The England Thread

Pilko

Lampards probably my favourite footballer. The way he can turn a game on its head with moments of brilliance. He takes so much abuse from nearly evey set of fans he comes up against, but still gets his head down and performs week in week out for Chelsea. When that dickhead off the radio had a pop at him for some sort of personal reason, he rung up and put the prick in his place, he went up in my estimation. Also, like the time he played 5 days or something after his mum died, its shows how good a proffesional he is, some of the despicable s***-heads playing for our club could take a leaf out of Lampards book. Got a f***ing good strike on him aswell. Fucking quality footballer, world class.

Guest Stephen927

Heskey doing his best impression of Bambi on ice.

Ameobi could have finished those two chances.

If Lampard wasn't English, people would be comparing him to Iniesta and Xavi.

Completely different footballers if you ask me.

Also a season ago I'd have said the opposite.

No they wouldn't.

Guest Stephen927

For me Lampard is up there with the top class midfielders in the world

Lampard is underrated because of his nationality and that shite spell he had for England. But if you watch him play for Chelsea you can see the quality he has, his goal record is phenomenal. He isn't even what I would call a natural footballer, he has just worked damn hard to get to where he is, deserving of being mentioned in the same sentence as the likes of Iniesta and Xavi imo.

Why is Heskey ahead of Crouch if you're looking for a big man up top?.

Why the "." after the "?"?

Don't know the answer to your question, other than "don't change a winning team". Walk in the park this, we could be 6-0 up at half time. The high pressure is really paying off, Croatia looks utterly clueless how to even start an attack.

For me Lampard is up there with the top class midfielders in the world

Lampard is underrated because of his nationality and that shite spell he had for England. But if you watch him play for Chelsea you can see the quality he has, his goal record is phenomenal. He isn't even what I would call a natural footballer, he has just worked damn hard to get to where he is, deserving of being mentioned in the same sentence as the likes of Iniesta and Xavi imo.

He's not as good as either of those technically so to speak but certainly has been one of the most consistent and best performing midfielders over the past few seasons. Shown up though before when he's played against those two and players of similar ilk as his short passing/technique can't compete.

Guest Stephen927

Don't know the answer to your question, other than "don't change a winning team". Walk in the park this, we could be 6-0 up at half time. The high pressure is really paying off, Croatia looks utterly clueless how to even start an attack.

Other than when he's in front of goal with a chance to score, Heskey brings much more to a team than Crouch, definitely.

When we get at their back four, it's easy. There are gaps between their defenders that you could drive an oil tanker through.

Since the second goal, we've not been that positive. It's like they're a bit afraid of giving the ball away now that we're almost there.

Other than when he's in front of goal with a chance to score, Heskey brings much more to a team than Crouch, definitely.

Yeah, can't really complain as we're playing really well and Heskey is a part of that. The little flick for Lampards shot was brilliant.

When we get at their back four, it's easy. There are gaps between their defenders that you could drive an oil tanker through.

Since the second goal, we've not been that positive. It's like they're a bit afraid of giving the ball away now that we're almost there.

?? We could/should be 6-0 up, not sure we can complain about a lack of positivity. Theyre just passing it until holes are created, its good football.

?? We could/should be 6-0 up, not sure we can complain about a lack of positivity. Theyre just passing it until holes are created, its good football.

I just feel there's been a lot of passing the ball around in our own half - that is, passing designed not to lose the ball rather than threaten the opposition. Perhaps that's the sensible, professional thing to do. But their back four is playing like it's the first time they've met, as is shown every time we get the ball in the final third of the pitch. I'd like to see us play with a bit more confidence and get at them more. If only for entertainment value.