and has a playing squad likely to get relegated during the following season, I'll pay £200 million for it".

Not only is every potential buyer going to run off at the sight of such a ridiculous price but we're likely to be in for another season of disaster on the field. This team has already proven it isn't good enough to stay in the Premier League and no amount of team spirit is going to improve that, unless Hughton recently learned how to perform miracles.

The building needs to start in January. Not only will this freshen us up for the remainder of this season but it will give us a platform to build on in the summer. Oh I give up, rant over.

actually if we did get promoted as we are i think we'd be in a financially healthy position as the wage bill is way down on what it was last season

Is the man actually a complete f***ing numpty? (Daft qurstion I know). Say he keeps the club until the end of the season to double his money. He keeps virtually the same squad bar the odd change and we some how scrape over tahe finish line. Then what? Some potential buyer is going to turn round and say: "Oh look there's a club that isn't in the best place financially and has a playing squad likely to get relegated during the following season, I'll pay £200 million for it".

actually if we did get promoted as we are i think we'd be in a financially healthy position as the wage bill is way down on what it was last season

So's the ability in the team. We haven't got rid of the wasters who've never done well for us despite high wages, they're all still here. We'll need to invest massively if we go up and want to stay up.

just did a search for star foundation and came up with this little ditty

Star Foundation - A Site for Lost Causes

sounds about right   ??? :yikes:

Were you in bannatynes after the Bristol game?

yes

Furthermore, at the Bristol game were you sitting near the front of the Gallowgate end?

Reminds me of that film where the Baseball team owner dies and his missus decides to buy a load of s**** players to get the team to finish last so she can relocate them to somewhere nicer. And they find out about it and start winning each game and win the league.

Tom SelleckTom Berenger/Charlie Sheen? Major League i think

FYP.

It'll be reduced further by Geremi's departure and possibly Butt's too. I do think though he's right in a sense that we need to start planning for that first season back in January's window. How strong or not our position is by the start of the window, should shape what we do. Unfortunately, the bloke hasn't got a clue and we won't be sold, so who knows.

Guest toonlass

FYP.

Aye that's it. Has a little baseball car, always wanted to drive that like,  :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

FYP.

Aye that's it. Has a little baseball car, always wanted to drive that like,  :lol:

Ahhh so it was ;D

Guest ToonBart

Toonbart, I have already said that nowt is going to happen by the weekend.

But you are not the wise one, grasshopper.

Guest toonlass

Toonbart, I have already said that nowt is going to happen by the weekend.

But you are not the wise one, grasshopper.

Trust me, I know nothing will happen before the weekend. You see if I am wrong.  O0