The England Thread

Pilko

Always excuses with Dresden. He's the king of them.

I have no idea what excuses these are that aren't 100% spot on?  Pick them out for me...

I don't have to. They're all nonsense.

"In May 2010, I was approached first by Stuart Pearce, then current England boss Fabio Capello's assistant Franco Baldini, about rejoining the squad for the World Cup in South Africa. Again I pondered hard, but with the same result.

"Apart from feeling awkward about taking the place of somebody who had travelled all over the place in the qualifying competition, I had thought about my family – and that was more than enough."

OH DEAR RONALDO

Oxlade-Chamberlain is way too raw at this stage.  Will have to tear the shit out of defences on a regular basis to get into the squad imo.

I'd give him a chance. He already looks better than Walcott. Nerves can be a problem for a young player but he looks very confident. He has both pace and skill. What have we got to lose?

MAYBE being the key word there.  Key fact is that he'd already retired and would have needed some grade A grovelling to get him to come back.  It's a terrible attitude to have towards your national side. 

Now stop driving that trivial point through and concentrate on these excuses you are convinced about.  Explanation and examples kthnx

Capello :smug:

England being s*** at tournaments is nothing to do with him.

You might want to familiarise yourself with 2002, 2004 and 2006 before coming out with that recycled garbage.

I honestly think Eriksson did a really good job, it just unravelled at the end when the press were hounding his every move.

Agreed. A freak goal in 2002 (think we would have actually won it that year had we won that match), 2004 we lost away to the hosts and one of the strongest Portuguese sides in a long time, and 2006 Rooney (becoming a theme now) was petulant and even with 10-men it took pens for Portugal to knock us out again.

:thup:

Agree here too.

So Capello guides us to the tournament averaging over 2 goals a game; begins to utilize different formations and tactics; drops a load of deadwood out of the squad, whilst bringing in a few exciting youung players and it's all a bit s*** and people aren't satisfied?

Really is pathetic.

You're a WUM or you're slow.  It wasn't a strong group.  We're surely allowed to draw conclusions on our tournament prospects based on the level of performance we've seen.

They are premature conclusions...

Let's just wait and see then.  Arsenal should have just waited with Bruce Rioch, they were proper thick as fuck to cut that short based on what they saw on the pitch.  And I'm not advocating sacking Capello before the tournament btw (there have been whispers of that iirc), I'm just saying we're pretty shite.

Some people are actually genuinely moronic when it comes to discussing the fortunes of our national side :lol:

night.

Capello (ie the England manager) :smug:

Quite. What a queer.

Some people are actually genuinely moronic when it comes to discussing the fortunes of our national side :lol:

night.

Quite. What a queer.

It's poorly worded and that's my fault ofc.

Basically our players limitations don't allow them to comfortably compete for Championships when pitched against superior sides.  There are several sides who are superior to us.  Capello may have had the squad underachieving in some performances, but that loss to Germany was pretty expected and would have taken Capello's players playing at 100% for almost the entire game to get near scraping a positive result.

night.

Quite. What a queer.

It's poorly worded and that's my fault ofc.

Basically our players limitations don't allow them to comfortably compete for Championships when pitched against superior sides.  There are several sides who are superior to us.  Capello may have had the squad underachieving in some performances, but that loss to Germany was pretty expected and would have taken Capello's players playing at 100% for almost the entire game.

And none of that has anything to do with the fact that our national coach, who's held that position for almost 4 years, can barely string a sentence together in English. It's ludicrous.

Proper mystery how he's won so many games then.

I assume he just stands in the dressing room waving his hands around pointing before the players go out?  They probably just guess the formation and tactics whilst walking down the tunnel...

The worst WC I've ever seen England play - by far, mind you - is 2010.

Still say that he should have been sacked immediately after the Germany game. The whole tournament was an absolute disaster.

Correct answer, the new contract before the tournament was a fucking joke.

Macedonia 2 England 2: Reckless Rooney sees red but Capello's men reach Euro 2012

Montenegro, not Macedonia!!! :D :D :D

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2046656/Macedonia-2-England-2-Reckless-Rooney-sees-red-Capellos-men-reach-Euro-2012.html

That's the Daily Mail website you're looking at.  They don't recognise countries in Europe that we haven't had major wars with (one of them undeservedly in thier eyes) and still regard this as Yugoslavian territory.  I'm just amazed (and quite impressed at the same time for them) that they managed to think of another European team that shared four letters in thier name to be honest.

Will all be 'trific when Harry takes over.  Grit etc will conquer once again...

It won't but at least:

a) he might appear to give a toss now and then

b) won't on a ludicrous wage making him unsackable regardless

c) can speak English

d) is English