The England Thread

Pilko

I thought it was a really crap game to be honest. France weren't as good as they can be, we were our usual selves, and the game suffered for it.

I think we were our usual selves TBH, unless we suddenly expect England to start playing great football.

:whistle:

Oh.

Away all day yesterday, so just seeing this thread now. Sure I won't be saying anything new.

Thought Debuchy looked nice going forward. Cabaye strong in the middle, paired nicely with Nasri.

England looked good defending, especially on set pieces.

Both sides will be happy with a draw I'm sure.

It's almost a curse nowadays to be blessed with a multitude of attacking talent.

All these managers are so fearful it's untrue. They all want to turn their supreme attacking teams into solid defensive units.

You've got Netherlands starting both Van Bommel and De Jong, while leaving Van der Vaart on the bench, and France starting Malouda when at least 5 better players were on the bench all in the name of being more solid I presume. Funnily enough it served neither team that well.

I mean neither were playing an Argentina or Brazil were they? Denmark are average, and England's main weakness if anything is their attacking/creative elements, particularly with Rooney out.

Too much negativity, by teams that should just be going out there and blowing teams away.

I'm sure Blanc got scared from the Milner chance and the Lescott goal and just said to them that draw is good as they weren't even trying second half. Which is daft.

Guest Roger Kint

Just heard they claim to have 150/180 songs or something, has anyone heard more than the same bastard four tunes every game?  :lol:

Guest palnese

That band is almost, just almost as bad as the fucking vuvuzela.

England were  poor against France, as expected. Can't believe Blanc allowed Benzema to drop as deep as he did. Cost them 2 points.

That band is almost, just almost as bad as the fucking vuvuzela.

England were  poor against France, as expected. Can't believe Blanc allowed Benzema to drop as deep as he did. Cost them 2 points.

:thup: it's the same principle really.

I fucking hate drums too, what kind of cunt brings a drum to a football match ffs?

I wouldn't say England were poor against France though, France hardly had a sniff inside the box.

Guest Phil K

I f***ing hate drums too, what kind of c*** brings a drum to a football match ffs?

A not very bright one.

Guest Howaythetoon

England were solid but as a team have nowt about us other than the suspended Rooney and even then it will depend which Rooney turns up. France looked like a collection of individuals and although they clearly have the better players, they don't look like a real side to me in the way say Italy or even Germany have looked. Overall, despite the goals and action no team has stood out and for me, a lot of the teams are quite average compared to their former selves, including England who could actually do quite well. Has anyone else noticed btw the complete lack of fanfare basically in the country? Past competitions... everyone would be decked out in England attire, cars adorned with flags and stickers, homes with flags and what have you... now its almost sporadic. I think people are generally just not as arsed about England as they once were and its a sad state of affairs really and sums up football in this country really in that its a shambles outside of club loyalty.