Watford v Newcastle United - Post Match Thoughts

BlufPurdi

Okay people sweep stakes on the number of articles on .cock tonight and tomorrow?

The propaganda will be in full swing.

This win is pleasing but somewhat annoying at the same time, I would rather have seen us pick up 3 points in the last game... and if we crash and burn again in the next few league games, this will soon be forgotten.

Yeah I feel the same, I jumped and shouted 'YES!' when the pen went in and then though wait a second...

Guest ToonFanNorway

First-half diagnosis?

Completely dominated. One of the best performances this season but still couldn't find the net more than once. Sibi should have had a hattrick

Second-half diagnosis?

Rubbish. Deserved to lose based on the 2nd half performance. Crumbled under Watford pressure.

Full-time diagnosis?

Glad we were still in the game as we could have so easily of not even got extra time

Star man for United?

Harper for getting us through

Worst United player?

Taylor really dissapointed me today

Opposition comment?

Put us under pressure in the 2nd half and in Extra time. Probably deserved a place in the 1/4 final.

Toon-pros?

We won a shootout!

Toon-cons?

Still don't have a goalscorer

Post-match feelings?

Relieved

Now thats dedication !!! Is it Jonny hall or Alan Oliver ? You decide !!!

For f**ks sake we are in the s**t do you not realise that (Writers Group)

Sorry if im abusive but stella is getting low !!!!!!!!!!

Guest TurkishToon

as somebody in the chatroom put it...we won despite Roeder..

caught it on radio...sounded like emre and milner played well (who selects milner for a penalty really????) and duff wasted some chances as well as sibierski...

cant understand the logic of not making subs sooner in the extra time...and no luque, late intro for zoggy..roeder is confusing

we were lucky...happy that team gets a win, good for the morale...

i hope it wont be until Man City game though...if we play like this it will be a tie at best

and yeah still agree Roeder needs to go!

Lucked our way through tbh.

Roeder is a clueless fucking gimp and for all those people who think we deserved to be through....

Really this is getting worse every day,we struggle to beat WATFORD ffs...our expenditure in the last year would probably buy their club,go figure.

SHEPHERD,ROEDER and all the other fucking hangers on OUT!!

Good to see us get through, but scraping past Watford in sudden death penalties just is not good enough tbh. I though Roeder had been unlucky so far this season but he was b*llocks today, no other word for it. He needs to improve quickly. Arsenal next weekend and chelsea not too far after that, then we got the Christmas cluster which we have all seen and isn't gonig to be an easy run by any stretch of the imagination.

Howay the Toon, we're gonna win the cup  :lol:

We have actually got a decent chance of winning this now. If we buck our ideas up.

I think your kidding yourself mate.

We suck and you know we do,makes me sick to the pit of my stomach to see such a clueless pleb managing our club,show me a positive factor of Roeders management please.

We have actually got a decent chance of winning this now. If we buck our ideas up.

I think your kidding yourself mate.

We suck and you know we do,makes me sick to the pit of my stomach to see such a clueless pleb managing our club,show me a positive factor of Roeders management please.

Hence... if we buck our ideas up.

We won't win it, but we're morew than capabke of doing so. After all, we are the only Premiership team who keep playing our 'best' team (according to Roeder anyway :roll: ).

People saying Roeder out, have any of you actually got any faith in our fat chairman appointing a half decent manager? The more managers we go through, the less attractive of a position the Newcastle managers job is becoming.

So you think hes a decent manager then?

Jimmy Johnson from Jimmy Johnson land could do a better job tbh.

Guest Ridzuan

Im glad that we won,even though it was from a penalty shoot out.I havnt watch the match so I do not know how well we have performed.But from what I have read,Watford certainly was the side with better chances than we did and you could say we were a little lucky to get that penalty shoot out and win it.But credit to Steve Harper for making the save that sees us through.Lets hope we can continue this good run of form in the carling cup now that Manchester United is gone.

I'm gonna reserve my opinion until after tomorrow. When I see whether Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are through, then we'll know where we stand.

First-half diagnosis?

alright I suppose, bit peed off that we didnt score more than one

Second-half diagnosis?

the muppets sat back and invited pressure, better newcastle teams have sat back and buckled, so I dont know what this bunch of muppets thought would happen

Full-time diagnosis?

about what we deserved

Star man for United?

sounded like Emre on radio, but I dont like him, so Milner,

Worst United player?

Babayaro, need I say more,

Opposition comment?

who cares, we won

Toon-pros?

we won

Toon-cons?

set pieces, and not enough goals, yadda yadda ya,

Post-match feelings?

relieved to be in the next round, but Id swap this cup to stay in this league,

I'm gonna reserve my opinion until after tomorrow. When I see whether Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool are through, then we'll know where we stand.

Yeah. Agreed.

Guest Knightrider

Great win, well done Roeder and the lads.

WE'RE GONNA WIN THE CUP!!

OK we aren't, and we'll draw Chelsea away in the next round and be battered 5-0 but for tonight only, I can dream can't I.

BTW how fucking extreme is this club.

People saying Roeder out, have any of you actually got any faith in our fat chairman appointing a half decent manager? The more managers we go through, the less attractive of a position the Newcastle managers job is becoming.

So you think hes a decent manager then?

Jimmy Johnson from Jimmy Johnson land could do a better job tbh.

I didn't say that. I am struggling to think of a half decent manager who will come anywhere near the club though after yet another managerial sacking after such little time. It doesn't read well.