The England Thread

Pilko

Darren Bent wouldve scored a hattrick by now. Somehow.

Theyre also getting away with lots of sly hacks. Dirty eastern Europeans.

Darren Bent is exactly what we need up front, someone who has pace and knows where the back of the net is.  I just noticed we only have Davies on the bench and that's hardly bringing on someone who is going to provide what we need up front.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He should've just shot

I know its great to knock him cos he plays for Man U, but I'd honestly like to know what's going on with him. Personal Life/Injury/fed up with football/Can only play in a Counter Attacking Set up with space a head of him to eat up? Seems really blasé at the moment. Think MKSC is spot on - Rooney could do with a complete rest from Football, if not for his football career, just to get himself sorted out.

No chance of that happening though, far too important for England and Man U, which is a bit selfish considering what's going on. Yes, its all self created, but surely he should be allowed, just like the rest of us, a chance to sort it out (unpaid of course).

What age did George Best walk away from Football?

Looking at Montengro results over the last twelve months, they don't conceed much.  They don't score much either, but they haven't played that many decent teams.  Biggest defeat was Bulgaria 4 - 1 in September 09.  Italy done them 2 - 0 in March 09.

He should've just shot

I know its great to knock him cos he plays for Man U, but I'd honestly like to know what's going on with him. Personal Life/Injury/fed up with football/Can only play in a Counter Attacking Set up with space a head of him to eat up? Seems really blasé at the moment. Think MKSC is spot on - Rooney could do with a complete rest from Football, if not for his football career, just to get himself sorted out.

No chance of that happening though, far too important for England and Man U, which is a bit selfish considering what's going on. Yes, its all self created, but surely he should be allowed, just like the rest of us, a chance to sort it out (unpaid of course).

think he was talking about Johnson mate, not Rooney.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He should've just shot

think he was talking about Johnson mate, not Rooney.

Aye, isn't a go at Dan, though the was talking about Rooney so was following on.

Think Best walked away at about 26?

Wonder what odds you'd get on Rooney to walk away before his 27th?

Rooney has lost his mojo.

He's normally good at creating something when he receives the ball in confined spaces, but he's just losing it. We're having to rely on crosses from the wings.

Sounds like me on FIFA

Rooney has lost his mojo.

He's normally good at creating something when he receives the ball in confined spaces, but he's just losing it. We're having to rely on crosses from the wings.

Aye, his first touch, passing and shooting are all poor at the moment.  He isn't winning the ball high up the pitch and nor can he hold players off like he used to.  He also drops far too deep and leaves Crouch double marked out of the game.  Needs to be dropped, why play him when he is like this? lets hope he shows us his talent by winning the game in the second half.