The Third N-O Football Match - Red Team 3 - 1 Blue Team

Guest Heneage

Guest neesy111

Slim was AC Milan top and had longer hair.

neesy easily recognisable as well because his natural expression is a massive grin, always seemed to be smiling even when annoyed or shouting :lol:

haha, well we're winning

Was it you accused me of diving neesy, you cheeky bastard! :razz: It was a fair challenge, I appealed nothing!

haha, don't think so, which incident was that?

I took too long over trying to put away a hash of a clearance from GG in the first half and someone clattered me (fairly) and I managed to hook the ball to Lee eventually. Someone definitely said I'd dived. :lol:

Guest neesy111

Was it you accused me of diving neesy, you cheeky bastard! :razz: It was a fair challenge, I appealed nothing!

haha, don't think so, which incident was that?

I took too long over trying to put away a hash of a clearance from GG in the first half and someone clattered me (fairly) and I managed to hook the ball to Lee eventually. Someone definitely said I'd dived. :lol:

:angel: it wasn't me

Guest stuartbrown06

Each to their own i suppose but i really liked the pitch, best 3G ive played on i reckon, I wear soft ground boots and by the end of a full game on 3G my feet are usually sore but they're fine after that.

Legs are a different story though! ive really seized up now cos i havent done much since the end of last season.

Was a good even game i thought, we had the better first half and the blues had the better of the second half.  Think there was a few of our team had nothing left in the tank (myself included!) towards the end of the game and we just had to hang on and see it out.

Some really good performances today, thought we were solid at the back throughout and i'd definitely agree with O Nut for M.o.M, i think the overall standard was better today then in the other games and it should be a good close game when the blues get their players back who couldnt make it today.

Aye i liked the pitch n'all. Ran fairly well if a bit slowly. Was a peculiar sensation in the first half, though - with the sun beating down on it - felt ridiculously hot under-foot! But aye, i definitely reckon we should play there again if possible.

Guest neesy111

yeah best 3g pitch i've played on, play at the power league in gateshead and it's rubbish there

The red tactic (inadvertently or not) of playing a much higher line than usual worked well. I like to play on the shoulder of the last defender but kept finding myself offside and couldn't pay full attention to where the ball was going because I kept having to look across the line.

NSG apologises to the Blue Team for the second goal

It epitomised our first half performance. No shape and no shouting... it wasn't just his fault like - it just needed one big shout and we'd have been reet. Gimp was my man n'all at the end of the day, and i was a good 10-15 yards upfield. Tell him not to worry about it. :aww:

When's the next one?

How much does it cost?

Do you play 90minutes?

Where do you normally play?

Am I welcome?

Just a few questions I had, and couldn't be arsed to gan through all the pages.

When's the next one? Soon, hopefully. :aww:

How much does it cost? This one was £4, some for the ref, some for the pitch i believe.

Do you play 90minutes? Aye... allegedly.

Where do you normally play? Played at the Newcastle Uni pitches on Coach Lane today.

Am I welcome? Aye!

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6.5 - Not too much to do. Made a couple of handy saves. Nothing he could of done about the goal.

Neesy: 7 - Steady away. Seemed better defensively than anything else.

Optimistic Nut: 9.5 - Brilliant performance, absolute monster at the back.

Neil: 6.5 - Looked nervy at first, fluffed a few clearences but grew in confidence as the game went on.

Dino: 8 - Like Slim sound defensively but had an extra edge coming forward.

stubrown: 8.5 - Quality, drove the red team on and scored two well taken goals.

Pilko: 7 - Looked assured in front of the back four, broke up play well.

stubrown's mate: 6.5 - Stood his ground well linking up the play.

Slim: 6.5 - Wasn't quite sure where he was playing but made a nuisance of himself

dan b: 7 - Cracking turn of pace, made me look like a mug a couple of times.

Gimp: 7.5 - Grafted his bollocks off, took his goal wee too.

NewcastleRocker: 7.5 - Like dan cracking turn of paste, was a constant pest. Unlucky not to score.

BLUES (less in formation, apologies)

NSG/Nick: 5 - Commanded the box well, but poor communication for the second and crisp packet hands for the others.

Prophet: 6 - Bit of a utility player, took a while to get settled but I feel I was pretty solid.

