RIP sale thread.

Tooj
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Well I thought the club had already "confirmed" that they had received bids of £100m and then that they had received a bid just short of 100m and then that they had a agreement with Moat but the overdraft had to be sorted with the bank and that was the hold-up. 

Now he wants £80m! 

Just more confusing statements from Ashley to muddy the waters.  Who knows what to believe.

I think the previous 'bids' have been the 100m over a perio of time. The quotes yesterday means he wants 80m upfront as opposed to 100m over x amount of years

GOLD & SULLIVAN!!! FFS!!! Relegation, employed a manager none of the board seem to like, signed players the manger knew fuck all about, travel to games from London, sold there club for £80 million..........they tick all  the boxs like.

It wont be long before some are putting Sulaiman Al-Fahim around as a good shout.

My mate reckons Moat has the £100mill and has always had it, the fact is that he is not willing to pay that much for a Championship side with a still huge wage bill and debt. Said he was told this by someone involved with Moat :itk:

:lol:

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year. If you can’t pay upfront to buy the club, you can’t afford it.

The bit in bold is what I picked up on, to me it reads as though he's trying to sell himself as the better option to run the club as he's the one with the money than instead if Moat takes over we're struggle financially.

Ashley said: I have to put £20m a year into the club I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year. If you cant pay upfront to buy the club, you cant afford it.

The bit in bold is what I picked up on, to me it reads as though he's trying to sell himself as the better option to run the club as he's the one with the money than instead if Moat takes over we're struggle financially.

But what good is that if he won't invest in the team and appoint a proper manager. 

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.

Is this even true?  Don't we make a little less than £1m a match from gate receipts (or did in the PL anyway)?  Add that to merchandise etc. and I'd say the fans put more money into the club than Ashley.

Ashley said: I have to put £20m a year into the club I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.

Is this even true?  Don't we make a little less than £1m a match from gate receipts (or did in the PL anyway)?  Add that to merchandise etc. and I'd say the fans put more money into the club than Ashley.

What's more ridiculous is that he even thinks he needs to mention it.

It's not a competition ffs, who cares if he puts more money in than the fans; he's still a fucking failure.

Ashley said: “I have to put £20m a year into the club — I spend more than every other fan put together puts into the club each year.

What's more ridiculous is that he even thinks he needs to mention it.

It's not a competition ffs, who cares if he puts more money in than the fans; he's still a f***ing failure.

Exactly.  He gets more annoying by the day.  When he first wanted to sell we got his gay heartfelt apology and he's taking digs at the fans?  What a cock.

Well I thought the club had already "confirmed" that they had received bids of £100m and then that they had received a bid just short of 100m and then that they had a agreement with Moat but the overdraft had to be sorted with the bank and that was the hold-up. 

Now he wants £80m! 

Just more confusing statements from Ashley to muddy the waters.  Who knows what to believe.

are you trying to imply that the club has been lying to us? Gosh, you people are rabid, first you complain when they don't say anything, then complain when they do.

People complain about silence from the club. Then when he makes his position clear, they still complain.

If someone can't stump up £80 million, then it's very questionable whether they're in the right position to take over the club. It also feels right that the uncertainty is brought to an end sometime soon.

So we should be happy that Ashley would have final say over the manager on all transfer dealings?

Dont all owners though, otherwise every team would have every player they need or want? Someone has to approve the finance at some point.

Not sure he means he picks the targets.

My mate reckons Moat has the £100mill and has always had it, the fact is that he is not willing to pay that much for a Championship side with a still huge wage bill and debt. Said he was told this by someone involved with Moat :itk:

:lol:

Even if that's complete fabrication, you can still see the sense in it. Just because Ashley thinks the club is worth£100m/£200m/£400m or whatever, doesn't mean anyone else does.

If ashley wants to sell he had better get on with it imo. From what I'm seeing from the team, automatic promotion is far from guaranteed and if we don't go up the shit will hit the fans.

People complain about silence from the club. Then when he makes his position clear, they still complain.

If someone can't stump up £80 million, then it's very questionable whether they're in the right position to take over the club. It also feels right that the uncertainty is brought to an end sometime soon.

So we should be happy that Ashley would have final say over the manager on all transfer dealings?

Dont all owners though, otherwise every team would have every player they need or want? Someone has to approve the finance at some point.

Was just about to say this.

An owner will always have final say, though that should really just be within financial constraints. However, I can still see Ashley signing players over the managers head, which isn't something every owner will and should do.

An owner will always have final say, though that should really just be within financial constraints. However, I can still see Ashley signing players over the managers head, which isn't something every owner will and should do.

It's defined in the dictionary as 'the Freddy Shepherd approach'

especially one who hasn't got a clue about football.

If all Ashley meant, was that as the cheque signer, he would sanction who comes into the club, then why say it? It's such an obvious fact it doesnt need raising :undecided:

i think thats all he meant, what i think it is going on is hughton identifies a loan signing eg marlon harewood, sounds out villa if hes available does some negotiating over loan fee wages etc then once all thats done he has to go to ashley for final approval on the deal (martin o'neill said something before harewood arrived about having to clear it with the owner i think)

While it is insane that a few results could cause such a shift in the value of the club, it has become apparent in recent games that winning promotion will be no cakewalk and will require additional funds in January. A couple of more bad results means any sale would have to price in not going up- in which case it's anyone's guess what the club would be worth.

Moat might be seen as a bit of an amateur but he's seemingly got himself a £20m discount and I reckon there's probably one more in there somewhere now Ashley has blinked first.

If all Ashley meant, was that as the cheque signer, he would sanction who comes into the club, then why say it? It's such an obvious fact it doesnt need raising :undecided:

i think thats all he meant, what i think it is going on is hughton identifies a loan signing eg marlon harewood, sounds out villa if hes available does some negotiating over loan fee wages etc then once all thats done he has to go to ashley for final approval on the deal (martin o'neill said something before harewood arrived about having to clear it with the owner i think)

Thats not what the lieing fat cunt said, though, is it.