Watford v Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

It really does sadden me to see people saying they hate Roeder. I don't think he's the man for us either, but for fuck sake look at what he done for us last season, and don't forget he was a player here before. Fuckin ridiculous that people are taking a dislike to him. We need a new manager, but i'd like to see Roeder get his old job at the academy back. Some people have VERY short memories. Then again i bet some people who were singing for the fat cunt to get out on Saturday are the same people who sung "there's only one Freddy Shepherd" when we signed Owen.

I apologise if my above post came out too harsh but when I wrote that I was really angry. With each game Roeder's inability to manage becomes more apparent and it has become obvious that with him at the helm, the only way we are heading is down.

What frustrates me even further is his refusal to resign. He has degenerated to Souness levels for me - the point of no return.

I apologise if my above post came out too harsh but when I wrote that I was really angry. With each game Roeder's inability to manage becomes more apparent and it has become obvious that with him at the helm, the only way we are heading is down.

What frustrates me even further is his refusal to resign. He has degenerated to Souness levels for me - the point of no return.

Ironically, despite CLEARLY being less of a wanker than Soumess, Roeder is just as bad for the club, as he is just as incompetent.

suprised Parker didn't take a penalty

Didn't seem to be celebrating too much at the end tbh either.  Not convinced everything is harmony and light with him at the present time.

You didn't see it on SSN then. He went mental and celebrated with the crowd before throwing his shirt to them.

What I did see was on SSN but not that.  Having seen more since (and the stills) obvious he was happy!!  It wasn't a windup, I did think he seemed subdued.  Obviously the bit whe he was getting his second wind! :winking:

Guest Bellers

First-half diagnosis?

Played some good stuff, in all honesty we should have been home and dry by half time...

Second-half diagnosis?

Watford began to turn the game into a scrap, which worked to their strength. They scored a decent set piece, but we finished the stronger of the two sides...

Full-time diagnosis?

A good preformance, still worried by the lack of defensive quality...

Star man for United?

You'd have to say Parker, he kept going when everyone else were fucked...

Worst United player?

Carr, why is this man still getting into a premiership team...

Opposition comment?

When they're playing to their strengths, they're half decent although they badly miss King. A decent side would tear them to shreds...

Toon-pros?

Played some lovely football...

Toon-cons?

Our defence is utter shite, Watford found the net twice, words fail me...

Post-match feelings?

A couple of good cup runs appear to be developing, but our league form is the priority...

Just been reading the True Faith report and felt the need to report this bit:

I missed the first goal of course... stuck in a polite melee outside the ground. Still, my mate daft Juzz, a man with a fearsome pre-match thirst, sailed through the whole game unaware of the fact we had scored and fucked-off with five minutes of normal time left. Thick as whale-spunk.

:lol:

Guest mynamesgone

Cant agree with those of you that are calling Harper a hero.  IMHO he was responsible for both goals (ok not directly), his failure to come for crosses means that any ball played inot the area only needs a tap to land in hte back ofthe net - definetely the case for the 1st and possibly the 2nd.

Throughout the match long throws caused probles and on at least a half dozen occasions the ball bounced in the 6 yard area - Goalkeepers have to take control of these type of situations!!!!!!!

Just seen the highlights. Looked like Harper made some decent saves throughout the match, but our marking from free-kicks is atrocious. Chuffed that Parker scored, and don't give a fuck that he didn't take a pen. You can only pick your best penalty-takers at the end of the day; maybe he's shit at them.