Nicks mate (big guy!): 6 - Calm on the ball and good positioning. Could of done better partiuclarly for the second goal.

Ken Dahl: 8.5 - Wasted at the back, was an absolute monster in midfield, solid in the tackle good touch and got forward to good effect too. Blues man of the match for me.

stupeedo: 7 - Our driving force mid-field and a good captain too. Was unlucky at times and got dragged out of position now and again.

Nixon: 5 - Was he on the pitch first half. Steady away at left back though and got himself a good assist.

Nixon's bro: 6.5 - Looked a good player, the team didn't really use him to full effect though.

cp40: 5.5 - Huffed and puffed. Always closed down before he could get the shot away.

Wullie: 6 - Our best forward let down by a lack of service.

Yorkie: 6.5 - Excellent defensively, hit and mis going forward.

"James": 6.5 - Steady away down the right.

-----------

The Ref: 7 - Suspect time keeping but kept the game flowing.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Nixon first half, not really sure second.

Most Improved Player: Pilko for me.

Man of the Match: Optimistic Nut.

Tackle of the Match: CP40's rugby tackle.

Shot of the match: KenDahl's that hit the bar in the second half.

Block of the match: Can't really remember.

Pass of the match: Nixon's assist or whoever assisted the first.

Sportsmanship award: CP40 - Kicked the ball out when Gimp was rolling around.

When's the next one?

Not sure yet

How much does it cost?

£4 today for pitch and ref

Do you play 90minutes?

Aye

Coach Lane

Am I welcome?

Definitely

I can vouch for Heza, very good player (I'm the clown that missed the open goal on Tuesday night mate.) :blush:

The red tactic (inadvertently or not) of playing a much higher line than usual worked well. I like to play on the shoulder of the last defender but kept finding myself offside and couldn't pay full attention to where the ball was going because I kept having to look across the line.

I think I'll claim credit for that because that's what I said just before kickoff, told Nut and at least one or two of the other defenders to come forward more.

Just for the idea of it though, the execution of it from them was superb

Tbh tactically I thought we got it spot on first half, things starting coming apart in the 2nd half, myself included, I think the decision to go to a flat 4-4-2 and Gimp coming into defensive mid mid-way through the 2nd half though stemmed the flow a bit. Blues had much more of the 2nd half but didn't create that many clear cut chances. Neither did we like.

When's the next one?

Not sure yet

How much does it cost?

Do you play 90minutes?

Aye

Coach Lane

Am I welcome?

Definitely

I can vouch for Heza, very good player (I'm the clown that missed the open goal on Tuesday night mate.) :blush:

Cheers mate, Tom had mentioned it but I couldn't remember if he said you were Wullie so I didn't want to mention it haha.

Your miss could have happened to anyone to be fair - especially when everything happens so quick.

Do you normally play in these N-O matches? I actually live just down the road from Coach Lane campus too so I could just walk up and play...

Without thinking too much, what sort of period would people fancy the next one? Nice for them to be regular but not too close together, could lose their edge. Late August - Early September?

When's the next one?

Not sure yet

How much does it cost?

Do you play 90minutes?

Aye

Coach Lane

Am I welcome?

Definitely

Cheers mate, Tom had mentioned it but I couldn't remember if he said you were Wullie so I didn't want to mention it haha.

Your miss could have happened to anyone to be fair - especially when everything happens so quick.

Do you normally play in these N-O matches? I actually live just down the road from Coach Lane campus too so I could just walk up and play...

We've only had three so far but I've played in them all, yeah. You're more than welcome, just stick your name down when we start the thread about the next game. :thup:

When's the next one?

Not sure yet

How much does it cost?

Do you play 90minutes?

Aye

Coach Lane

Am I welcome?

Definitely

We've only had three so far but I've played in them all, yeah. You're more than welcome, just stick your name down when we start the thread about the next game. :thup:

Mint. I will do mate.  :thup:

Absolutely fantastic day, lads - thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it, even though the result didn't go our way. Canny bunch of lads and a decent standard of footy n'all. Great stuff, well worth the trip. :thup:

THE REAL PLAYER RATINGS:

REDS

Gambling Gorilla: 6 - Didn't have loads to do but couldn't catch the ball for s*** like.

