The England Thread

Pilko

Guest Stephen927

Barry is living off that good few games he had when Capello first picked him. Scott Parker should be in over him every time, probably means we'll see Barry start now, ffs.

Wish Hargreaves hadn't had all those injury problems, Barry wouldn't have had a look-in.

Gareth Barry captain for tuesday's game. What a joke, not good enough to be in the sqaud let alone make him captain.

It's decisions like this which remind me why i haven't cared about England for a good 10 years. Rapidly losing any respect i ever had for Capello.

Have no interest in England whatosever anymore. Can't believe I bought into it for so long.

Why? And do the reasons not apply to football in general (e.g. Newcastle)?

Yeah, they should I suppose. I'll always love this football club.

if Ghana win they'll be the first African team to beat England.

Surprising that. A quick look at our results shows that the closest we came to buggering that up was against Tunisia in 1990 - saved by an 89th minute Steve Bull goal. Oh, what halcyon forward days.

Didn't realise that Turkey had never scored against us, in ten matches.

Guest Stephen927

if Ghana win they'll be the first African team to beat England.

Surprising that. A quick look at our results shows that the closest we came to buggering that up was against Tunisia in 1990 - saved by an 89th minute Steve Bull goal. Oh, what halcyon forward days.

Didn't realise that Turkey had never scored against us, in ten matches.

Given how intense our recent matches against them have been, particular in Istanbul, it's quite a remarkable stat.

Guest BooBoo

The Ghana game could easily be the most pointless game in years. Call me bitter, but I'll only be keeping half an eye on the game in the hope that Carroll and Gyan collide with each other and both suffer significant and painful injuries.

I'll be watching it like, invited my hot Ghana-fan friend over but she can't make it.

Obviously will be pointless, and I hate Gareth Barry with a passion, but it's a football game that's on TV. And Ghana sound well up for it, they've sold 21,000 tickets apparently, which is a decent effort.