The England Thread

Pilko

One thing i've never understood is the notion that Lampard is a dislikeable character. Always seems a pretty decent guy to me.

I think the reason he's become unpopular is that he's continued to play for England throughout a long period when he should/could have been dropped for being rubbish.

One thing i've never understood is the notion that Lampard is a dislikeable character. Always seems a pretty decent guy to me.

I think the reason he's become unpopular is that he's continued to play for England throughout a long period when he should/could have been dropped for being rubbish.

The whole team was playing bad, he just carried the blame as people preffered Gerrard and the Gerrard/Lampard can't play together thing was the focus of why we weren't playing well, where in reality it was down to McGinge.

Guest kingdawson

Technically Lennon is a pretty dreadful footballer.

Technically he's excellent. Honestly mate if you see some of the ball control and skill he shows at spurs week in week out, you wouldn't have that opinion. I agree that his crossing can be a bit iffy at times (altough i do think people exaggerate how bad he is at crossing) but he's very very good technically.

Technically Lennon is a pretty dreadful footballer.

Technically he's excellent. Honestly mate if you see some of the ball control and skill he shows at spurs week in week out, you wouldn't have that opinion. I agree that his crossing can be a bit iffy at times (altough i do think people exaggerate how bad he is at crossing) but he's very very good technically.

Fuck off man, his crossing is brilliant :lol:

Guest kingdawson

How about that cross by Lennon?.

Still no one will pass to him eh?

Who said that?

:-[

Guest kingdawson

They honestly didn't in the other games he's been involved in. Was as if they were told not to pass to him unless it's absolutly nescessary (obviously they was not told that though). Having Johnson as rb doesn't exactly help Lennon much either.

They honestly didn't in the other games he's been involved in. Was as if they were told not to pass to him unless it's absolutly nescessary (obviously they was not told that though). Having Johnson as rb doesn't exactly help Lennon much either.

:thup:

1st England game i've seen in a while, worked most of them so haven't really noticed much.

Maybe he's just not been confident and other players pick up on that, now he feels he's doing the bizz he wants the ball and wants to attack. He's been looking sharp this season, especially in the last couple of weeks. It's probably more to do with him imo.