Neesy: 7 - Was on the opposite flank to me but looked like a bit of a thorn in the side, lotsa pace by the looks.

Optimistic Nut: 9 - Blatantly MOTM. Cracking game really. Infuriatingly good tbh.

Neil: 6 - Few dodgy air-balls, gotta say.

Dino: 8 - Had me and CP40 for breakfast for the entirety of the second half. Firmly solidified as an 8 cos his name is actually 'Dino', which, i dunno, i just think is painfully cool...

stubrown: 8 - Looks like a quality player this guy; excellent with the ball at his feet, really direct - cracking finish n'all.

Pilko: 7 - Fair game from Pilko i reckon. Nice little anchor in the midfield and cleaned up a fair few bits and bobs.

stu browns mate (england top): 6 - Meh.

Slim: 6 - I megged him. Hang your head Slim, man. Also - it took me to find the ball in the bushes for you n'all.

dan b: 7 - I reckon Dan's probably a cracking player n'all but probs more of a winger than a central player. Looked dangerous at times.

Gimp: 6 - A big fanny tbh. :aww:

NewcastleRocker: 8 - As versatile as it comes, tidied up and pushed forward to good effect throughout.

BLUES (less in formation, apologies)

NSG/Nick: 6 - I'd rib him for the second goal, but i'm a fellow defender so i'd feel a tad hypocritical. Crisp packet hands for the third, though.

Prophet: 7 - Good game, especially in the second half. I think Ian and Pilko were on par, played similar roles to good effect.

Nicks mate (big guy!): 6 - Not really quick enough across the ground and didn't push up enough. Ridiculously calm on the ball though and helped us get it away on several occassions.

Ken Dahl: 8 - Again, i think this guy's another one that's probably a really quality player, but didn't see it enough (mainly cos of being played out of position). Cracking shot on him, like.

stupeedo: 8 - Instrumental in the first half but faded in the second, but there's a good couple extra points there for drumming it into us half time. Also kept me aware of what the f*** was going on the second half, tbh. Could have got a nine but he blatantly wants to meet my mum so i'm a bit iffy on that.

Nixon: 6 - Utter gash in the first half, but barely put a foot wrong in the second. Some nice touches and lightning-fast runs down the left flank in the second half. Akin to a gazelle.

Nixon's bro: 7 - Another one who i think's probably a really good player, just seemed a bit shy on the ball that's all.

cp40: 6 - Flattered to deceive.

Wullie: 6 - Similar to Lee, actually. Wullie's blatantly a good player, but i thought he needed to look up and hold the ball up a bit more. I in-particular was getting up to support quite a bit in the second half but Wullie seemed to miss me on a few occassions.

Yorkie: 6 - Meh. Happy with a few ridiculously late challenges but my delivery from the wing was woeful.

"James": 7 - Decent player. Provided a good outlet down the right in the second half and held the line well in the second.

-----------

The Ref: 8 - Time-keeping was a bit suspect but he let the game play through which i appreciated tbh.

-----------

AWARDS:

Worst Player: Gimp. Get up, man.

Most Improved Player: Can't really say tbh... KenDahlgot progressively better throughout this particular game, though.

Man of the Match: Optimistic Nut.

Tackle of the Match: I can't actually recall Rocker's one, that everyone's talking about. CP40's Boris Johnson tackle was pretty impressive though.

Shot of the match: KenDahl's that hit the bar in the second half.

Block of the match: Mine on Pilko from 8 yards out, from a corner, in the first half.

Pass of the match: There was one that Stupeedo played in the first half. I don't think Nixon's brother even reached it, but it was outside of the boot, down the line, beautiful whip on it. Cracking technique.

Sportsmanship award: :dontknow:

First half I agree as the everytime I looked up all  could see was the burning sun, especially once, the ball was about 40 feet in the air I saw the ball for a bit then all I saw was the sun and managed to punch it somehow, 2nd half there wasn't a great deal for me to catch tbh, corners were quite far out.  My handling did leave something to be desired however, a big improvement from the first game though in only my 2nd 11 a side game in about 5 years.  No trying to make excuses, I know I could have been better but I could do sod all about the goal and saved quite a few shots.