The England Thread

Pilko

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think I've seen Rooney touch the ball twice in 20 minutes, seems really subdued these days. Injured or mentally drained?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Think I've seen Rooney touch the ball twice in 20 minutes, seems really subdued these days. Injured or mentally drained?

Just cant play in the system Capello has.

Reckon that's all it is?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Seems to really struggle to create space for himself when teams are defending. The only way he gets on the ball is dropping deep (half way line deep). Think he's adapted to the Counter Attacking Man U style far too much.

England game is a bit irritating, what with hearing "itch" every 3 seconds.

I find it more annoying that we have the typical old faces looking lost of ideas against Montenegro.  Best players so far is Young, Adam Johnson and Cole.  The rest are too slow and lacking ideas.  Rooney may as well be played as a midfielder for England as he drops further back than Barry at times to get the ball.  Barry is also far to slow, despite his decent passing.  Gerrard needs to say forward and leave Barry to breaking up play.

Theyve got ten players behind the ball, exactly what magic do you expect of them?

We should be doing better against this lot, regardless of them defending with 10 men behind the ball.  The fact we still playing balls over the top when they are all camped in their half shows our lack of ideas.  We have pace and ability to play shorter passes and work around them.  We should be attacking down either wings and sticking decent crosses in.  It's not happening enough, but down the wings has been our best moves yet.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Theyve got ten players behind the ball, exactly what magic do you expect of them?

We should be doing better against this lot, regardless of them defending with 10 men behind the ball.  The fact we still playing balls over the top when they are all camped in their half shows our lack of ideas.  We have pace and ability to play shorter passes and work around them.  We should be attacking down either wings and sticking decent crosses in.  It's not happening enough, but down the wings has been our best moves yet.

Aye, bit confused why we're not pushing the flanks when we've got two decent wingers on the pitch, and two decent attacking full backs and a beanpole to aim for in the middle. The few times we've went down the sides its been more productive than going down the middle. Plus it'll draw the CM out wide and create space for Rooney to do something.

I don't think were doing well by any means, but it's very difficult to break this kinda shit down. Just gotta be patient, keep plugging away. Would help if either of our strikers could contol the ball.

Completely agree, but it doesn't mean I can't complain when we play our football in a manner that suits their defensive tactics.