Watford v Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

Guest KeithKettleborough

well from what I saw of it.................

Harper 9, good saves during game as well as the pen. Also went out of his way to praise Zoggy after his pen.

Carr 6 Usual Carr, at times a smooth runner, others a MOT failure

Babywhatsit  7 Actually kept going and was reasonable

Taylor  8 not a fan of this part time clown but thought he did well, nothing that silly

Ramage  7 Pretty steady, ecstatic celebration with Toon fans at the end

Emre 8 Worked hard and upset the Watford lot

Parker 8 took his goal well, could have had a winner too. Surprised the "captain" wasn't captain enough to take a pen.

Duff 7 Another hard working performance. got into some good positions but then cant seem to shoot properly.

Siebers 8 Considering he was perhaps not fully fit did well. Showed some nice touches and got Saturday out of our system from the start with his goal.

Milner 6 Didnt see much of him, some crosses poor which rarely beat first defender

Rossi  6 Some decent touches but didnt seem to impose himself.

Nobby  Good passing and seemed to be put up front when he first came on.

Zoggy  Didnt get time to do much but was caught well offside when he had most of there half to run into

Just got back home from it.  What an amazing game.  Not really experience an atmosphere like that before,  during the shootout.  At 2-1 down you could just tell it was another typical Newcastle game where we cock it up,  but Parker to score,  I love him.

Also pleased for Harper.  Great support tonight.  Dreadfull defending set pieces though.  Watford fans were rubbish until they went 2-1 up in extra time.

My voice hurts.

Guest KeithKettleborough

well from what I saw of it.................

blueconfused.gif

bluebigeek.gif blueyes.gif If I said that i did, would you believe me?

Guest Ridzuan

Just got back home from it.  What an amazing game.  Not really experience an atmosphere like that before,  during the shootout.  At 2-1 down you could just tell it was another typical Newcastle game where we cock it up,  but Parker to score,  I love him.

Also pleased for Harper.  Great support tonight.  Dreadfull defending set pieces though.  Watford fans were rubbish until they went 2-1 up in extra time.

My voice hurts.

How many Toon fans you think was in attendance?

My voice hurts.

A hell of a lot.  Couldn't put a figure on it,  but it looked like at least 90% of the stand (behind goal where pens were taken) was full. 

My voice hurts.

A hell of a lot.  Couldn't put a figure on it,  but it looked like at least 90% of the stand (behind goal where pens were taken) was full. 

Thought I'd heard about 3000 on 5live

suprised Parker didn't take a penalty

Didn't seem to be celebrating too much at the end tbh either.  Not convinced everything is harmony and light with him at the present time.

You didn't see it on SSN then. He went mental and celebrated with the crowd before throwing his shirt to them.

Didn't seem to be celebrating too much at the end tbh either.  Not convinced everything is harmony and light with him at the present time.

You didn't see it on SSN then. He went mental and celebrated with the crowd before throwing his shirt to them.

You're wrong, MJ is right, Parker looks gutted here:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72445543.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6A25F164912479DB2C7631F868A8C7D54

OMG, THE ZOG LOOKS UNHAPPY, HE'S OFF TO ARSENAL FOR TALKS IN THE MORNING TBH.

Guest Ridzuan

You're wrong, MJ is right, Parker looks gutted here:

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/72445543.jpg?v=1&c=MS_GINS&k=2&d=17A4AD9FDB9CF19390335F8FA9CA92A6A25F164912479DB2C7631F868A8C7D54

OMG, THE ZOG LOOKS UNHAPPY, HE'S OFF TO ARSENAL FOR TALKS IN THE MORNING TBH.

He's just too young to understand what just happened.

Guest Ridzuan

Look at how Emre pushes him aside too! they clearly don't want Zoggy in the team, there's some major unhealthy rivalry going on there!

I think Emre was trying to motivate him to join the fun as well.

Guest newcastle4life

Suppose its concerning we cant beat Watford and proberly wont gain confidence for the league but chuffes we are in the next round sort of match just need to get through especially as we are awful in the carling cup and we actually come back from a bad position 2-1 down with some fight and won a shootout thats certainly a shock players must have actually put some effort in to the match.

Sounded like Sib had a good game on the  radio but why Lugue never got  a game concerns me

Get in Boys!

Get Fking Out Roeder!

You've shown again what an inapt tactical asshole you are. I totally dispise you Birdbrain.

Get the hell outta here.

I sure hope that despite this win, we wont abate our Shepard out and Roeder out chants! It is obvious to me that with those 2 involved we wont progess forward.